Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Played MP tonight on GCN to prevent myself impulse buying the remaster. It’s cool but the single stick movement is so strange

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
classic controls are the way to go for sure on mp now that ive switched back. dual stick doesnt feel right

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

bought Prime, never played it before. I had the thought once I got down to the planet "oh this is just kind of a FPS Zelda" but I guess that just speaks to how similar Zelda and Metroid can be in some aspects

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
the music when you're entering magmoor... :vince:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

heehee posted:

*Lava Cave

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

heehee posted:

super metroid still did it the best i think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pogkiSPJPX4

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

super metroid still did it the best i think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pogkiSPJPX4

when i was a kid we always thought it sounded like dad's farts until the high part kicks in.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

I had only heard of the Etrian Odyssey games in passing, so when I saw it on the Direct that was the first time I actually watched gameplay.

The first thing I thought was "hey, that looks a lot like SMT Strange Journey". Was that a copycat thing or an inspired by thing?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
strange journey was made with the etrian devs and runs on etrian's engine

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Strange Journey port next please

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mycophobia posted:

classic controls are the way to go for sure on mp now that ive switched back. dual stick doesnt feel right

pointer controls work with a pro controller too

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Missed the direct live but catching up on it now. Botw2 trailer got me very hype. Going to play some gb/gba games today, might try Alone In The Dark based on the descriptions here lol

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Missed the direct live but catching up on it now. Botw2 trailer got me very hype. Going to play some gb/gba games today, might try Alone In The Dark based on the descriptions here lol

Give it at least 15 minutes of your time. It's an experience.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i hadnt played metroid prime since it came out on the wii and was beginning to doubt my position that it was a top 3 all-time game. well, my position has been strengthened

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Strange journey in the style of dead space x raidou

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mbt posted:

Strange journey in the style of dead space x raidou
Strange Larry.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Metroid Prime continues to reign supreme.

I've just made it to Phendrana Drifts (Ice Valley voice over lmao)

----------------

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Ice Valley.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
enough about my wife

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

can’t decide between playing my old GBA games on the pocket or metroid prime again. it’s so good lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

right arm posted:

can’t decide between playing my old GBA games on the pocket or metroid prime again. it’s so good lol
The Pocket ftw.

----------------

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Phendrana Drifts music blew my nuts off and sent me right back to a time when life was full of joy + wonders. What a fuckin game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Phendrana Drifts music blew my nuts off and sent me right back to a time when life was full of joy + wonders. What a fuckin game

That music owns big time.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

American McGay posted:

The Pocket ftw.

made my brother mail me my old copies of Breath of Fire 1 & 2. currently looking for Crystal for the GBC now too :D

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I hit the Phazon mines and had my first death just past the rotating pillar puzzle.. hadn't encountered a save room since reaching that area so I've got to re-do most of it. I can't tell if I missed the save room or they're just not as frequent this far into the game.

----------------

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

SpaceAceJase posted:

I hit the Phazon mines and had my first death just past the rotating pillar puzzle.. hadn't encountered a save room since reaching that area so I've got to re-do most of it. I can't tell if I missed the save room or they're just not as frequent this far into the game.
Phazon Mines is an endurance test. It's the only place in the game where you actually have to be careful and learn the rooms. It's the only part of the game that actually resembles a more classic FPS, and after that the game becomes fairly easy again.
It's a pirate base, and the few save points they built probably murdered them so they left it at that.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

finally caught up on thread and watched the direct

Sub-Actuality posted:

oh my god I love nintendo

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Man just imagine being Charles Martinet. Just vibin your way through life, occasionally getting paid not-billionaire-but-probably-still-pretty-good money to voice the cheeriest plumber the world has ever known. Millions of families across the globe are familiar with your work. No wonder everyone I know that’s met him says he’s just the coolest guy ever

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Man just imagine being Charles Martinet. Just vibin your way through life, occasionally getting paid not-billionaire-but-probably-still-pretty-good money to voice the cheeriest plumber the world has ever known. Millions of families across the globe are familiar with your work. No wonder everyone I know that’s met him says he’s just the coolest guy ever

Nintendo.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

The Maroon Hawk posted:

lets just say i don't have to imagine

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Nintendo.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Imagine being Mario

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Imagine being Mario

whoa...

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

The Maroon Hawk posted:

https://twitter.com/charlesmartinet/status/1623105371152990208?s=46&t=muepR84UFRujeL6aXN6ZEg

----------------

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/0W3OdO18t0U

Nintendo

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Imagine being Mario

riding a dinosaur, leaping and orbiting a tiny planet 10 times before landing. now that's paper

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

i love this guy