Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

I Nazi Boobies. Makes sense

https://www.reddit.com/r/IncelTears/comments/6wraz7/incel_compares_women_to_nazis_and_incels_to_jews/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

cant you just accept the tattoo and let me sign up on jdate

i mean come on

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I got in trouble for reading It in my sixth grade class. I also ended up putting the book down permanently without ever getting to the child orgy part because of the weird tangent where It killed and ate a gay man. That loving book sucked.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

rodbeard posted:

I got in trouble for reading It in my sixth grade class. I also ended up putting the book down permanently without ever getting to the child orgy part because of the weird tangent where It killed and ate a gay man. That loving book sucked.

nah it was actually good, you're just a weenie

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

rodbeard posted:

IT killing and eating a gay dude is literally in the first couple of chapters.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

rodbeard posted:

This is some sub-level scrub poo poo right here

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

PCOS Bill posted:

What if they had run a train on the clown

Isn't that how you were bred?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nuebot posted:

IT killing and eating a gay dude is literally in the first couple of chapters.

I think he means the part that happens right after the time skip.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

RatHat posted:

I think he means the part that happens right after the time skip.
That's the first few chapters. The chapters generally alternate between the 50s and 80s. That's why the kiddie train choo choos into the station at the end of the novel. I may be remembering that wrong, but I don't recall any other gay people getting killed... Unless you count Patrick sociopath kid but his homosexual acts are pretty secondary to why a person would remember him.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh right. It's been a long time since I read It, I forgot it wasn't told linearly.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

mind the walrus posted:

That's the first few chapters. The chapters generally alternate between the 50s and 80s. That's why the kiddie train choo choos into the station at the end of the novel. I may be remembering that wrong, but I don't recall any other gay people getting killed... Unless you count Patrick sociopath kid but his homosexual acts are pretty secondary to why a person would remember him.

It's the first chapter of the book. The gay kid gets picked on by teenagers in the 80's and it goes too far as he's pushed off the bridge and lands in the water and then gets killed by Pennywise. Then we jump into Georgie's death.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CelticPredator posted:

It's the first chapter of the book. The gay kid gets picked on by teenagers in the 80's and it goes too far as he's pushed off the bridge and lands in the water and then gets killed by Pennywise. Then we jump into Georgie's death.

Reverse that. Georgie, then Adrian. (just re-read the book when my power was out from Irma)

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

rodbeard posted:

Tumblr wasn't around when you were in 6th grade. You don't have to retcon your fake outrage for some upvotes.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shrapnig posted:

Tumblr wasn't around when you were in 6th grade. You don't have to retcon your fake outrage for some upvotes.

The funny part is his lie is easily disproved. Hell, Pennywise killing the gay dude is right at the beginning of the book, and serves a purpose. (Read Derry: The First Interlude, where Mike goes into it)

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Shrapnig posted:

He might still be in high school based on that post.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Randaconda posted:

Reverse that. Georgie, then Adrian. (just re-read the book when my power was out from Irma)

Ah yes. I don't know why but it felt like forever to get to Georgie's scene.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

CelticPredator posted:

Ah yes. I don't know why but it felt like forever to get to Georgie's scene.

They spent what felt like an eternity talking about buttholes.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Weldon Pemberton posted:

they would have just thought "oh that SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL is a smart and well-read kid, it's good to see a young person reading" and gone about their day. If they even noticed at all.

Since this was posted others have shared teachers having concerns, but in my case I was known as an advanced reader so I'm sure it was this, people's ignorance of the book, and frankly I think most folks who have read IT probably try to put the scene right out of their minds because it's disturbing. IT chat also makes me realize I forgot a TON about that book. I also never read another King book after that one, so I must not had been impressed. Awkward, thought I was in the worst book thread for a minute.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Hello, y'all.

First off, I have asked multiple times that people do not submit reports to this thread. It's literally in the OP.

Second, this is a loving stupid derail. Stop it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I thought we were just producing our own content now????!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

My friend, all of God's creatures are constantly producing their own AUG material. It is the human condition.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cash crab posted:

My friend, all of God's creatures are constantly producing their own AUG material. It is the human condition.

woah, now

i'm hella cool

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

cash crab posted:

But enough about your kids.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Jerry Cotton posted:

But enough about your kids.

:3:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

So goddamn happy.

:barf:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

I think my least favourite part is either the bloody rags in the background, or the implied nudity. Not sure which

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

cash crab posted:

I think my least favourite part is either the bloody rags in the background, or the implied nudity. Not sure which

Implied?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Well, you can't actually see anything, thank gently caress.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

cash crab posted:

Oh no. I'd never noticed the rags before.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

cash crab posted:

Well, you can't actually see anything, thank gently caress.

How you gonna be that tubby and still only have two fried eggs.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

AUG Thread: It is the human condition

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

LingcodKilla posted:

How you gonna be that tubby and still only have two fried eggs.

The distribution of adipose tissue is a harsh mistress.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Why are you so anti-Christian? These good Christian people are just having a Christian family homebirth like King James Version Jesus intended.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Holy gently caress no! Good god. I bet they all got seriously gross bacterial infections in bad places from that. I mean, it's possible and would teach em a lesson.

God.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Hepatitis party!!

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Someone's hell is drowning in that pool every day

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pick posted:

Hepatitis party!!

Good name for a punk band.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

I wasn't offended. Steven King just goes on too many tangents about stupid bullshit.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread