Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Karchev or Darius being unable to being large numbers of jacks outside of theme lists is a terrible idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
All they have to do is take away boosted attack rolls from his feat and I think it'll put the mad dog spam away. Removes a poo poo ton of focus efficiency and makes it really hard for them to deal with high def models with their mat5. You'll at least see fewer dogs in exchange for some higher mat jacks or mat fixing tech (greylords, etc)

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

So your solution is to take away half of his feat?

I know it happened to Haley2 in Mk2, but I don't think Karchev is at that level.

Not to mention the problem isn't his feat, it's his feat in concert with 15 Mad Dogs.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

This is really tough to read with this guy spewing memes and other reddit spergin poo poo. Calling them mad doges isn't funny or clever hnnnnghghth fuuuuckckck pissssss

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Floppychop posted:

So your solution is to take away half of his feat?

I know it happened to Haley2 in Mk2, but I don't think Karchev is at that level.

Not to mention the problem isn't his feat, it's his feat in concert with 15 Mad Dogs.

Eh magical weapons and boosted damage rolls is still really good on a dude who speeds up khador jacks by 3" and has 30 warjack points.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Jimmy Hats posted:

Eh magical weapons and boosted damage rolls is still really good on a dude who speeds up khador jacks by 3" and has 30 warjack points.

*speeds up one jack by 3 inches every time another model kills an enemy

Also boosted damage rolls means that if you charge you've basically wasted that part of the feat.

Road to War is generally not very good with a mad dog spam list. I like it if running a normal karchev list where there's ranged attacks to trigger it for the jacks. But in mad dog spam, most of the jacks aren't going to get to use it unless there's a ton of convenient small infantry to trample, and if you have road to war on then you're not using counter charge.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Nov 9, 2016

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Khisanth Magus posted:

I'm not sure why you'd reach for MHSF instead of Invictors in MK3. Similar damage output against warjacks, higher damage output against non-warjacks, but invictors have a much longer threat range and a good accuracy fixer in rerolling misses on CRAs(who hasn't rolled snakeyes on a huge CRA against a critical model). If you go second put deadeye and/or shatterstorm on the Invictors, mini feat, assault and shred any non-stealth single wound infantry the enemy has.

Stealth infantry is very hard to deal with, currently. Most of the other premier shooting units will just fold to MHSF (like WGRC or Invictors, for example) but will fight Invictors pretty well.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

chutche2 posted:

*speeds up one jack by 3 inches every time another model kills an enemy

Also boosted damage rolls means that if you charge you've basically wasted that part of the feat.

Killing an enemy is really easy in a faction that gets 4 rat 7 auto damagers for 8 points.

Also that part of the feat IS wasted, if you ignore the other 1-4 attacks that warjack is making.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Karchevs feat is fine in conjunction with the usual mix of khador jacks with 2-3 initials, and you're usually looking at 8-10 there unless you're forgoing support. 14 jacks makes it a bunch much, especially if you factoring trampling over an expensive small base unit.

The article is good, you should read it.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
497 hit boxes, at a minimum ARM 18 is the problem. Or, at least, the biggest problem. That's an absurd number, with an absurd damage threshold. Weaponmaster spam can't counter that, other heavy hitters can't counter that, it's a ridiculous figure that needs to be altered. And it's not just Karchev. Perhaps he's the worst offender, but is it much better with Butcher and Full Throttle for free boosted charges and better damage options? Or how about B3 Energizer to make it faster? Harkevich to get them +3 ARM for the turn it counts? Sorscha2 for double damage feat and Boundless Charge? poo poo is bonkers. Bargain price Heavies should not exist at that price.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Jimmy Hats posted:

Killing an enemy is really easy in a faction that gets 4 rat 7 auto damagers for 8 points.

Also that part of the feat IS wasted, if you ignore the other 1-4 attacks that warjack is making.

I'm talking about a mad dogs list. Is karchev somehow allocating 3 to every one of his mad dogs? And what khador jack has 3 initials so it can get 5 attacks on a charge with karchev?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

chutche2 posted:

I'm talking about a mad dogs list. Is karchev somehow allocating 3 to every one of his mad dogs? And what khador jack has 3 initials so it can get 5 attacks on a charge with karchev?

Ragers

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

susan posted:

497 hit boxes, at a minimum ARM 18 is the problem. Or, at least, the biggest problem. That's an absurd number, with an absurd damage threshold. Weaponmaster spam can't counter that, other heavy hitters can't counter that, it's a ridiculous figure that needs to be altered. And it's not just Karchev. Perhaps he's the worst offender, but is it much better with Butcher and Full Throttle for free boosted charges and better damage options? Or how about B3 Energizer to make it faster? Harkevich to get them +3 ARM for the turn it counts? Sorscha2 for double damage feat and Boundless Charge? poo poo is bonkers. Bargain price Heavies should not exist at that price.

You're right. Khador players should bring their light jacks instead.

