Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
http://plays.tv/video/56e1a556a2bac8eacc

http://plays.tv/video/56e1a7c1cf97daf1c2

Here's what I have so far, my bookmarks got erased but I think there are like 4 more to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

kingcobweb posted:

I like buying dark seal as Janna a lot! When you back with 350 gold early it gives you a lot of laning power. Building it into Mejais was a mistake tho

When you back with 350g with two deaths in eight minutes, you should probably buy boots instead

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

slydingdoor posted:

http://plays.tv/video/56e1a556a2bac8eacc

http://plays.tv/video/56e1a7c1cf97daf1c2

Here's what I have so far, my bookmarks got erased but I think there are like 4 more to come.

lmao I just kept going oh noooooo, oh noooooo at the second one

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Nautilus is freelo as long as you can land your Q. Just build super tanky and you'll be able to peel and tank for days. Once I made a Draven ragequit just by hooking him.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

NTT posted:

Please do not hate on my friend lime Gatorade

It's refreshing

I'm not hating on it, I've been drinking it all morning to deal with the positive life choices that lead to a Thursday morning workday hangover. That was purely speaking a literal response to what the most likely color of my vomit would be after seeing kingcobweb's item build, and his follow up justification is giving me heartburn and I can feel it rising up again.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

kingcobweb posted:

I like buying dark seal as Janna a lot! When you back with 350 gold early it gives you a lot of laning power. Building it into Mejais was a mistake tho

Two pink wards was bc I had it down in really effective locations for 10-20 minutes at a time (I think??)

Zzrot was super effective this game and might have won it for us. I build it on Janna often in games where people ignore pushing to fight often

Edit: that being said I've never died that much as Janna EVER and I belong in bronze 69 for that game but so does everyone else

Instead of belonging in bronze 69 i just think you shouldn't be allowed to ever spam mastery emote on Janna again

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

I'm not hating on it, I've been drinking it all morning to deal with the positive life choices that lead to a Thursday morning workday hangover. That was purely speaking a literal response to what the most likely color of my vomit would be after seeing kingcobweb's item build, and his follow up justification is giving me heartburn and I can feel it rising up again.

"My KDA / items that get me gold / we won anyway"

edit: For the record I am only seven minutes in to this but my favorite moment so far was casting Janna W on a minion instead of Morgana, then getting hit by dark binding and hitting that mastery emote.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 10, 2016

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Sexpansion posted:

lol, ranked is so bad right now, what is going on?

Man I dunno but it's infuriating. I'm at a literal 14% win rate right now and while I definitely made mistakes and probably caused at least a couple of those losses, the majority of them were either straight 4v5s or we had someone (almost always botlane) feed 12+ kills to the other botlane and the jungler before the 25 min mark. I can usually win lane reasonably, like 3/1 or 4/1 or something, but it doesn't matter when the 14/1/0 Platinum Jinx who was laning against two silver Vs comes screaming across the map and racks up a pentakill.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
If you don't spam your mastery emote every time you gently caress up I don't think you understand the point of mastery

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

For some reason 2!! keeps popping up over Mordekaiser in this replay. Is there a literal visual on screen indicator for his Q or something?

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

I try to make sure to flash mastery over my corpse every time if I die by being really dumb or getting caught out

Being able to use the mastery emote while dead is my favorite part of that feature

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

For some reason 2!! keeps popping up over Mordekaiser in this replay. Is there a literal visual on screen indicator for his Q or something?

Yes

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I understand why you flash mastery, but KCW loves it more than anyone I know and it would be a far more cruel punishment then setting his elo to 0 would.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

henkman posted:

If you don't spam your mastery emote every time you gently caress up I don't think you understand the point of mastery

what is the mastery emote

is this a brilliant new way to make people super mad?

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Sperglord Firecock posted:

what is the mastery emote

is this a brilliant new way to make people super mad?

Is this a troll or not

or are you seriously telling me you've never spammed ctrl+5 (ctrl+6 is for bitches) in lane to intimidate opponents?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
My emotes are bound to the number pad for easier spamming

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

from what I've heard it was put in while they were debugging his remake and they've been too lazy to take it out

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
also if you don't bind them to joke, taunt, laugh, recall and all summoner spells, you're a noob

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

AHH FUGH posted:

Is this a troll or not

or are you seriously telling me you've never spammed ctrl+5 (ctrl+6 is for bitches) in lane to intimidate opponents?

I've honestly never done that. I can see how it would lead to errors though since you have to stretch your left hand diagonally and skip over all of your actually useful keys to execute the maneuver.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

Libertine posted:

I've honestly never done that. I can see how it would lead to errors though since you have to stretch your left hand diagonally and skip over all of your actually useful keys to execute the maneuver.

Just rebind it. My laugh is bound to middle mouse button and mastery is bound to one of my thumb buttons.

A one touch salt button.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

rabidsquid posted:

Yeah it is. It's really lovely, especially after they kept nerfing him.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

AHH FUGH posted:

Is this a troll or not

I HAVE NEVER KNOWN THIS

HOLY poo poo

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Challenger 1 level keybinds btw

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Emote binds see z x c v for laugh, joke, taunt, and dance and mastery is bound to h

Get on my binds level

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Luna Was Here posted:

Emote binds see z x c v for laugh, joke, taunt, and dance and mastery is bound to h

Get on my binds level

i'd bind it to one of my mouse buttons

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
All right these are the other 3 I am partial to. If they're worth a buck each, donate that $5 to charity.

http://plays.tv/video/56e1b33136cd349d2f
http://plays.tv/s/Ki5vDCBHQWhv
http://plays.tv/video/56e1b987c004308fd7

The best one is between the second one though, tower diving morg, or the graves chase.

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 10, 2016

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
Nice call, and if he does the charity thing based on your clips, I think as a 'prize' you should be the one picking the charity.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Did anybody in that game make any attempt to get out of the way of Morg Q

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Aerox posted:

Man I dunno but it's infuriating. I'm at a literal 14% win rate right now and while I definitely made mistakes and probably caused at least a couple of those losses, the majority of them were either straight 4v5s or we had someone (almost always botlane) feed 12+ kills to the other botlane and the jungler before the 25 min mark. I can usually win lane reasonably, like 3/1 or 4/1 or something, but it doesn't matter when the 14/1/0 Platinum Jinx who was laning against two silver Vs comes screaming across the map and racks up a pentakill.

I've noticed a lot of out of control bot lanes at like the 12 - 15 minute point in this meta. I wonder if it has to do with the way bot lane is played right now or if it's just random chance.

e: also laugh belongs on ~ key mastery emote is on Z. They have to be easily accessible at all times.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

it was like that in s5 too, bottom lane is just a feed fest

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

lmfao

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Sexpansion posted:

I've noticed a lot of out of control bot lanes at like the 12 - 15 minute point in this meta. I wonder if it has to do with the way bot lane is played right now or if it's just random chance.

e: also laugh belongs on ~ key mastery emote is on Z. They have to be easily accessible at all times.

I think it's a combination of the natural snowball nature of the lane, (as in a won fight bot gets the adc 600 gold and a farm/XP advantage) and better build paths. When everyone wanted IE, and bf sword cost 1550, sometimes a single kill bot would mean only a pickaxe. Now that same gold can be a warhammer/dirk + a long sword which is a huge power advantage

E: also gaming mice have two buttons on the side for joke/taunt. Laugh is meant for space bar

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Primetime posted:

E: also gaming mice have two buttons on the side for joke/taunt. Laugh is meant for space bar

Space bar is to center your view on your champion. I literally use it all the time, I would be lost without it.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Y toggles center camera. Spacebar is where your bork/ghostblade/spooky ghosts active goes

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
I bind spacebar to "target only champions." I never use it, but when I eventually start playing enough to remember what all four skills do on my main champion, I hope to start.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Oh god I forgot about when I tried to tower dive morgana ahahahaha Jesus

Elo hell is internal

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I use space for target camera lock toggle and I use mouse thumb button for target only champs

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Only one day of 6.5 ranked stats, but still, Kog is looking at a precipitous drop:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hard to believe that nerfing the champ to a point that's worse than before they buffed him, would cause him to lose so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Who could ever have foreseen that completely and utterly dumpstering a champion would make them suck?

• Locked thread