Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Boatswain posted:

How much "skill" – in terms of player knowledge or ability – is there to flying say a Ferox or Megathron in a fleet?

I dont know about the ferox, but when it comes to the megathron, can you align to stuff and press F1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Press F1 keep FC at range align to broadcasted thingo

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Not much, really. That’s the idea. It’s best to minimize decision-making and creativity for your subcap dps pilots. This, combined with broadcasts and fleet movement and other cool stuff, lets FCs take on pretty much every phase of decision-making up to actually firing guns. Which some people have problems figuring out.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
So there is essentially no disparity in skill between the line members of different groups?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
like 90% of the outcome of a fight comes down the preparedness and the FC skill rather than the line members. even more advanced doctrines like stukas or ishtars come down to having like one or two extra buttons to press and being more disciplined about listening to the fc

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Boatswain posted:

So there is essentially no disparity in skill between the line members of different groups?
Very few people in a large fleet actually have to engage with Eves mechanics and the big blocs design they're doctrines for that purpose. Real pvp mechanics are actually hella hard, obtuse and APM heavy

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Ya'all say that, but go fly in a reaver fleet then fly a main fleet. There is a bell curve of skill between any group of players. You'd think "Follow broadcasts, keep at range on FC, don't jump unless told" is something 90% of the fleet can manage. And you'd sometimes be wrong.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Bring back RR Domi gangs, I wanna see hella friendly fire kill mails

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

terrified of my bathroom posted:

like 90% of the outcome of a fight comes down the preparedness and the FC skill rather than the line members. even more advanced doctrines like stukas or ishtars come down to having like one or two extra buttons to press and being more disciplined about listening to the fc

CainFortea posted:

Ya'all say that, but go fly in a reaver fleet then fly a main fleet. There is a bell curve of skill between any group of players. You'd think "Follow broadcasts, keep at range on FC, don't jump unless told" is something 90% of the fleet can manage. And you'd sometimes be wrong.

Bolded the important bits.

The difference between "main fleet" and whatever sig du jour has the best fc comes down to not only whether someone really skilled is leading it but also whether the people following will actually do as they are instructed. Probably the ur-example of this in goonswarm was eg fleets with vee where you would have 100m sp dudes flying vigils or whatever specific thing was requested, rather than a dozen or more people clogging up the fleet with functionally useless travelceptors. Tighter fleet composition and fleet discipline tend to follow the better fcs, who get their own cult following of people and once that is achieved you start being able to do complex stuff that does not work with "main fleet" as well. This makes the fc in question even better, since he can then do things other fcs cannot even try to do.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Addamere posted:

Tighter fleet composition and fleet discipline tend to follow the better fcs

this is F O R S U R E true in present-day Goonswarm. I left because the only tolerable FCs to fly under were Asher and Pittsburgh and i'm not good/motivated enough to step into that role myself

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Boatswain posted:

How much "skill" – in terms of player knowledge or ability – is there to flying say a Ferox or Megathron in a fleet?

lol

brakanjan
May 26, 2014
:question: Which department would I need to contact, in order to find out information, on how to facilitate the destruction of a wormhole corp via a goon attack?

I am a vactioned member :zombie: that has recently joined a boring wormhole corp. I thought it would be fun, unfortunately I realise that at my core I am a kamikaze, frigate pilot, that likes to tackle things.

I recall there being a goon structure in place for events like this. I cannot remember where exactly. I remember there being a goon specific forum with this information, but I could be wrong.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

brakanjan posted:

:question: Which department would I need to contact, in order to find out information, on how to facilitate the destruction of a wormhole corp via a goon attack?

:munch:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

brakanjan posted:

I am a vactioned member :zombie: that has recently joined a boring wormhole corp. I thought it would be fun, unfortunately I realise that at my core I am a kamikaze, frigate pilot, that likes to tackle things.

I recall there being a goon structure in place for events like this. I cannot remember where exactly. I remember there being a goon specific forum with this information, but I could be wrong.

What's your ingame name mate

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

What's your ingame name mate

"Not Angelique Duchemin"

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

brakanjan posted:

Work your way up, steal everything

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

brakanjan posted:

Please share the location of your wormhole, also your EVE name so we can send a team over right away.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

brakanjan posted:

It's a lot of work, and generally not going to happen. Best bet work your way up and steal all the poo poo.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
So, I am a crossroads and don’t know what to do with myself. I have been back to the game for 3 weeks.

In another 3 days I will be able to climb in to my capital ships that, when I had left, I had near perfect skills for when I left.

Then I don’t know what to train. Before I left I had a plan of just polishing my sub-cap skills like weapons specs V, drone specs V, etc.

Now there is all this new poo poo I could train and have no idea if I should train.

go for a stroll posted:

Hey can all you people who just discovered station trading please stick to outbidding in .01 isk increments? Doing more than that accomplishes nothing except make it so I can't adjust my orders via scroll wheel.

