Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How good is Kane?
Really good
WWE World Heavyweight Championship material
Hope he never retires
Better than Daniel Bryan
View Results

• Locked thread
RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Mukaikubo posted:

Hey so I'm a newbie (~3 months) and I thought that was a pretty drat fun PPV to watch, am I doing it wrong? I think I'm supposed to be weeping and raging and cancelling my subscription, but instead I'm having fun. Does having fun make me a Bad Fan? I do not want to get on y'all's bad side. :(

To post with the big boyz it's all well and good to like something but you also gotta qualify it. Ask yourself;
1. Is this rad as hell?
2. Do I like it?

If you can say yes then go all in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Tato posted:

They already let Orton have a terrible title reign that no one liked and Bryan's title reign was, well, poo poo. At this point, the WWE title isn't that important and certainly doesn't make one rise above John Cena Eternal Champ level. I have no problem with an absent Lesnar title reign if someone new gets to dethrone him.

Hopefully Brock will beat Cena for the belt then lose it to Cesaro into the next month in his face turn that's supposed to be happening.

Unless now that Vince is heading up creative again and those plans got scrapped.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Hey dudes and ladies, we need to consider Seth Rollins attempting a cashin on Lesnar. He'll die so much.

fatherdog posted:

Seriously, if you don't look forward to multiple times where the WWE Champion is beat up after a title defense and Rollins walks down to the ring with the briefcase only to be ambushed by Dean halfway down the ramp, you hate fun

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mukaikubo posted:

Hey so I'm a newbie (~3 months) and I thought that was a pretty drat fun PPV to watch, am I doing it wrong? I think I'm supposed to be weeping and raging and cancelling my subscription, but instead I'm having fun. Does having fun make me a Bad Fan? I do not want to get on y'all's bad side. :(

It was a really good PPV and it's pretty funny people are angry.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

DeathChicken posted:

Rusev/Big E was amazingly not bad.

I liked it. The big men are cool.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

MassRafTer posted:

In all fairness it had some very good points. I liked it mostly. Lots of good spots, lots of meh endings.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

AlmightyPants posted:

I missed the entire show, I just got home after taking my mom out for her birthday. What match(es) are worth watching?

The entire show is worth watching. The worst it gets is a very short Layla/Summer Rae match and even that had Guest Ref Fandango doing a little crotch-dance during a submission hold.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

MassRafTer posted:

Like I said, I just didn't like HOW Cena won; it was pretty much a foregone conclusion just from a booking perspective. I just hate matches where the winner suddenly APPEARS and gets the win when everyone else has been busting their rear end. The fact it was Cena was almost an afterthought for my disappointment.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

When Seth goes to cash in on Lesnar Ambrose is like...

" You know what Rollins I think you got this"

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Renaissance Spam posted:

Like I said, I just didn't like HOW Cena won; it was pretty much a foregone conclusion just from a booking perspective. I just hate matches where the winner suddenly APPEARS and gets the win when everyone else has been busting their rear end. The fact it was Cena was almost an afterthought for my disappointment.
TLC/MITB almost always has a terrible finish like that.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Ssshh! Let me live in my happy world of snowflakes!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

MITB has more of a chance of somebody odd winning it. Actually had me going for a second that Kofi was going to win after back body dropping Seth off the ladder.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I will point out that Cena holding the titles until Summerslam, losing them to Brock, and Brock loving off for a while buys the WWE a poo poo-ton of time to wait for Bryan to get healthy, and Bryan coming back and winning the titles off of Brock makes him look amazing.

Of course, this assumes that the WWE can book anything worth a drat, which... haha

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I think the WWE still doesn't quite know what to do with its main event scene. Cena is starting to show signs of actually being mortal so they can't just keep it on him forever, but he's still their default mode. However, just about everything else in this PPV indicated that they've got a bunch of talent who are worth watching- even throwaway matches like Sandow vs. Adam Rose and Rusev vs. Big E ended up being pretty fun.

Also I've missed quite a few PPVs but this felt like the first in a while where they didn't totally gently caress up the pacing. Like, having the more flippy ladder match first took some of the energy from the main event, but for the most part the structure of it made sense.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Well, I knew Cena was going to win the loving title again when he was slotted into the match. Even if he's just keeping it warm until Bryan gets healthy.

It looks like he's going to surpass Flair's 16 titles at this rate. WWE, pull the loving trigger on someone, god drat.

TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer
I'm pleasantly surprised that Jack Swagger did not jack swagger tonight. I guess he had his fill killing Bad News Barrett.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Amy Renee posted:

I'm pleasantly surprised that Jack Swagger did not jack swagger tonight. I guess he had his fill killing Bad News Barrett.

Jack Swagger is perfectly fine if not terribly interesting.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cena's still got 4 or so good years left in the company at least, and that's assuming he retires before the decade ends. Plenty of time for him to get 2 more reigns. HHH stepping in or not, it's going to take a helluva lot to stop that piece of history from happening

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Amy Renee posted:

The running joke with the group I was watching with tonight for that match was "FEED ME SHOULDERS" and "JOINTS FOR THE JOINT THROWN" etc etc

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Jack Swagger is perfectly fine if not terribly interesting.

Jack swagger hurts people much more entertaining than himself and should be eaten by wolves.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Reigns is really bad in singles matches and really bad on the mic so it's pretty funny that everyone is so excited about his super-push.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Supreme Allah posted:

Jack swagger hurts people much more entertaining than himself and should be eaten by wolves.

I saw that footage and saw nothing to suggest that Swagger did anything improper, so much as bad poo poo happening to Barrett.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

GrimGypsy posted:

Reigns is really bad in singles matches and really bad on the mic so it's pretty funny that everyone is so excited about his super-push.

