Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

The upcoming Mechanicus game basically looks like 40k XCOM.

Counter-point: it's just Mechanicus vs. Necrons. I want to be a Space Marine and blast some heretics. I want lovingly crafter animations of bolters exploding cultist ribcages. \

I also want to customize the gently caress out of my pixelmans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

There's almost certainly going to be DLC. In 2018 there's always DLC.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
An inquisitor game seems like it would be perfect for that format. It would lend itself well to customization of your dudes, you could conceivably fight every type of enemy, and you could bring in Space Marines at a certain point in the game. It's such low hanging fruit that I don't understand why nobody has gone for it after the success of XCOM.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Indolent Bastard posted:

Get ready for (if they ever release it) a new edition of GM that uses those same old rear end rules.

In the meantime get Gretchinz! it's fun and definitely embraces the orky ethos of daka, crashing, and going fast.

This looks delightful!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Arven posted:

An inquisitor game seems like it would be perfect for that format. It would lend itself well to customization of your dudes, you could conceivably fight every type of enemy, and you could bring in Space Marines at a certain point in the game. It's such low hanging fruit that I don't understand why nobody has gone for it after the success of XCOM.

Isn't that what Inquisitor - Martyr is/is supposed to be?

E: NM, I thought this was more of a squad shooter.

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jun 1, 2018

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

Isn't that what Inquisitor - Martyr is/is supposed to be?

Huh. I think I thought this one was that Inquisitor third person shooter.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Arven posted:

Huh. I think I thought this one was that Inquisitor third person shooter.

Yeah, whoops.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Inquisitor: Martyr is a Diablo-like.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

moths posted:

There's almost certainly going to be DLC. In 2018 there's always DLC.

dow3

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
New Cawdor and they look loving rad as hell.

I'm digging that insane RPG crossbow.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Timing Cawdor and Genestealer cults together is going to ruin me.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Safety Factor posted:

New Custodes models looking good.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

glitchkrieg posted:

New Custodes models looking good.
I already made that joke in the 40k thread. :colbert:

You're not expected to read that thread in any way

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
:10bux: those spears are homemade Custode spears in the fluff, dirty rat bois wanna be just like the Banana Brigade :allears:

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Safety Factor posted:

I already made that joke in the 40k thread. :colbert:

You're not expected to read that thread in any way

I read the thread enough to know the joke, but not enough to keep on top of all the unread posts :v:

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Those are brilliant. Adding that Friar Tuck-like cowl is a great move.

Having them wield junk-cosplay versions of Astartes/fancy Imperium soldier weapons is pretty cool, too.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

This missing shoe is driving me nuts though.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Safety Factor posted:

:krad:

The bowl cut haircuts are terrible but 100% appropriate and its a good look for cawdor

SteelMentor posted:

dirty rat bois

40k skaven when?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Safety Factor posted:

Wouldn't it be a CPG then?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Gotta unclog those pipes somehow.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Ashcans posted:

This missing shoe is driving me nuts though.

It's not missing - the dude to the right has it. Juves only rate one motherfucking shoe - it's in GW4.

In the grim darkness of the 41st Millennium, there are neither left or right shoes, only straights.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Between them being the sewage engineer/poo poo farmers and GW being :britain: I'm legit surprised the champions don't have wellingtons.

40kshoechat!

E: I guess they sort of might? Are there better pictures of the CPG and Candle-axe guy's feet?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
they remind me of the villagers from Bloodborne a bit

which is cool and good

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i cant wait until it's socially acceptable to wear a tabard irl

or whatever that lower middle flap thing is called

pubis panel

JcDent
May 13, 2013

The shoulder candles give me pause, but the real crime is painting them blue.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Nothing wrong with blue Cawdor

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I like the new Cawdor, though the staff guns are an odd choice and I think GW went a bit far on the scavenged equipment & rags look, makes em look kinda like Skavvies.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

It looks like they were aiming for 40k Flagellants, more or less, although really that is more what the Redeemers were about. I think that it would be less telling with a different paintjob, if you made the wraps look more like some kind of crazy purity seal trappings than just literal rags.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the redeemers recruit primarily from house cawdor iirc

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Redeemers are basically the guys who were too crazy for Cawdor.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

40k skaven when?

There were Ratskins in old Necromunda. Are those coming back? My brother's 6 man gang used to terrorize our Necromunda group back in the day.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

GoodBee posted:

There were Ratskins in old Necromunda. Are those coming back? My brother's 6 man gang used to terrorize our Necromunda group back in the day.

Ratskins are cool but I want literal rat skaven.

As far as factions coming back, I think its just a question of how well necromunda keeps selling. They could keep it going forever and bring everything back or they could stop after Cawdor.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

they could stop after Cawdor.

No because Delaque. I’ve been waiting for skinny white bald boi self-insertion minis since the start of this release, don’t deny me now.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

glitchkrieg posted:

skinny white bald boi self-insertion

txt me.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Delaque were my guys back in old Necromunda days, so I'm excited to see what they look like now. That old Cawdor box really brings me back- I remember that great battle report in WD 203 that convinced child me that this game was something I had to convince all my friends to chip in to buy.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Ashcans posted:

It looks like they were aiming for 40k Flagellants, more or less, although really that is more what the Redeemers were about.

Those billhooks are straight-up brettonian man-at-arms weapons. These guys are the revised frateris militia models that nobody expected.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
what books do i need for necromunda? specifically van saar? the rulebook situation is pretty confusing.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

what books do i need for necromunda? specifically van saar? the rulebook situation is pretty confusing.
Use this

Some nerd somewhere has been compiling all of the books into one document. It's still not laid out fantastically, but it is all collected which is a bonus and it incorporates the FAQs so far. I definitely recommend downloading it. That said, Van Saar are in Gang War 3 if you still want their book. It's supposed to be pretty good with a bunch of new scenarios, updated house gear lists, etc. I don't have my copy yet though, it's in the mail. GW1 has the rules needed for 3D games along with all of the campaign rules, Goliaths, and Escher. GW2 has the Orlocks, extra rules for weird terrain, and the rules for hangers-on and mercenaries. There's not much else there.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

JcDent posted:

Counter-point: it's just Mechanicus vs. Necrons. I want to be a Space Marine and blast some heretics. I want lovingly crafter animations of bolters exploding cultist ribcages. \

I also want to customize the gently caress out of my pixelmans.

Go play Space Marine or Dawn of War.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Just ordered a Escher Weapon pack. Feels good. I really hope they keep making these.