This is exactly why I do it, because when you cannot do it by scroll will you sometimes make a mistake still leaving me with the highest buy price/lower sell price.

Then you cannot change the order for 5 minutes, and depending on the volume you trade you might forget it.

I am also the rear end in a top hat who sometimes puts up what you’ve been selling for 25% below current market so that you buy them to maximize your margins and I profit quickly from something that might take a month to sell while constantly having to modify my market orders.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Dec 4, 2018

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ZombieLenin posted:

I am also the rear end in a top hat who sometimes puts up what you’ve been selling for 25% below current market so that you buy them to maximize your margins and I profit quickly from something that might take a month to sell while constantly having to modify my market orders.

Thank you for making GBS threads up the excavator drone market for the last few days.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Rutibex posted:

Thank you for making GBS threads up the excavator drone market for the last few days.

That was not actually me, but excavator drones you say? Hmmm...

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

Rutibex posted:

you did this to yourself with your how-to post, you bastard

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
i just mash sell on all my loot gently caress market pvp

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kitfox88 posted:

i just mash sell on all my loot gently caress market pvp

Thank you, I appreciate people like you very much.

chupacabraTERROR posted:

you did this to yourself with your how-to post, you bastard

:negative:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Rutibex posted:

Thank you, I appreciate people like you very much.

im just doing my part for the eveconomy, the fundamentals are strong and profits are rising

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

brakanjan posted:

GSF is not your personal army and the one group in the coalition that ever really did WH evictions for strategic/tactical reasons ceased to do them shortly after Citadels became a thing. They're also dead because of a shitpost taken both too far and too seriously.

Unless it's a WH corp actively associated with a group we want to poo poo on, and making GBS threads on it meets current strategic needs, you're better off trying to hire Lazerhawks or something.

E: Also if you want to be a dumb kamikaze tackle pilot, rejoin GSF or something. We can always make use of suicide tackle.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Boatswain posted:

Has there literally ever been a time the Ferox was good? I flew one in Delve 1 but that was because I was new, Achura and poor. Like, 'couldn't afford a Drake' poor.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Are you the famous Silverminer???

No, I'm not even spectacular at the mining thing.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

feedmegin posted:

Has there literally ever been a time the Ferox was good? I flew one in Delve 1 but that was because I was new, Achura and poor. Like, 'couldn't afford a Drake' poor.

Back when there was only one Battlecuiser per race it was a okay I guess. Then again, it was literally going up against every other races lowest tiered BC. So...

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]
Goons, I just realized I have over 2,000,000 LP for Republic Fleet across all my characters. Assuming, which is true, that my personal hangar is already overflowing with faction and dead space poo poo (meaning I don’t need anything the LP store offers), what is currently going to be the best bang buck LP wise?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ZombieLenin posted:

Goons, I just realized I have over 2,000,000 LP for Republic Fleet across all my characters. Assuming, which is true, that my personal hangar is already overflowing with faction and dead space poo poo (meaning I don’t need anything the LP store offers), what is currently going to be the best bang buck LP wise?

https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/lpstore/sell/10000002/1000051/withblueprints

personally i would do republic fleet shield extenders, ab's/mwd's, scrams/disruptors, and webs since those probably move the fastest

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

feedmegin posted:

It's actually the best battlecruiser right now. People are asking for Ferox nerfs, even.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

feedmegin posted:

There's a Ferox doctrine that seems to be in pretty regular use these days

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

It's actually the best battlecruiser right now. People are asking for Ferox nerfs, even.

gently caress nerfs, beef up the other BCs to compensate. I want 5 heavy drones in a Myrmidon again.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Rutibex posted:

gently caress nerfs, beef up the other BCs to compensate. I want 5 heavy drones in a Myrmidon again.

So after being back for 4 years and having not climb into a Myrmidon since I have been back, all I can say is wtf? Were they trying to make the Myrmidon lovely?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ZombieLenin posted:

So after being back for 4 years and having not climb into a Myrmidon since I have been back, all I can say is wtf? Were they trying to make the Myrmidon lovely?

They invented the entire concept of "drone bandwidth" just to nerf the Myrmidon.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Rutibex posted:

They invented the entire concept of "drone bandwidth" just to nerf the Myrmidon.

That's not quite how I recall it. I'm pretty sure that Ishtars had more to do with it but I may be wrong.

Querns?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dalael posted:

That's not quite how I recall it. I'm pretty sure that Ishtars had more to do with it but I may be wrong.

Querns?

14 sentry Thanatos.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Dalael posted:

Querns?

Hell if I know. I started playing this game in 2010.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
iirc drone bandwidth was added to stop people from flying 5 heavy drone ishkurs in like, 2006. bandwidth wasn't the limiting factor on drones in carriers either, you were capped at a theoretical 15