Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Whoever designed the crocodile wolves has a master understanding of human fear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Is it before or after the gargoyle

Before, that's a completely different area.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Oh I just realized I have the key, I just don't know how to get to the front of the cell. Plus there's like three other doors I can't unlock. I think there's an entire part of the dungeon I have no idea how to access

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Oh I just realized I have the key, I just don't know how to get to the front of the cell. Plus there's like three other doors I can't unlock. I think there's an entire part of the dungeon I have no idea how to access

If you're trying to get sieg, you don't need a key to get into his cell

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

:pwn:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Oh I just realized I have the key, I just don't know how to get to the front of the cell.
it's kind of stupid to be honest

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
If you find a new and horrible abomination you're on the right track

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Is Siegward even trapped in there or is he just taking a breather what the hell's the deal

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

is there an illusory wall or somewhere I need to drop down from.. halp

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

is there an illusory wall or somewhere I need to drop down from.. halp

It's a loving open doorway you just jump into it from a rooftop... But you gotta find the rooftop. I'll give you a hint: visions of shithell ahead

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Next hint: check around for all of the great things that Laddersmith Gilligan has left behind

Do you think that laddersmith Gilligan was wasted by the denizens of the profaned capital or do you think he fulfilled his duty (placing ladders all over the place) and just peaced the gently caress out?

I'll wait for Vaati's twenty five minute video for the verdict

Boomstick Quaid fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 24, 2016

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

*thinking to self* Ladders?

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

*thinking to self* Ladders?

It's not so much where the ladders are, but rather where the ladders aren't...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Is it that big rear end broken wall in the giant's room?

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Is it that big rear end broken wall in the giant's room?

The secret is the room full of ladders, where Gilligan is, take the path out that isn't a ladder

It turns out the profaned capital is where anor londo toilets go

Boomstick Quaid fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 24, 2016

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I haven't met Gilligan nor his ladders 🤔

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

I haven't met Gilligan nor his ladders 🤔

Um, did you get the stretch out emote by the bonfire

I have bad news for you...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Yea

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Well there's a path out from the bonfire area you haven't taken yet. I guess go back and check where you got the stretch out emote, it didn't pop out of thin air

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Don't tell me my favorite dark souls character, Laddersmith Gilligan, is dead...

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

can you put your high upgrade weapons in the box and not have them count?

this never got answered

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Don't tell me my favorite dark souls character, Laddersmith Gilligan, is dead...

hes at an awesome spot lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

The insanely hosed up FROM developers have gone too far.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Gilligan was very smart because the gargoyles can't climb ladders and can't fly for poo poo, once he got up high he just had to wait them out...

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Anyone notice that the dogs in Irithyll aren't actually dogs? Thank you for your time

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i noticed there was one irithyll dog that was frosty and dealt cold damage and i hated that guy

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The son of a bitch knew how to build a drat ladder.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

i noticed there was one irithyll dog that was frosty and dealt cold damage and i hated that guy

Yeah he sucked but you know dogs don't usually have human skulls for faces

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

He was a laddersmith, not a carpenter. If you asked him to build a bridge he'd just cock an eyebrow and shake his head

As far as I'm concerned he was contracted out to build every drat ladder in the game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O47wvvEG50

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

his ladders looked like death traps. they looked like when you get stranded on a desert island and you have to escape on a raft you built out of coconut bark and drift wood

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

his ladders looked like death traps. they looked like when you get stranded on a desert island and you have to escape on a raft you built

Actually the only the precarious ladder in the game is the one that's actually a bridge. The rest are sturdy enough to deliver a baby on

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

his ladders looked like death traps. they looked like when you get stranded on a desert island and you have to escape on a raft you built out of coconut bark and drift wood

They may not look pretty but they'll get you where you need to go (up or down).

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

He finally fixed the problem with the ladders where the person climbing would just fall off. He fixed this with inscriptions on each rung that read "Don't let go of the ladder."

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

i laughed my rear end off cos the big sewer ladder costs approximately 1 million souls but looks like he stole twigs from sparkly the crows nest to make it with

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

i laughed my rear end off cos the big sewer ladder costs approximately 1 million souls but looks like he stole twigs from sparkly the crows nest to make it with

Hey, a guy's gotta make a profit

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

He's a laddersmith damnit, not a lumberjack! What do you expect him to chop down a tree with a ladder?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

If you want pretty ladders you can go find a different Laddersmith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
was his joke about only selling ladder miniatures a reference to pachinko in Japan, where you can't legally gamble, so you win "statues" that some guy in the next room will buy from you because he's a "statue collector"?

anyway, optional boss spoiler king of storms is a entertaining, and then nameless king seems pretty hard. i've only gotten NK down to about 3/4 of his lifebar, but i think it will be a fun fight. i just wish it wasn't so easy to completely whiff on hitting the bird dragon.

• Locked thread