Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Is that the 2x Infamy reset reward? Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Bandire posted:

Is that the 2x Infamy reset reward? Jesus.

No, milestone yesterday

2x infamy is, iirc, tracking cluster with impact casing and about 75 velocity 75 radius from barrel perks. So arguably better in some ways but worse in others.

I like that there are legitimate sidegrades again :cheers:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
what cracks me up about the impending Sleeper AA nerf is that I'm 99% sure it'll be a line item nerf to Sleeper and miss the the bullshit that is QB entirely

https://i.imgur.com/JS8yhSE.gifv

its 5 of the easiest kills you'll ever get per brick :allears:

e: If you're the designated invader on your gambit stack QB is the pro choice but use Marksman sights. It's just as effortless as Sleeper but with 5 in the mag and spools faster than Sleeper. Only exception to this would be a catalyst Sleeper. That thing is some straight horseshit.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Oct 4, 2018

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I got the Lake of Shadows nightfall drop- it's a kinetic breech load grenade launcher

it was even masterworked right off the bat, so I'm pretty sure that means it has Bungie curated perks, right?

... it has genesis, which DOESN'T WORK WITH KINETIC

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mazerunner posted:

I got the Lake of Shadows nightfall drop- it's a kinetic breech load grenade launcher

it was even masterworked right off the bat, so I'm pretty sure that means it has Bungie curated perks, right?

Yeah, all of this together means it's a year 1 reward that got changed from power to kinetic with no real thought put into it :bungie:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Mazerunner posted:

It does dude I have the same one and it owns

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Genesis has two aspects

1. Breaking a shield reloads from reserves
2. Energy weapons hitting a shield of the same element instantly refunds

So on a kinetic or heavy weapon with Genesis, breaking a shield reloads the mag. Which the Lake of Shadows launcher does. I've tested it. It's basically fighting lion but in non exotic form and it owns. It's actually extremely well thought out

PS: if you get solid hits on guardians in PvP you get an instant second grenade, hth.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Full auto distant relation feels like vision of confluence

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Did anything ever come of that room on the Almighty that had a clear jumping puzzle to get to and was filled with unique named yellow bar enemies? That felt like it was screaming THERE WILL BE A SECRET THING HERE EVENTUALLY, it would be really weird if it was just kind of...there.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Emron posted:

Did anything ever come of that room on the Almighty that had a clear jumping puzzle to get to and was filled with unique named yellow bar enemies? That felt like it was screaming THERE WILL BE A SECRET THING HERE EVENTUALLY, it would be really weird if it was just kind of...there.

in the redux solstice of heroes version, two of the rooms had heavy ammo dispensers and the third just opened automatically to release the enemies on you

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Emron posted:

I like how there's now two gigantic deathships just hanging out here and there in the solar system that no one really feels like dealing with.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

the good fax machine posted:

yeah im not gonna lie i came around on him a while ago

I changed my mind on you like two minutes after I was a bitch lol It was basically me, Ace Levy, jumping in line and you, Johnny Rico, getting in my face. Ever since, I've been slopping gruel at your tray with a big retarded smile.

I love all you boys :gay:

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm not one for grenade launchers but this sounds really rad and fun.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well I got the Perfect Paradox quest and it's hilarious how quickly it goes from "let's go find Saint 14!" to slamming the breaks to grind twice as much as the last thing I had.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RBA Starblade posted:

I like how there's now two gigantic deathships just hanging out here and there in the solar system that no one really feels like dealing with.

The entire system is a gigantic mess outside the Last City and it keeps getting worse because the template for Destiny content doesn't allow for the bad guys to ever be completely exterminated or fully retreat back to interstellar space.

Also there are 3 gigantic deathships in various states of operability (Almighty, Leviathan, Dreadnaught).

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

cvnvcnv posted:

I changed my mind on you like two minutes after I was a bitch lol It was basically me, Ace Levy, jumping in line and you, Johnny Rico, getting in my face. Ever since, I've been slopping gruel at your tray with a big retarded smile.

I love all you boys :gay:

I'm not one for grenade launchers but this sounds really rad and fun.

Seems like you have to be really good to use it but I'm sure that CammyCakes guy will show everyone the way

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
where exactly is nessus supposed to be?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nessus exists in real life and is somewhere around Uranus and Neptune. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7066_Nessus

haveblue posted:

The entire system is a gigantic mess outside the Last City and it keeps getting worse because the template for Destiny content doesn't allow for the bad guys to ever be completely exterminated or fully retreat back to interstellar space.

