Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

theres no way he doesnt realize how grating his laugh is therefore it must be real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
You can't fake that bad of a laugh.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The earwolf newsletter just teased Horatio news coming tomorrow. Hopefully it's a podcast for driving directions in the LA area.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Eltoasto posted:

The earwolf newsletter just teased Horatio news coming tomorrow. Hopefully it's a podcast for driving directions in the LA area.

His driving directions would be perfect for the next Public Domain with Paul F Tompkins. (It is NOT a local LA podcast though)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

He's said something on Twitter a couple of times about a podcast called Hooray Show coming soon

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Good title.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Great title.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
OK title.

Edit: I'm a couple of episodes behind but I could listen to the guys from Nerd Poker talk about TV and movies from the 70's and 80's forever. Maybe I'm just old and get Love, American Style references.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 25, 2014

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

The Ape of Naples posted:

I'm a couple of episodes behind but I could listen to the guys from Nerd Poker talk about TV and movies from the 70's and 80's forever. Maybe I'm just old and get Love, American Style references.

It would seriously be a much better podcast if they just completely dropped the facade of it being a Dungeons and Dragons game.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Help Im Alive posted:

He's said something on Twitter a couple of times about a podcast called Hooray Show coming soon

Haven't listened to it yet, but it's up on the website now, under the Earwolf Presents section.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

This is insane. I'm 4 minutes in and there have already been 3 segments.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Fiendly posted:

It would seriously be a much better podcast if they just completely dropped the facade of it being a Dungeons and Dragons game.

The D&D really picks up with Jerry is there. Mainly because he commits to it harder than anyone else.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I would listen to a podcast where Horatio talks to former SNL castmembers about gossipy poo poo. Especially since Horatio admitted he was Belushi'ing it up during his time there.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
3 minutes into the new Affirmation Nation and I'm already laughing like the rear end in a top hat that I am. I love this, and all of you, too!

Edit: Holy poo poo. I could listen to this forever.

Punch Card fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Nov 26, 2014

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Can't understand why no one listens to Hollywood Handbook. It is the best show! Is everyone doing a bit by not listening? I don't get it.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I feel like with the last few episodes, The Canon is getting better now. The conversation about Jerry Maguire is actually pretty interesting and it's a more nuanced look at if the movie ultimately succeeds in the cynicism like Amy thinks, or if it's just a case of Cameron Crowe aping Billy Wilder but not being able to pull it off like Devin thinks. I actually like the movie, but I have no idea where I'd place it. I kinda of wish I could see the movie that Amy sees though.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

jyrka posted:

Can't understand why no one listens to Hollywood Handbook. It is the best show! Is everyone doing a bit by not listening? I don't get it.
Their anti-comedy riff this week: *stereotypical italian chef 3-finger kiss*

Hooray Show was spectacular in tiny bits, has a bunch of potential, but Chris Kattan is a loving weirdo/lecherous dude.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

ManoliIsFat posted:

Hooray Show was spectacular in tiny bits, has a bunch of potential, but Chris Kattan is a loving weirdo/lecherous dude.

So's Horatio, he's not likeable to boot.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
I'm looking forward to a Kattan-less episode of Hooray Show, for sure.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Someone made a properly edited version of Public Domain. It somehow still clocks in at 37 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t87MAd_aAkM

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Punch Card posted:

3 minutes into the new Affirmation Nation and I'm already laughing like the rear end in a top hat that I am. I love this, and all of you, too!

Edit: Holy poo poo. I could listen to this forever.

Same. Jason plays so well off Seth as Bob it's great. I'm glad that it seems like they're going to include at least one segment of them together in each episode going forward.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

So's Horatio, he's not likeable to boot.

In what world is Chris Kattan likeable? Or am I misunderstanding your point?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Yeah it was a badly phrased post. I meant to say that they're both weird sex dudes but Horatio is a likable.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Oh, alright. Yeah, I can see that.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I don't really care if someone likes to smoke drugs or be a big perv all day but Cris Kattan is a historic megafucker that nobody likes haha.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I don't really care if someone likes to smoke drugs or be a big perv all day but Cris Kattan is a historic megafucker that nobody likes haha.

