Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Powershift posted:

A fuel tanker exploded in montreal, get read for $1.10 gas again. Those 30,000 liters are sure to send ripples through the market all the way to the west coast.
Prophetic motherfucker.

I was in Medicine Hat yesterday and today and it went from .92 to 1.04 in the course of 1 day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

slidebite posted:

Prophetic motherfucker.

I was in Medicine Hat yesterday and today and it went from .92 to 1.04 in the course of 1 day.

A gas jockey stubbing his toe in halifax causes a cent a liter jump in victoria.

it's like the butterfly effect, only clearly predictable based on greed and collusion.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
The prices just never came down in Ontario. It's like an alternate universe where the oil crisis never happened

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

It's a wonder astrophysics isn't studying gas prices for evidence of the existence of alternate dimensions.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

At the bare minimum you could now at least make an argument that building refineries would help offset any recession due to oil.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Do any of you guys have a smallish utility trailer for sale?

I'm looking for something to build a pig/lamb spitroaster onto.

Would prefer steel because it's easier to weld on, but aluminium would be fine too.

Definitely would like one that already has a vin and is road legal.

$1k budget at most.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

YYC dumps their old sign trailers at michener allen, and they only go for a couple hundred and are sometimes CVIPed. their next industrial sale isn't until september and it's not guaranteed there will be any there though.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Buy this and drake's 22"
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cargo-utility-trailer/lethbridge/utility-trailer-4-x-8/1188757400?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Speaking of Drake's rolling probable cause. How long until someone tries to buy drugs off him while driving it and two, why has he not posted pictures yet?

DrakeriderCa, do you need me to come over and help you detail it like your Forester prior to its glamour shoot?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I asked my neighbour who has an Avalanche if they want to trade their ugly OEM wheels for sweet chromie 22s but they weren't interested and also don't speak English, it turns out.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Slung Blade posted:

Do any of you guys have a smallish utility trailer for sale?

I'm looking for something to build a pig/lamb spitroaster onto.

Would prefer steel because it's easier to weld on, but aluminium would be fine too.

Definitely would like one that already has a vin and is road legal.

$1k budget at most.

I have a utility trailer I built myself. I need to register it and get a vin stamped on it. It measures 80" by 120" on the cargo platform and the last 16" are dovetail.

It's heavy duty enough for my 1200lb side by side but light enough to move by hand.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

McTinkerson posted:

Speaking of Drake's rolling probable cause. How long until someone tries to buy drugs off him while driving it and two, why has he not posted pictures yet?

DrakeriderCa, do you need me to come over and help you detail it like your Forester prior to its glamour shoot?

I can't believe it hasn't happened yet either. This thing is seriously a coke wagon. I'm surprised I haven't found a hidden compartment in it yet. Pictures incoming. Haha, no I think detailing is kind of pointless when there's visible rust. v:smith:v

In good news, I bought rims! They're just the normal LTZ rims. 5 spoke 20" polished aluminum, but tires are easy to find and they're solid.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I asked my neighbour who has an Avalanche if they want to trade their ugly OEM wheels for sweet chromie 22s but they weren't interested and also don't speak English, it turns out.

poo poo. "Not speaking English" might actually have put them in my target market.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Anyone have a line on a 3.5 Ecoboost? A friend of mine is looking at doing a new project.

Sent you a text Powershift, but I assume I am on ignore :(

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Naw, my phone's hosed up.

I have parts of one!

When i was looking for one, i got quotes from SGI in saskatchewan at around $4500 with 80,000 miles. SGI insures everybody in saskatchewan and runs their own scrap yards, so prices are based on how many they have province wide. For that lincoln, it was cheaper for me to rent a car and drive to saskatchewan to pick up a bumper than it was to buy one from a local scrap yard.

Be warned though, you do need a bunch of the canbus stuff for the immobilizer to let you start the engine or the ~$1200 ECU kit from ford.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

DrakeriderCa posted:

I can't believe it hasn't happened yet either. This thing is seriously a coke wagon. I'm surprised I haven't found a hidden compartment in it yet. Pictures incoming. Haha, no I think detailing is kind of pointless when there's visible rust. v:smith:v
You pull the door cards yet?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Powerzhift what would be the best way of getting a ram/fiat ecodiesel out of a ram 1500 ? I want one for my ram HD for when the hemi finally gives up. (It's at 175k km now which is about the lifespan of a typical dodge product).

Trying to think how much messing around I would have to do to make it work. I know the cummins has all its harnessing and ecu on the engine itself and it just hooks up to the factory harness. According to forums anyways.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

jonathan posted:

Powerzhift what would be the best way of getting a ram/fiat ecodiesel out of a ram 1500 ? I want one for my ram HD for when the hemi finally gives up. (It's at 175k km now which is about the lifespan of a typical dodge product).

Trying to think how much messing around I would have to do to make it work. I know the cummins has all its harnessing and ecu on the engine itself and it just hooks up to the factory harness. According to forums anyways.

LKQ has a bunch from a train derailment. They already had one out sitting in the showroom for $9500 the last time i was in the one in ponoka.

The guy said they came in, they had to slash the tires and a bunch of other stuff to gaurantee they wouldn't be sold.

To be honest though, the 3.0 is barely enough for a half ton. Cummins should be selling the 5.0 crate though, and in a ram 2500 the truck would probably still weigh less than a titan XD

Powershift fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 12, 2016

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Powershift posted:

LKQ has a bunch from a train derailment. They already had one out sitting in the showroom for $9500 the last time i was in the one in ponoka.

The guy said they came in, they had to slash the tires and a bunch of other stuff to gaurantee they wouldn't be sold.