His singles matches have all been pretty good, and there has been nothing wrong with his promos.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

GrimGypsy posted:

His worst singles match was an average boring one against Orton last year, and their singles matches on recent house shows have been reportedly very good. His delivery is good and when he isn't scripted to give lines from oldies his promos are fine. So, nope?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Justin Godscock posted:

Well, I knew Cena was going to win the loving title again when he was slotted into the match. Even if he's just keeping it warm until Bryan gets healthy.

It looks like he's going to surpass Flair's 16 titles at this rate. WWE, pull the loving trigger on someone, god drat.

Ah, I didn't think of that. They'll probably want to keep him below Flair's title reigns, or at most have him tie Flair, so we're probably looking at the last or second to last Cena title reign. That's a pretty crazy possibility.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

His singles matches have all been pretty good, and there has been nothing wrong with his promos.

He's getting there but I have a feeling his winning the titles tonight would have been premature. The Shield's breakup is still pretty recent, there needs to be a little bit more time to establish the three as singles performers.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

NowonSA posted:

Ah, I didn't think of that. They'll probably want to keep him below Flair's title reigns, or at most have him tie Flair, so we're probably looking at the last or second to last Cena title reign. That's a pretty crazy possibility.

Why would they keep him below? I can easily see them pulling the trigger on that- it's not like they have to worry about burning bridges with Flair, he'll do appearances when he needs money.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Reigns doesn't get me that excited. I find his character pretty boring and don't think his spots are particularly interesting.

If he had a clothesline finisher I'd probably feel differently though.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Maxwell Lord posted:

I think the WWE still doesn't quite know what to do with its main event scene. Cena is starting to show signs of actually being mortal so they can't just keep it on him forever, but he's still their default mode. However, just about everything else in this PPV indicated that they've got a bunch of talent who are worth watching- even throwaway matches like Sandow vs. Adam Rose and Rusev vs. Big E ended up being pretty fun.

Also I've missed quite a few PPVs but this felt like the first in a while where they didn't totally gently caress up the pacing. Like, having the more flippy ladder match first took some of the energy from the main event, but for the most part the structure of it made sense.
As has been pointed out, the PPV wasn't booked poorly. Lesnar is waiting in the wings for a program and it's much better for the IWC to bleat about wasted main event potential now than after Summerslam. Nobody's really worse off for losing a MITB match in and of itself. Whoever puts over Lesnar needs to be able to recover. Cesaro / Wyatt / Reigns aren't there yet.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jun 30, 2014

TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer

Maxwell Lord posted:

Why would they keep him below? I can easily see them pulling the trigger on that- it's not like they have to worry about burning bridges with Flair, he'll do appearances when he needs money.

Not to mention the reputations behind the legacies being night and day. Who do you give the prestigious designation to, keep it on the man who lived on drugs and booze during his heyday and will die with untold thousands in debt to his name, or the clean-cut (at least until the aforementioned introduced him to alcohol) man who doesn't blow his money and granted the most wishes of all?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

MassRafTer posted:

His worst singles match was an average boring one against Orton last year, and their singles matches on recent house shows have been reportedly very good. His delivery is good and when he isn't scripted to give lines from oldies his promos are fine. So, nope?

These gentlemen are correct. Also important to note he's been consistently improving/growing in every way and shows no signs of stopping. Yay for Roman. :)

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Justin Godscock posted:

WWE has pulled the trigger on itself

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Just got back, apparently you guys didn't see HHH go and check on Randy and give him a brohug.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Why are people saying Brock getting the belt would mean they'd have no champion for several months? Is this one of those "I know the exact dates he's contracted to appear :smug:" things again?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I think an interesting point is that no one really looked weak except Orton, who literally couldn't win with THEDEMONKANE running interference for him, and to a lesser extent Cena, who did gently caress all for most the match. That's probably them wrapping him in cotton and putting him on the shelf because if he gets broken before Bryan get back they are hosed, they think.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Photex posted:

Just got back, apparently you guys didn't see HHH go and check on Randy and give him a brohug.

Yeah it looked like it stopped rolling by then.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sticklefifer posted:

Why are people saying Brock getting the belt would mean they'd have no champion for several months? Is this one of those "I know the exact dates he's contracted to appear :smug:" things again?

It's mostly people misinterpreting how many dates he has left on his current contract (at least 4 matches unless there was a change) and assuming they can't re-negotiate upward.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Cesaro's strength will never fail to impress me, even when it hanging cliffhanger style from a ladder.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Astro7x posted:

Cesaro's strength will never fail to impress me, even when it hanging cliffhanger style from a ladder.

I really did enjoy all the spots involving ladder-with-another-ladder-inside-it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
I mean yeah, Cesaro looked awesome in this match. Just for him alone there was plenty of cool crap.

1. Dangling from the belts with one arm, punching Shaemus, who was dangling but not strong enough to also punch. Cesaro :neckbeard:
2. The image posted above, dangling from the ladder, crawling back on top with just his arms, this guy right here!
3. Coupla sweet Swiss Deaths, the first one to Cena, right? Another off the ladder? this guy is not far off from Champ material I tells ya! actually said outloud, 'Cesaro's the Kofi for this match' actually that might not be a good, ah, thi
4. Was this the first time ever that Cesaro was in a match where he could walk out the champ if he won?
5. was this the first time ever that he hit a Neutralizer and didn't immediately win a match

Show was everything I'd realistically hoped it would be, given the likely outcomes being what actually happened. If this actually turns into Lesnar taking the belt and ultimately being defeated by a returning Bryan, I'll be one drat happy camper. Hang in there!

• Locked thread