Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
"Kulttuurinen hyväksikäyttö" is just as bullshit as "jumalanpilkka". Your cultures are worth poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

SKDL inarguably were a political force that couldn't be ignored for decades.
Well they most certainly couldn't be ignored, and I didn't or wouldn't claim such. Anyway, SDP just happened to win pretty much all the battles for the position of the leading workers' party since the 1966 election. The existence of SKDL was nonetheless far from being meaningless, and that's why they were in so many governments in the 70s.

vuohi fucked around with this message at 11:53 on May 11, 2016

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

SnowblindFatal posted:

"Kulttuurinen hyväksikäyttö" is just as bullshit as "jumalanpilkka". Your cultures are worth poo poo!

kukkahattu on kukkahattu riippumatta siitä onko hatussa punainen ruusu vai ruiskaunokki

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Then we have the artist herself...

Yle posted:

Jenni Hiltunen sanoo, että Grind on ymmärretty väärin, sillä se on fiktiivinen teos eikä siinä ole kyse saamelaiskulttuurista.

– Arvostan tosi paljon saamelaiskulttuuria ja minä korostan, että tässä ei ole kyse siitä. Se on ikävää, että he ovat nyt loukkaantuneet, Hiltunen sanoo.

[...]

Taiteilija Jenni Hiltunen ei halua alkaa selittää vuonna 2011 tehtyä taideteostaan sen tarkemmin.

– Minä toivon, että tämä keskustelu ei menisi henkilökohtaiseksi, kun kyse on sellaisesta ilmiöstä, mitä minä olen yrittänyt tuoda esille. Ja huomioita tästä meidän maailmasta, joka on vinksahtanut. Se on fiktiivinen teos, joka esittää tätä asiaa. Keksitty. Se ei ole mikään dokumentti, Hiltunen sanoo.

I don't get it. :confused:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Rexroom posted:

Then we have the artist herself...

I don't get it. :confused:

Ei se mikään fiktiivinen teos ole. Tietääköhän ko. taiteilija mitä fiktio tarkoittaa?

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Hogge Wild posted:

Ei se mikään fiktiivinen teos ole. Tietääköhän ko. taiteilija mitä fiktio tarkoittaa?

Onpas. Eihän fiktiokirjallisuuskaan ole sellaista, jossa kirjaa ei ole olemassa.

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004
Ehdotan että joku nyky taiteilia tekisi lappalaisentappovideon, kun aihe näyttää nyt olevan tapetilla.

Surma-aseeksi ehdotan kuuden tunnin valvomatonta oleskelua jonkin rovaniemeläisen Alkon varastossa.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

vuohi posted:

Ehdotan että joku nyky taiteilia tekisi lappalaisentappovideon, kun aihe näyttää nyt olevan tapetilla.

Surma-aseeksi ehdotan kuuden tunnin valvomatonta oleskelua jonkin rovaniemeläisen Alkon varastossa.

Nunnuka nunnuka.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
It's both a dumb piece of art and a dumb reaction

So like every controversial piece of art ever

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
ylläripylläri: http://www.hs.fi/kaupunki/a1463019211204

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Fucken lol

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
It's a good thing Finland doesn't have corruption, otherwise that might look bad!

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

Darkest Auer posted:

It's a good thing Finland doesn't have corruption, otherwise that might look bad!

I'm waiting for the day we find out Finland paid off Transparency International.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Every place has stuff like that, but in most other places you can also bribe cops or need to pay off your teacher to get good grades. The anti-corruption score makes sense really. Finns are too taciturn and suhna to leverage civil servant positions into big buxx.

doverhog fucked around with this message at 06:57 on May 13, 2016

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

doverhog posted:

Every place has stuff like that, but in most other places you can also bribe cops or need to pay off your teacher to get good grades. The anti-corruption score makes sense really. Finns are too taciturn and suhna to leverage civil servant positions into big buxx.

So poor and middle class civil servants get hosed over while rich and powerful civil servants get all the corruption and shady deals they want :mad:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Ilta-syöpä on taas kerran asian ytimessä :psyduck:

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
But Greenlanders are filthy pigs

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Rappaport posted:

Huh? I always thought it's the birds that are the invaders. Otherwise why are they launching themselves against the castles of the pigs? Isn't the whole point of the game that the birds are angry speciesist assholes who can't take the fact that the pigs are rich and industrious and live in the castles while they live in nests and slingshots? I haven't played the game much but I never thought you were supposed to sympathize with the angry destructive suicide bombers.

EDIT: I swear there was this one bird who dropped eggs that blew up when they hit the ground. If you're strapping your unborn children with explosives to use them against the heathen swine I don't think you got much leg to stand on when someone wants to eat them at least that way somebody wins

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 12:03 on May 13, 2016

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
I don't think IS originally was behind that particular furor but...

We're at this point :stonklol:

I sure hope all hermans and allans and kempers are proud today with their glorious fight.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Rappaport posted:

toi on yksi hauskimpia aveja

mutta eikös se ollut alunperin imppien

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I still don't understand why a game development company decided go all in on a movie, instead of, you know, making more games. It's not like dumb birds are a particularly compelling premise for a movie either.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

doverhog posted:

I still don't understand why a game development company decided go all in on a movie, instead of, you know, making more games. It's not like dumb birds are a particularly compelling premise for a movie either.

You may not have noticed, but their game sales aren't doing so well...

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Geriatric Pirate posted:

You may not have noticed, but their game sales aren't doing so well...

yeah, they made one good game and have been coasting on it

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

doverhog posted:

To be fair to them it's not like you need a compelling premise for a movie either these days to make big bucks, just something people atavistically recognize from before. Even easier with lovely kids movies. Basically has to be Foodfight! level cat poo poo for you not to at least break even.Though then again this movie did some loving way cost $80 million to make. Still they will probably recoup like half that on opening weekend alone from kids dragging their parents to see it.

Hogge Wild posted:

The story of most success stories that get out of Finland. That, or foreigners will buy it.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 12:21 on May 13, 2016

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Hogge Wild posted:

toi on yksi hauskimpia aveja

mutta eikös se ollut alunperin imppien

Joku sekopää osti satunnaisille UsPol-säikeen postaajille tämän

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
I was almost hired by Rovio in 2014, lucked out not landing the job it appears.

(I actually directed the movie)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Hogge Wild posted:

Why oh why didn't Kari Mannerla think of making a movie about Afrikas Stjärna? :sigh:

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

DarkCrawler posted:

Huh? I always thought it's the birds that are the invaders. Otherwise why are they launching themselves against the castles of the pigs? Isn't the whole point of the game that the birds are angry speciesist assholes who can't take the fact that the pigs are rich and industrious and live in the castles while they live in nests and slingshots? I haven't played the game much but I never thought you were supposed to sympathize with the angry destructive suicide bombers.

EDIT: I swear there was this one bird who dropped eggs that blew up when they hit the ground. If you're strapping your unborn children with explosives to use them against the heathen swine I don't think you got much leg to stand on when someone wants to eat them at least that way somebody wins

The pigs stole the eggs of the birds. That's their motivation for smacking face first into concrete pillars.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Nenonen posted:

Why oh why didn't Kari Mannerla think of making a movie about Afrikas Stjärna? :sigh:

yeah, they've made a movie out of laivanupotus already

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Hogge Wild posted:

yeah, they've made a movie out of laivanupotus already

Also Clue(do). It was the weirdest whodunnit film ever, there were three endings and the three versions were randomly distributed to theaters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA4pqNylhc8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dy_33gAlJs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpU_JngJ1EI

Pro Tip: watch all three endings simultaneously

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

DarkCrawler posted:

To be fair to them it's not like you need a compelling premise for a movie either these days to make big bucks, just something people atavistically recognize from before. Even easier with lovely kids movies. Basically has to be Foodfight! level cat poo poo for you not to at least break even. Though then again this movie did some loving way cost $80 million to make. Still they will probably recoup like half that on opening weekend alone from kids dragging their parents to see it.

Animation can be very labor intensive to create, and sometimes they're tweaking the script in the middle of the process, so some parts need to be redone. I'm sure there's a poo poo load of people mentioned in the end credits.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Angry Birds: The Movie simply has the misfortune of arriving at the worst possible time. By the time they finished the script, there was no immigration crisis or Soldiers of Odin patrolling the streets. It would be nice if art lived in a vacuumed space, but art cannot escape from being compared to reality. So of course people are going to comment how much the plot reminds them of Eurabia conspiracy theories.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 13, 2016

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

DarkCrawler posted:

To be fair to them it's not like you need a compelling premise for a movie either these days to make big bucks, just something people atavistically recognize from before. Even easier with lovely kids movies. Basically has to be Foodfight! level cat poo poo for you not to at least break even.Though then again this movie did some loving way cost $80 million to make. Still they will probably recoup like half that on opening weekend alone from kids dragging their parents to see it.

The story of most success stories that get out of Finland. That, or foreigners will buy it.

the marketing was about double the production costs

iirc they have to make 400M$ to break even, because leffateatterit get some too

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Reposting because it's perfect

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Reality isn't even a parody of itself any more, it's way more than that.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Darkest Auer posted:

Reality isn't even a parody of itself any more, it's way more than that.

odotas vähän aikaa, kohta jenkki/brittimediat alkaa ulisemaan tästä asiasta

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Herman Merman posted:

Reposting because it's perfect

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
It's funny rexroom's think it all makes sense.

Like, come on, the bushy eyebrows remind of what? That's right, hitler's moustache. And who would want to visage hitler's stache? The nazis! So what doea that make Angry Bird? Fascist propaganda!!!1

These are the same people who either ridicule jewish conspiracy or eurabia or whatever.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hogge Wild posted:

the marketing was about double the production costs

iirc they have to make 400M$ to break even, because leffateatterit get some too

LMAO well drat they better milk this "controversy" for all it's worth then, maybe immigration critics will take their kids to watch it in support (the chick-fil-a strategy) That's way too much faith put on how many kids still give a poo poo about angry birds

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 17:21 on May 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
kukas teistä anarkomarkoista oli heiluttelemassa katanaa: http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-2000001179678.html