Pretty much, as said Horatio is kinda a perv himself but he gets a pass because he's a fairly charming guy, you can be a big druggy pervert all you want if you have just some basic social skills and can act like a normal human being. Kattan is not that, at all.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I could not handle the Hooray Show. Probably just Kattan, I'll give it another shot, but it just felt slapped together.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

mennoknight posted:

I could not handle the Hooray Show. Probably just Kattan, I'll give it another shot, but it just felt slapped together.

I enjoyed it but it felt disjointed and the editing probably only enhanced Kattan's creepiness. I'll definitely give it another go with a different guest.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
I think the fact that we generally found it tolerable to good despite Chris Kattan being a person who is still alive and making noises on this podcast is a good sign for what we'll think of future episodes.

This could just be me being mislead by my overly positive default attitude though.

I can't imagine an episode where the guests are like Ben Schwartz and whomever else being bad, and I assume all the cool kids will be happy to do this podcast.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Remember to do your Amazon shopping through this link: http://www.amazon.com/?tag=earwolf-20

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

WHAT UP WHAT UP

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Greg Proops on I Was There Too talking about Phantom Menace. this has got to be amazing, right?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

DrVenkman posted:

I feel like with the last few episodes, The Canon is getting better now. The conversation about Jerry Maguire is actually pretty interesting and it's a more nuanced look at if the movie ultimately succeeds in the cynicism like Amy thinks, or if it's just a case of Cameron Crowe aping Billy Wilder but not being able to pull it off like Devin thinks. I actually like the movie, but I have no idea where I'd place it. I kinda of wish I could see the movie that Amy sees though.

I really liked the episode and it made me go to the backlog. I agree with Devin's reading of it although I think he's way too hard on it, but I really wish it backed up Amy's reading because that sounded like a way better movie.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I enjoyed Chris Kattan's super creepy stories; he definitely comes across poorly, but I found his stories hilarious in a terrible way.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

GobiasIndustries posted:

I enjoyed Chris Kattan's super creepy stories; he definitely comes across poorly, but I found his stories hilarious in a terrible way.
The image of him and zoe deschanel breaking up on september 11th will haunt me for years.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

ManoliIsFat posted:

The image of him and zoe deschanel breaking up on september 11th will haunt me for years.

i, personally, will "never forget" it

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Listened to a few episodes of Happy Sad Confused and I have a bunch more downloaded, but... Does it ever get to be more than just thirty minutes to an hour of rear end kissing? There are some pretty impressive names on that guest list and it seems to me that at least some of them might have something more interesting to talk about than the fact that their latest project is a life-altering masterpiece. The eps I've listened to so far I just kind of zoned out after a while.

I also listened to the first two episodes of Crybabies. Seemed like it would be a good fit to me, considering I got kind of a catch in my throat while I was at Hallmark picking out Christmas cards yesterday. (I went with ones with Santa and snowmen on them.) Ep 2 was pretty alright, but boy was that Christopher Guest interview in ep 1 ever uncomfortable. He could not have sounded any more like somebody who was trying to be polite but would really have preferred to be anywhere else on Earth. It didn't really surprise me; I've gotten the impression over the years that that's just kind of his personality. I love the hell out of his movies, though.

Speaking of crying, I cried my eyes out listening to the first ep of Reading Aloud. Going to have to remember to never listen to that one when other people are around.

Maltin on Movies is great. I also enjoyed I Was There Too. I have kind of a long commute to work, so I'm glad to have more podcasts to add to the rotation. :)

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

mennoknight posted:

I feel like "just slapped together" is Horatio Sanz's aesthetic.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Greg Proops on I Was There Too talking about Phantom Menace. this has got to be amazing, right?
It's pretty much everything one could want from Proops talking about filming Star Wars, including a story by his driver about young Harrison Ford bringing a saucepan full of weed smoke down in the morning because he forgot to buy papers. Easily the best episode so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Only a half hour in but today's Two Charted is a great jumping point for anyone who's never listened. Howard doing battle with the Ralph's self-checkout robot, Howard's sudden demise as an Ebay power user, and the return of his early 90s headshot: