Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pig guts

i like your acid bath title thing symbolic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic

pig guts posted:

When the Kite String Pops is a phenomenal album

shinmai

CHK Instruction

HighwireAct posted:

that bee dude seems to be lingering too

really grateful for his skirt steak recipe

Yes, can't wait to try it this weekend :)

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete

pig guts posted:

symbolic posted:

When the Kite String Pops is a phenomenal album

oh my god it's been so long since i listened to acid bath that i didn't catch it :(

Ostentatious

i am craving a cola flavored slurpee right about now

symbolic

DraconicImpulse posted:

oh my god it's been so long since i listened to acid bath that i didn't catch it :(
you need to remedy that.

Acid Bath's label is weird and takes down nearly every video with their music on YouTube, but WTKSP is available in full on Daily Motion, so there you go.

pig guts

your name makes me wanna listen to Death every time i see it but spiritual healing rather than symbolic

Ostentatious

I went to a 7/11 near me to get my slurp on and there is an old man in front of me buying a gallon of while milk and a playboy

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

Ostentatious posted:

there is an old man in front of me buying a gallon of while milk and a playboy

you need strong bones if you're gonna bone strong

pig guts

HighwireAct posted:

hahaha

Ostentatious

HighwireAct posted:

drat man...that's a good idea

clone on the phone

I'm moving house on the weekend and the net is already turned on at the new place which is great but they turned it off here at my old place which is not so great. Oh well at least I can still phone post.

shinmai

CHK Instruction
It's Towel Day, friends. Don't forget your towels!

pig guts

what makes today towel day?

Scaly Haylie

i believe it's douglas adams related.

Matoi Ryuko

Lizard Wizard posted:

i believe it's douglas adams related.

Every day is towel day, in that case!

Matoi Ryuko

I've got me towel with me right now! :towel:

shinmai

CHK Instruction

pig guts posted:

what makes today towel day?

May 25th was just an agreed-on date by the Douglas Adams fandom to remember him and his work by carrying a towel, a reference to his most well-known book The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, where the titular guide states that a towel is the single most useful thing an intergalactic hitchhiker can carry.

quote:

A towel, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value. You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapors; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a miniraft down the slow heavy River Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (such a mind-boggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.

More info about towel day and events happening today can be found on the official website

Matoi Ryuko

Even if you're not traversing the universe, a towel is a good thing to have with you at all times.

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Even if you're not traversing the universe, a towel is a good thing to have with you at all times.

Sent from my towel

pig guts

highwire, play this game with me

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

we're all traversing the universe

Piso Mojado

shinmai posted:

It's Towel Day, friends. Don't forget your towels!

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
drat

I forgot to bring a towel to work

shinmai

CHK Instruction
Last Christmas I sewed my dad a messenger bag out of a towel and cross stitched "Don't Panic" in big, friendly letters on the flap.

I have a little (about the size of an A5 sheet) Moomin towel with a picture of Stinky that I hang from a belt hook.

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

pig guts posted:

highwire, play this game with me

welp i fell asleep before I saw this :(

i'm done with finals after today though so I should have a lot more time to play these next couple weeks!

eonwe

oh no, I didn't know about the towel, if I had I would have definitely brought one

what if I need it today :ohdear:

symbolic

pig guts posted:

your name makes me wanna listen to Death every time i see it but spiritual healing rather than symbolic
Symbolic isn't even my favorite Death album anymore. now it's Sound of Perseverance. i'm fraudulent. :(

bare bottom pancakes

i'm more into Individual Thought Patterns and Human, which sucks because spotify no longer has ITP.

what y'all think of Morbid Angel, horrible travestyIllud Divinum Insanus aside?

alnilam

DraconicImpulse posted:

i'm more into Individual Thought Patterns and Human, which sucks because spotify no longer has ITP.

what y'all think of Morbid Angel, horrible travestyIllud Divinum Insanus aside?

Not much, what's y'all think of Morbid Angel, horrible travestyIllud Divinum Insanus aside with you?

symbolic

i listened to Altars of Madness years ago and i thought it was good

that's the extent of my opinion on Morbid Angel

bare bottom pancakes

alnilam posted:

Not much, what's y'all think of Morbid Angel, horrible travestyIllud Divinum Insanus aside with you?

gently caress i just walked into that one :cripes:

symbolic posted:

i listened to Altars of Madness years ago and i thought it was good

that's the extent of my opinion on Morbid Angel

you should give Covenant and Gateways to Annihilation a listen. those albums got me into death metal.

Jolyne Cujoh

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
I have 0 knowledge of metal (or most music really) and this whole conversation looks like y'all're just trying to one-up each other with made up metal names

Matoi Ryuko

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

I have 0 knowledge of metal (or most music really) and this whole conversation looks like y'all're just trying to one-up each other with made up metal names

Metalblender Heckface Ultra Smash is one of my favorite bands!! MHUS!!!!

bare bottom pancakes

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

y'all're just trying to one-up each other with metal names
this is exactly how metal fandom works

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
what do you guys think of the new coldplay album?

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
slept like a baby from 8:30am to 10:40am. progress made. Thank you: pig guts, treasure bear, Piso Mojado and Eonwe for you support, it means a lot to me. I want to give each of you av certs but I'm currently unemployed. I promise I won't forget.

Luvcow posted:

what do you guys think of the new coldplay album?

I didn't even know they were still together. wow... I have some catching up to do.

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 25, 2016

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Yobgoblin posted:

slept like a baby from 8:30am to 10:40am. progress made. Thank you: pig guts, treasure bear, Piso Mojado and Eonwe for you support, it means a lot to me. I want to give each of you av certs but I'm currently unemployed. I promise I won't forget.

I didn't even know they were still together. wow... I have some catching up to do.

i was joking but yes they are still together, they did the super bowl halftime show this year. I really only liked parachutes and a rush of blood to the head.

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat
anyone listen to the new Radiohead album? I've really been digging it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

HighwireAct posted:

anyone listen to the new Radiohead album? I've really been digging it

only little bits, that is an album i will be buying at some point

:( yes i still buy and enjoy CDs and their cover art