Also there are 3 gigantic deathships in various states of operability (Almighty, Leviathan, Dreadnaught).

I wasn't counting Leviathan because Calus doesn't want to murder us yet :v:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Emron posted:

The named enemies were Calus' Shadows who went to the Almighty to kill either Ghaul or some other mook, but failed and got owned. I think it's the lore detailed in the Prestige Raid Titan Armor

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The entire solar system is hosed up beyond belief, everything's either been hollowed out or broken up or crashed in to or vex-ised so many times they hardly resemble planets anymore. Two more ships, no matter how big, ain't no problem.

Maybe they'll do a spinoff sandbox game five years from now where you're a non-guardian flying a cargo ship collecting scrap to help humanity rebuild.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

The entire solar system is hosed up beyond belief, everything's either been hollowed out or broken up or crashed in to or vex-ised so many times they hardly resemble planets anymore. Two more ships, no matter how big, ain't no problem.

Maybe they'll do a spinoff sandbox game five years from now where you're a non-guardian flying a cargo ship collecting scrap to help humanity rebuild.

Trump!

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The named enemies were Calus' Shadows who went to the Almighty to kill either Ghaul or some other mook, but failed and got owned. I think it's the lore detailed in the Prestige Raid Titan Armor

So in other words they're just kind of there. Got it.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
:smuggo:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

There's no chance that can be gotten out of any of the raid chests is there because I dont want to wait 50 light levels to shoot lasers

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It comes from a chest, but you have to beat the raid to get to it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xzzy posted:

It comes from a chest, but you have to beat the raid to get to it.

Oh is it the chest you need that key for?

Can't really hop on this week since I'm out of state but maybe later I'll see if someone will handhold my baby titan through that quick kill method and see if I luck out :v:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Don't really know, I just remember when the gun was first made public knowledge someone said it comes from one of two chests after you beat the last encounter.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stop giving me Tigerspite God drat it I want the Dawn armor

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
New TWAB is up
- Nightfall specific rewards will be deterministic. Every time you don't get it, will increase the chance you get it on the next run
- Hovering over lost sectors on maps will show their name (taken straight from Reddit suggestion)
- Malfeasance boss gonna spawn way more often
- Will only get 2 bullets for Heavy pickup with Sleeper in Gambit
- Last Wish not gonna get a Prestige mode
- Reduce exotic duplicate drops (lol)
- Masterwork core rewards for Spider bounties
- Shaders will delete faster
- Transmat effects added to Collections
- Can track up to 3 pursuits
- Scout rifle damage buff (+15%)

qbert fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 4, 2018

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i mean wouldn't basically anyone with iq greater than moron know the lost sector labeling would be required for it to not be tedious crap

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

qbert posted:

- Masterwork core rewards for Spider bounties
Also Scrapper bounties. All good stuff

Also looks like no Prestige Last Wish. Prestige raids were kinda dumb anyway IMO. But there's gonna be a raid lair in the annual pass.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

quote:

Power Ammo Crate Changes: To help balance some weapons, we’re changing the amount of ammo that you will receive when opening an ammo crate with certain weapons equipped:

Sleeper Simulant: Ammo crate will grant two shots (down from four)

Swords: Ammo crate will grant 12 Sword ammo (up from six)

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Yeah I’m stoked to bring this into gambit now

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
line item nerf. called it lol.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

line item nerf. called it lol.

QB not getting a nerf isn't as bad since everyone can easily get Sleeper, whereas it actually requires you to get a random exotic Forsaken drop to get QB, so approximately 6 people have it.

qbert fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 4, 2018

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

qbert posted:

- Scout rifle damage buff (+15%)

0.04%

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

qbert posted:

QB not getting a nerf isn't as bad since everyone can easily get Sleeper, whereas it actually requires you to get a random exotic Forsaken drop to get QB, so approximately 6 people have it.

i dont totally disagree but now i'm gonna go from mostly unopposed to wildly unopposed

and it owns

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

They've learned their lesson but will double correct. 1500%

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

Yeah I’m stoked to bring this into gambit now

I have been and at worst I trade with sleepers*

Not applicable to the catalyst gently caress that noise

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

i dont totally disagree but now i'm gonna go from mostly unopposed to wildly unopposed

and it owns

I don't have QB yet, does it also 1-shot kill on body hit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

qbert posted:

I don't have QB yet, does it also 1-shot kill on body hit?

probably not but it doesn't matter. if the reticle is anywhere near them its a crit

https://i.imgur.com/tflChDO.gifv

it requires zero effort