Oh wait.

comrade corcus
Apr 23, 2013

susan posted:

So, what light jacks should Khador use then? The mad dog is a little bonkers yes, but at the same time its a turd on its own. Khador has always been the turd polishing faction. Karchev just manages to polish 14 turds at once. Want a limiter on Karchev? Give his feat a target number, d3+3 just like eVlad

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Jimmy Hats posted:

This is really tough to read with this guy spewing memes and other reddit spergin poo poo. Calling them mad doges isn't funny or clever hnnnnghghth fuuuuckckck pissssss

It's worth fighting through all that though as he makes some solid points.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

what the hell is with all this khador light jack :salt:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

comrade corcus posted:

So, what light jacks should Khador use then? The mad dog is a little bonkers yes, but at the same time its a turd on its own. Khador has always been the turd polishing faction. Karchev just manages to polish 14 turds at once. Want a limiter on Karchev? Give his feat a target number, d3+3 just like eVlad

I like this idea but I dunno how much it matters compared to the number of jacks actually getting stuck in on his feat turn anyway

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
All of the suggestions so far either make Karchev a terrible caster outside of a mad dog list, or make the mad dog a terrible jack that no caster will ever take. The karchev changes suggested so far would make him significantly worse than mk2 karchev, who was already considered a gimmick caster taken for non-competitive games.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Losing boosted hit rolls would literally only affect mad dog spam. Real khador jacks have mat7, and pay points for it. Mad dogs don't pay points for mat which is why they are cheap.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Jimmy Hats posted:

Losing boosted hit rolls would literally only affect mad dog spam. Real khador jacks have mat7, and pay points for it. Mad dogs don't pay points for mat which is why they are cheap.

Or berserkers, or spriggans, or devastators, or demolishers.

And mat 7 isn't auto hit. You're still boosting to hit warpwolves and stuff.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

chutche2 posted:

Or berserkers, or spriggans, or devastators, or demolishers.

And mat 7 isn't auto hit. You're still boosting to hit warpwolves and stuff.

Nobody uses spriggans, they use berserkers on jack marshalls which can fix mat, and devastators and demolishers are used for power attacks which you spend the focus to boost to hit on always anyways.

The difference is that mat 7 hits def 14 on 2 dice something like 56% of the time, whereas mat 5 doing the same is something like 28%.

Karchev would be a perfectly servicable caster with a slight change to him to take the steam out of cheap jack spam. It would just mean that he couldn't drop his mad dog list into literally everything, there would be occasional bad match ups against high defense armies.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Jimmy Hats posted:

Nobody uses spriggans, they use berserkers on jack marshalls which can fix mat, and devastators and demolishers are used for power attacks which you spend the focus to boost to hit on always anyways.

The difference is that mat 7 hits def 14 on 2 dice something like 56% of the time, whereas mat 5 doing the same is something like 28%.

Karchev would be a perfectly servicable caster with a slight change to him to take the steam out of cheap jack spam. It would just mean that he couldn't drop his mad dog list into literally everything, there would be occasional bad match ups against high defense armies.

jack marshals aren't that prevalent

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Jimmy Hats posted:

Can you cite your source on berserkers only being used on jack marshalls? Khador has one jack marshal, and he's very rarely taken with a jack. Also I hope you have a way to give the berserker free charges, because if you're using the +2 mat ability you're not using crush or the charge ability.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
(Berserkers don't get used)

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Jimmy Hats posted:

(Berserkers don't get used)

Berserkers were in two lists at WTC. One a Karchev list, and one a Sorscha1 list.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Oh you're right a guy on the 28th place team used 2 of them in his second list and another guy on the 50th place team used 1 of them in his second list

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Jimmy Hats posted:

Oh you're right a guy on the 28th place team used 2 of them in his second list and another guy on the 50th place team used 1 of them in his second list

Yeah, so they didn't win. So what? The players at the WTC represent some of the top players in the world. Some of them are going to end up losing. That doesn't make them poo poo players.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Guess I won't be going to WMW ever. I wonder if we will still get models here in Canada....

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Gee, wonder why this thread is so dead today. :iiam:

PP released the ADR casters for 2017 today.

http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-11-9-2016

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What does Garryth like to be run with?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Looking to trade.

Have: Minions and Convergence
Want: A loaded gun so I can kill myself and leave this world.

Serious inquiries only.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
My mohsar/tanith pairing lookin p swag right now

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

rydiafan posted:

Looking to trade.

Serious inquiries only.

As long as your are a middle class+ healthy straight white male you will probably be fine for the next 4 years if you just turn off your ability to care about your fellow man.

Butt Beholder
Jun 24, 2006

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

waah posted:

Gee, wonder why this thread is so dead today. :iiam:

PP released the ADR casters for 2017 today.

http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-11-9-2016

WIthout some Errata changes the cryx ADR is awfullllll.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

For anyone who knew who she was, apparently Kim Wilborn passed away yesterday. I'm not sure what the cause was.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

S.J. posted:

For anyone who knew who she was, apparently Kim Wilborn passed away yesterday. I'm not sure what the cause was.

I'm not trying to be dumb, but was this person important in the WMH community? Google search showed up with nothing.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

rydiafan posted:

Looking to trade.

Serious inquiries only.

Dude, you need to keep making the best podcast ever. It might be one of the few things for people to really enjoy in a four year pile of poo poo.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

rkajdi posted:

I'm not trying to be dumb, but was this person important in the WMH community? Google search showed up with nothing.

She was a PG in Kansas City. Organized events, went to others like WMW.

I just saw her last Friday when she was overseeing the line. She mentioned she recognized me, and looked so psyched about her bag of swag :(

S.J.
May 19, 2008

For anyone interested in donating to her memorial

http://www.t-shirtexplosion.com/apps/donations/

She was a PG that helped out with a ton of stuff all over the place. I always loved talking to her when I saw her. This sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

S.J. posted:

Aw gently caress :(