To be honest though, the 3.0 is barely enough for a half ton. Cummins should be selling the 5.0 crate though, and in a ram 2500 the truck would probably still weigh less than a titan XD

Entire truck for 9500 ? That's not bad. My max tow rating is only 8800lbs which is less than the 1/2 ton rating. More interested in the 19mpg while towing. I averaged 8mpg driving like an old lady. 130L tank and my best range was 465km.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

No, just the engine.

When the fuel pump on a 3.0 eats itself it's a $11,000 repair. This poo poo ain't cheap. You won't get 19mpg towing either, it'll be better but not 19mpg. TFL's towing tests, the ford 2.7 did 4mpg while comfortable doing 60, could have accelerated from there, the 3.0 ecodiesel couldn't do more than 55mph even though it got 8mpg up the hill. regular towing it can get up to 16mpg, but you'd probably have to re-gear for that which probably wouldn't be worth it in the long run.

The 5.9/6speed with 3.55 gears i had would do 14mpg no matter what. City/empty highway/loaded highway. I could beat it down to 4 or babby it up to 20, but driving like a normal person, it was always 14.

If you really want to gently caress with heads, put a black mamba 6.0 powerstroke in er.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah I just read some reports of valve train slippage. Hrmm maybe a pre emissions 5.9 is the best answer with a fuel economy tune on it. Just hard to know what's needed with the canbus systems.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yeah, almost all modern diesels share the same bosch CP4.2, in the ecodiesel it's driven off the exhaust cam, possibly too quickly, and has one of 3 failure modes. 1. the pump chews itself up internally and sends aluminum powder through your entire fuel system, 2. the pump seizes and breaks the gear off the end of the cam, or 3 the pump seizes and stops the exhaust cam. None of those sound fun.

At least with a big cummins if it needs injectors you get 100hp, if it needs a fuel pump you get 100hp. if it needs a turbo you get 100hp. You're not just burning money to get back level.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Powershift posted:

Naw, my phone's hosed up.

I have parts of one!

When i was looking for one, i got quotes from SGI in saskatchewan at around $4500 with 80,000 miles. SGI insures everybody in saskatchewan and runs their own scrap yards, so prices are based on how many they have province wide. For that lincoln, it was cheaper for me to rent a car and drive to saskatchewan to pick up a bumper than it was to buy one from a local scrap yard.

Be warned though, you do need a bunch of the canbus stuff for the immobilizer to let you start the engine or the ~$1200 ECU kit from ford.

That is good to know - thanks.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Anyone interested in a loaded 01 boxster 6spd with 60k? Friends dad just bought a new Shelby 350 and is going to looking to get rid of it. Really nice shape from what I've seen. Not so keen on the burgandy-ish color though.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

slidebite posted:

Anyone interested in a loaded 01 boxster 6spd with 60k? Friends dad just bought a new Shelby 350 and is going to looking to get rid of it. Really nice shape from what I've seen. Not so keen on the burgandy-ish color though.

well well look who's the porch pusher now

P.S. goddamit I want a porch. I went to grove cruise again this year but there was basically nothing for Eurodominance. I guess owning a porch means you feel superior all the time and don't need to park it beside a 1954 Cadillac Continental Fleetmaster Deluxe to feel good about yourself.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

You should buy me out of my half of SCH and start professionally trolling the classic car show circuit.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

McTinkerson posted:

You should buy me out of my half of SCH and start professionally trolling the classic car show circuit.

"It's bespoke."

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

yeah dude, custom

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

I need professional help, I can't stop thinking of importing a late 90's V8 TVR Cerbera from the UK. This was before I knew that had alum block flat plane crank V8's. Nice ones seem to be going for 25k CDN. I keep telling myself it would be cheaper than building a mk4 FFR Cobra.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

McTinkerson posted:

I need professional help, I can't stop thinking of importing a late 90's V8 TVR Cerbera from the UK. This was before I knew that had alum block flat plane crank V8's. Nice ones seem to be going for 25k CDN. I keep telling myself it would be cheaper than building a mk4 FFR Cobra.

I was dreaming about this for years. The V8s are trash and like to eat themselves, but they are awesome up to that point. The chassis's also like to rust the gently caress out, but they're relatively easy to replace if you have a lift.

When i was looking they were 8-9k GBP, now decent ones are 20-30k gbp. brexit has made them a little cheaper though.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

McTinkerson posted:

Speaking as a professional, do it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yeah, absolutely do it. It's a unique supercar for mustang money.

420hp in 2400lbs, that's like an LS3 elise. 600lbs lighter than a 997 GT3 RS with the same horsepower.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 19, 2016

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The sagaris is one of my favourite street cars if all time. Us it possible to import those yet ?

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Not until 2020 with the first ones being a 2005 model year. Start saving up, since they're also nowhere near as affordable second hand. Most I've seen are $75k+.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Let's all import Sagarises and lose our hearing in style! :buddy:

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

MrChips posted:

Let's all import Sagarises and lose our hearing in style! :buddy:

Sweet Chili Heat is for sale - it will also let you lose your hearing!

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

McTinkerson posted:

And your innocence.

Maybe your sense of outage too.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Somebody buy the Fiat 124 at the Barlow Pick n Pull and remove this temptation from my life.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

McTinkerson posted:

If I had the space to keep it, I would already own SCH... :sigh:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Just posting to say if you didn't watch the hip concert you missed out :canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

slidebite posted:

Just posting to say if you didn't watch the hip concert you missed out :canada:

Yep. What a show. Wish I was in Kingston right now. Fuckin eh, boys. Fuckin eh.