Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Thundarr posted:

While I care nothing at all for shipping either, there's some part of me deep down that is OK with this particular case. As long as it doesn't drag on for too long. oh god I've jinxed it :ohdear:

Their makeouts will be in every panel of homestuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Bobulus posted:

I'm really not that interested in shipping. Can we go back to the glitches and intrigue?

What a coincidence, Glitches/Intrigue is my OTP!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Bobulus posted:

I'm really not that interested in shipping. Can we go back to the glitches and intrigue?

There's a difference between romance being a part of a story's plot and "shipping." Or did you hate reading Shakespeare because Romeo got "shipped" with Juliet?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

According to conventional wisdom, it's only shipping if you enjoy it.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Lol if your shipping matrices don't include extensive crosstabs covering likelihood & compatibility ratings. Door's over there, greenhorn - see yourself out.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Seoinin posted:

Lol if your shipping matrices don't include extensive crosstabs covering likelihood & compatibility ratings. Door's over there, greenhorn - see yourself out.

The real reason I don't do 'ship pairings is that I don't know the 4th dimensional math to do the necessary computations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If I ever become a shipper, I want this thread to remember me as I was: just as obsessive, but about something incrementally less embarrassing.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

AriadneThread posted:

The real reason I don't do 'ship pairings is that I don't know the 4th dimensional math to do the necessary computations.

Yeah I guess 4d equations are a p. efficient way to handle shipping algorithms. I mean, if you're literally a caveman scratching pictograms on a wall about the Venus of Willendorf hooking up with a weird bug you found over by the Place Where Shaman Makes Big Fire. poo poo, your SPM (ships per minute) crunch must be a loving shambles if that's your A-game. Step inside my office, rookie. Lemme show you how we do it in The Bigs.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Aug 22, 2013

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Look everyone! Normal people! Talking!

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
I would never consider myself a shipper but "mental note: mack on" made me laugh so I'm ok with where this comic is heading

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I have mentally sanctioned this pairing solely for the comedy value inherent in Dave's reaction to realizing John is going out with his teen mom, not because of any particular desire I have to see John and Roxy going out together.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
I do like that John's idea of saying more interesting things is apparently to keep talking about the same stuff but shouting some of it for emphasis.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Triskelli posted:

JOHN: blah blah blah blah blah blah
ROXY: :allears:

"it was at that point that your mom got distracted by my HOT rear end...

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

I do like that John's idea of saying more interesting things is apparently to keep talking about the same stuff but shouting some of it for emphasis.

I think he's shouting everything, just that she interprets his "blah"s as lowercase.

Stayton
May 20, 2006

A girl who will put you in a full nelson is worth fighting for.

Roger Explosion posted:

Look everyone! Normal people! Talking!

Okay, this is the best way to describe Roxy and John's interactions. It is also the best thing to happen to the comic ever. It also means it will not, and cannot last. This will probably be the only time they ever interact.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I like to imagine that John is literally just saying "blah" and Roxy doesn't give a gently caress.

Also this is basically an A+ ship already.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Bobulus posted:

The key is to stop thinking of it as shipping and to just go with the flow and enjoy the funny bullshit.

MENTAL NOTE: MACK ON

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

This is exactly how Hussie's dating sim game will be.

Dialogue options:

-blah blah blah
-mack on

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

"it was at that point when i got distracted by his moms

HOT rear end...

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Fister Roboto posted:

"it was at that point when i got distracted by his moms

HOT rear end...

No I believe Renaissance Robot had it right.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

bigmcgaffney posted:

I want Dave to recap his adventures to Dirk, it would be like 2 lines of glory
"poo poo happened."
Then fifty pages of talking about the Mayor.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Kgummy posted:

"poo poo happened."
Then fifty pages of talking about the Mayor.
"So, what did you go through in your session?"
"oh you know"
"not much"
"hey man have you met the mayor, you need to meet the mayor"

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
So, first we had Jane sexually objectifying poor Jake. Then John gets ignored by Roxy as she ogles his 'hot body'.

Could this be... a theme?

(What does it all mean?)

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

PleasingFungus posted:

So, first we had Jane sexually objectifying poor Jake. Then John gets ignored by Roxy as she ogles his 'hot body'.

(What does it all mean?)

Kankri is gonna sit on a backwards chair and keep it real about men's rights.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

PleasingFungus posted:

(What does it all mean?)

