Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I am really glad I didn't pick up xenoblade chronicles before the date for this was announced. I am hyped as hell to play a ps3 game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Broseph Brostar posted:

I am really glad I didn't pick up xenoblade chronicles before the date for this was announced. I am hyped as hell to play a ps3 game

Well, I did pick up Xenoblade, so Yakuza is gonna have to wait till Christmas or something.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Dunban posted:

Well, I did pick up Xenoblade, so Xenoblade is gonna have to take a break till Christmas or something.

Same here.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

man nurse posted:

I still can't believe this. Look how far we've come. From lamenting that we'd never get Yakuza 3. It's astounding and heartwarming how much momentum the fanbase has given this franchise in the west. Every time, I'm blown away that we're getting one of the games. Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, Dead Souls, each time less likely than the last. And now we have a one two punch of not only Yakuza 5, but fucken Zero.

What an agonizing yet incredibly satisfying journey these Yakuza threads have been. We fuckin did it, guys.

I feel blessed. I got on the Yakuza train long after 4 dropped and didn't realize how precarious things were until long after Dead Souls dropped.

Yakuza 5's been locked, cocked, and ready to rock on my PS3 since 10:30 AM local. Once I get closer to 9 PM I'll jack the PS into my sound system and it'll be Sapporos and BURNING SPIRIT all night.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Until a couple days ago, I was skeptical that Yakuza 5 would be coming out here at all, let alone this year. And now I'm currently downloading it to my PS3. Awesome. And Yakuza 0 coming out too is of course the icing on the cake.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Had to delete so much to get it on, but it's there now and it's not like I'll ever need that space for anything else in the future.

Now I just need it to be the 8th in Americaland and I'll finally have some sweet Yakuza goodness.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
It's been a while since I bought anything sony much less played anything so it was a nice surprise to see that I had $20 unused in my wallet to buy Yak5.

I'll probably leave gamestop with a new PS4 and an used PS3. Supporting niche games = good marketing strategy

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Is it a hassle getting a US psn account if this is going to take months more to get over to the eu?

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Making a US PSN account is easy. The hard part is payment since the regional stores will not accept foreign credit cards.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Zettace posted:

Making a US PSN account is easy. The hard part is payment

If you're willing to pay a slight premium, just grab US points cards from PlayAsia or whatever international retailer of choice. It's all pretty easy to do.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

Zettace posted:

Making a US PSN account is easy. The hard part is payment since the regional stores will not accept foreign credit cards.

You can buy PSN cards on Amazon (you need to set your account to a US address, and they might ban you for that, so do it at your own risk), I used to do that but now that I'm in the US I just use my credit card.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Can't you get US PlayStation cash cards from amazon to avoid the playasia markup?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

so much for the launch discount on EU PSN

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Japanese Phone Box posted:

You can buy PSN cards on Amazon (you need to set your account to a US address, and they might ban you for that, so do it at your own risk), I used to do that but now that I'm in the US I just use my credit card.

I've done it dozens of times over the past like 3-4 years, they don't ban you for it

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Yeah I've been buying straight up digital codes http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RMK4BC with a Dingleberry Avenue address in Alaska no problem.

e: the US address needs to be the shipping address, not your actual address

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Dec 8, 2015

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

It tends to depend on your bank - mine is particularly twitchy and has outright denied transactions if the address isn't a spotless match.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Wait, what? Yakuza 5 isn't being released in Europe after all?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Can I download my cloud save off PSN and continue playing on another PS3 or are we not there yet in gaming future land?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Dunban posted:

Wait, what? Yakuza 5 isn't being released in Europe after all?

It's out and released, just without any sort of pre-order rebate.

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI

MrLonghair posted:

Well gently caress the discount I need Yakuza 5 in that PS3 as fast as possible.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
ITS TIME :getin:

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Yeeeeeeessssss

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I made a save. It begins.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
i'm watching manly soap opera cutscenes while buttrock plays. Everything is beautiful and nothing hurts.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Welp I guess I won't be finishing Fallout 4, Syndicate, or playing much Battlefront for quite a while.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Sorry Xenoblade, you've just been bumped.

It's like some Sophie's choice poo poo.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

MrLonghair posted:

:shrug:

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

An hour in. I like Kiryu's boss, a lot. This is Very Good so far.

Well, seeya

EDIT: I won a Panzer Dragon figure from the UFO Catcher. GOTY.

MykonosFan fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Dec 8, 2015

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
It feels good to be clowning thugs as Kiryu in a brand new game.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
So, is everything is good with the game so far? Nothing bad aside from the huge download?

There are 2 listings for it in the EU store. Here is the one with the game for purchase, and still no EU discount.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It now has a separate listing for the actual digital version. Unfortunately £33 is a bit much at the moment when I don't even have a working PS3 anymore.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I love this game and I love Taiko.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Took a break from beating up punks and won a Hatsune Miku figure and played some Virtua Fighter 2. Game owns.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Yechezkel posted:

So, is everything is good with the game so far? Nothing bad aside from the huge download?

There are 2 listings for it in the EU store. Here is the one with the game for purchase, and still no EU discount.

Sakurazuka posted:

It now has a separate listing for the actual digital version. Unfortunately £33 is a bit much at the moment when I don't even have a working PS3 anymore.

I'm glad SCEE continue their legacy of idiocy. Cheers. And yeah, ouch, $60AUD. Maybe a little after Christmas.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

PunkBoy posted:

Took a break from beating up punks and won a Hatsune Miku figure and played some Virtua Fighter 2. Game owns.

Amazing. Is there a way to play 2 player VF2 by any chance?

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

So I spent a few minutes flicking through manga (actual chapters!) and looking at magazine covers at the convenience store. As per usual the attention to detail in these games are immaculate.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

moller posted:

Amazing. Is there a way to play 2 player VF2 by any chance?

From what I've read, you can hook up your fight stick and take VF2 online within Y5.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Resurrected my PS3 thru black magic. I don't mind waiting on the download for Yakuza 5 because I am downloading Yakuza 5.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
yo are there any good yakuza 1-4 recaps? like nice and quick ones? the ones in the games are hella long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

cat doter posted:

yo are there any good yakuza 1-4 recaps? like nice and quick ones? the ones in the games are hella long

There was unrest between and within factions and families. Tokyo Tower blew up. You had to fight majima but it was a misunderstanding.

• Locked thread