Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It doesn't do the finger twirl so it's garbage and shames its origins. gently caress you Bungie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

lmao at this guy from planet destiny using trespasser in crucible and getting poo poo on (his commentary acknowledges the gun sucks dick in PVP too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gkzFfKDw6I&t=167s

Lmao do they have anyone better to review guns in PvP than a 1.09 k/d dude

I think it could be decent, just need to see someone good play with it

E: OK it's not the player mans account, dudes decent at pvp, but he's running around trying to use it as a primary and saying it sucks because of that

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

deadwing posted:

E: OK it's not the player mans account, dudes decent at pvp, but he's running around trying to use it as a primary and saying it sucks because of that

It would be more surprising if a sidearm didn't suck.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
I'll bet Moist Turtleneck would own with it.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

deadwing posted:

Dude I'm trying as hard as I can but the games are sweaty as gently caress right now

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/WnzScrE.gifv

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

deadwing posted:

It sucks because it's a sidearm

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Has anyone played around with the Fabian Strategy post-patch? It reads like it could be fun for PvE.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

OdinsBeard posted:

Why wouldn't you be able to snipe GG?

I can, I should have separated those thoughts.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

poor life choice posted:

Has anyone played around with the Fabian Strategy post-patch? It reads like it could be fun for PvE.

No, but Fabian has always been garbage outside shotgun range. Range and stability are okay, but the base ROF makes it useless.

So basically the free ammo means it is now a Zhalo that requires you to be within a few feet of whatever you're shooting and doesn't give you any chain lightning effects.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

No, but Fabian has always been garbage outside shotgun range. Range and stability are okay, but the base ROF makes it useless.

So basically the free ammo means it is now a Zhalo that requires you to be within a few feet of whatever you're shooting and doesn't give you any chain lightning effects.

Plus the post sight on Hakke ARs is loving awful

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

Yea but the middle tier ARs are deec right now and it got a huge range and stability buff. Gun is gonna be a pve monster and I'm actually reserving pvp judgment on it.

New meta is Monte Carlo claws stormshottylock

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Seriously though trespasser looks like it could be pretty decent if you're good

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/eSN668B

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Also the post sight is fine, I was demolishing fools in rumble with a post sighted CB Arminius before people figured out that gun was good.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

deadwing posted:

Seriously though trespasser looks like it could be pretty decent if you're good

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/eSN668B

Disagree...every one of those dudes would have been dead earlier if he was a decent shotgunner.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Also the post sight is fine, I was demolishing fools in rumble with a post sighted CB Arminius before people figured out that gun was good.

post sight bad. all those dudes would have been dead faster if you could see what you're shooting at better

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I can, I should have separated those thoughts.

I fully understand where you're coming from-- this nerf didn't make a lot of sense. Sniping someone out of a super isn't easy and most of the time it happens it's because the guy with the super made a mistake. People that pop a roaming super in the open, or run around corners at head level deserve to have their day ruined.

I can only think that they're planning on adding high impact legendary snipers in RoI and they wanted some more separation of roles.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

OdinsBeard posted:

I can only think that they're planning on adding high impact legendary snipers in RoI and they wanted some more separation of roles.

I'm 99% sure they are and that's fine. I still want to whine about it.

Also, tripmines activate on owner's death. What the gently caress, Bungie? Gunslinger has never ever been top tier for Hunters. Why the gently caress are they continually getting hammered?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
It's the year 2680 and an iron circle at the end of the barrel is still a thing for aiming

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Tei posted:

So SIVA is called "Earth-Servitor" by the fallen? interesting.

The House of Devils must think we are the biggest weirdos by locking our Servitors away.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
speaking of aiming and being bad at videogames, I never played with sidearms enough to figure out the reticle. If you ADS do you want your target's head to just be sitting on top of the barrel of the gun?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Disagree...every one of those dudes would have been dead earlier if he was a decent shotgunner.

Hell, he probably could have pulled that off with a good fusion rifle.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yea but the middle tier ARs are deec right now and it got a huge range and stability buff. Gun is gonna be a pve monster and I'm actually reserving pvp judgment on it.

New meta is Monte Carlo claws stormshottylock

Yeah I have been using it post patch on my titan without the perks unlocked, the buffs definitely made it worth using in pve. It is basically a god rolled zarinea d with unlimited ammo provided you are killing poo poo, in pve at least.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

quote:

Firefly
Possible fix for crash related to special effects triggered by the Firefly perk

I knew this was still a thing but people decided to trust Bungie the first two times when they "fixed" this

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Is it just me or is there a ton of film grain now in the game and menues?

Also I love the new login music. Has a real uncharted vibe to it.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
yes

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Who the hell's even got time to pay attention to the sights on their gun, I'm too busy scanning downfield for fools to shoot at.

Put the dot in the middle of my screen over their body and pull trigger.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

Who the hell's even got time to pay attention to the sights on their gun, I'm too busy scanning downfield for fools to shoot at.

Put the dot in the middle of my screen over their body and pull trigger.

Lol if you think this for real, sights are maybe the most important perks

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Ularg posted:

Is it just me or is there a ton of film grain now in the game and menues?

Also I love the new login music. Has a real uncharted vibe to it.

I always knew you were Zaphod.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Number Ten Cocks posted:

I always knew you were Zaphod.

Oh, sorry, were we hating on Destiny too?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Ularg posted:

Oh, sorry, were we hating on Destiny too?

Destiny is almost as bad as my posting

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Looks like new exotics don't need a shard if you infuse them with another exotic

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/51xglm/infusing_an_exotic_in_to_an_exotic_requires_no/

Also per Planet Destiny: The grainy effect appears to be an unintended bug; Bungie is "currently investigating"

Since like half the people playing say they can't see the grain, I assume Bungie turned the filter on by accident and no one there noticed. (There are going to be image filters you can buy from Eververse)

Roman fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Sep 9, 2016

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

poor life choice posted:

I pulled one out of the iPad and leveled it, it felt ok. The ammo return doesn't outpace the ammo consumption of the gun even if you're shredding crowds and it still doesn't consistently do damage in PvE to maintain kills against small targets. The gimmick where it turns into a bullet hose is just kind of annoying in PvE and doesn't help you very much because it means you waste even more ammo. I actually ran out of ammo with the thing several times, which never happens with other autos in PvE for me. It might be pulling ammo from reserve, not the ether.

Overall, stick with Zhalo. It's cute but not really amazing. Can't vouch for anything in PvP but I doubt it's any better.

When I get on again this afternoon I plan to test out NTTE.

Edit: I'll clarify, Fabian feels way better, the stability and range are very noticeable, Linear Comp is pleasant now, before I found it kicked around too much. It's unique perk buff just doesn't really work for it. If they got rid of the variable fire rate gimmick or made it more predictable, like focused fire, and bumped the magazine up to 50 it would probably be a lot better.

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Sep 9, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol if you think this for real, sights are maybe the most important perks

I'm talking about the actual graphical display of the sights.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

I'm talking about the actual graphical display of the sights.

I know

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Good Sights Matter

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

http://destinyscopes.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I genuinely couldn't describe from memory any of the sights on any of the guns I use, that's how little I pay attention to them.

The only one that stands out is the sight with the lens cap poking straight up but I couldn't tell you what gun it's on.

• Locked thread