Clearly, this is all leading up to Hussie's big send-up of Reddit and Men's Rights Advocates. Can he make us love like tolerate them as he has Juggalos, Tumblr folk, and whatever the hell Jake is supposed to be? :ohdear:

Edit: Goddamnit, beaten again.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 23, 2013

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Cabbit posted:

Clearly, this is all leading up to Hussie's big send-up of Reddit and Men's Rights Advocates. Can he make us love like tolerate them as he has Juggalos, Tumblr folk, and whatever the hell Jake is supposed to be? :ohdear:

Edit: Goddamnit, beaten again.

Oh, no. Not in a thousand years. The only way you're getting me to hug r/redpill types is with nuclear arms.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

We already have MRAs in the likes of Eriden and Cronus.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Eridan isn't a MRA, he's more somewhere at the intersection of jilted lover, sociopath, and indoctrinated youth. Dude was an ardent subscriber of a system that was profoundly broken, and designed to produce profoundly broken people (which everyone else, in some way, rebelled against). It always seemed like he was a stand in for "this is what the vast majority of trolls are actually like", when he wasn't relationship and wizard jokes (or his few brief moments of emotion before he threw himself back into the empire's mindset).

Cronus is just a full on scumbag on top of being an otherkin, but Kankri seems like he's heading in that direction. Plus his shirt is red(dit).

E: Something about Eridan drives me to :words:. I think there's still interesting ground to cover narrative about the dude and Alternia by extension but that ship's long sailed. Maybe the latter will get a chance in the game.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Aug 23, 2013

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Cabbit posted:

Eridan isn't a MRA, he's more somewhere at the intersection of jilted lover, sociopath, and indoctrinated youth.

Neither of these discounts him being MRA :v:

I can't wait to see more interactions between Alpha and Beta kids :allears: I hope Dirk/Dave is next.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Introducing the new friend - a troll PUA MRA atheist+ in a fedora. With an impenetrable typing quirk.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Aug 23, 2013

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Seoinin posted:

Introducing the new friend - a troll PUA MRA atheist+ in a fedora. With an impenetrable typing quirk.

How do you turn :smug: into a typing quirk? Aside from adding "heh" to the end of every sentence.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Thundarr posted:

How do you turn :smug: into a typing quirk? Aside from adding "heh" to the end of every sentence.

You would somehow have to MANage to highlight the very most important parts in his stateMENts.

Besides Caliborn already exists, do we really need any more women-hating characters?

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Aug 23, 2013

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

Thundarr posted:

Your name is TYLURR DERPIN.

You begin every sentence with "um, ACTUALLY" and articulate cetain vO->wels to emphasize your pO->ints.

"um, ACTUALLY, it's hard being a kid and grO->wing up. It's hard and nO->bO->dy understands, heh."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh man I can't wait for Hussie to make fun of my favorite internet boogeyman.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Burkion posted:

Oct 25, 2012 11:16 AM

Okay, look, I've been found out. It turns out I'm actually the world's greatest shipping wizard. This isn't a gift, it's a curse I've had to live with every day of my life and godammit I try my best but sometimes it just happens okay!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So long as you own up to your sins.

(You've done nothing wrong you are wonderful.)

I've actually been rereading Homestuck AND this thread in 'real' time. Just before Cascade, all the way to now, it's how I caught that gem. Seeing our/your reactions and theories while reading the updates in the right order is honestly magical.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
So a few people over at Tumblr are unhappy with these recent romantic developments. Not because they ship John with someone else, but because they are convinced that John is "supposed to be" asexual in canon. Remember when John offhandedly mentioned to Jade that he thought "romance and dating are dumb and boring"? They really took that bit to heart and claim that's an admission that John is asexual/aromantic/whatever, and that implying that John's interested in Roxy is sexual erasure.

This is today's update in "Why If You're Smarter Than Me You Should Avoid Tumblr Completely."

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

C'mon John just gently caress Dave's mom already so Hussie can end this comic.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

The most adorable thing is John suddenly worrying that he must be boring her, so he tries to make whatever he's saying sound more interesting in increasingly dumb ways.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

So a few people over at Tumblr are unhappy with these recent romantic developments. Not because they ship John with someone else, but because they are convinced that John is "supposed to be" asexual in canon. Remember when John offhandedly mentioned to Jade that he thought "romance and dating are dumb and boring"? They really took that bit to heart and claim that's an admission that John is asexual/aromantic/whatever, and that implying that John's interested in Roxy is sexual erasure.

This is today's update in "Why If You're Smarter Than Me You Should Avoid Tumblr Completely."

A lot of Homestuck readers are pretty good at completely missing some nuance, but some people really take the cake for "ignoring clues and then latching randomly onto a random statement and taking it literally in every way".

Especially the guy with the Reverse Class Aspects stuff. gently caress that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You guys dont need to be reminded that Dave's Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff comics are prescient.