Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Reddit is the distributary

You take that back, reddit is a catholic priest in the shape of a dregs anal gland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Wonder how many people are about to sink shards into a Fated Engram for that Y1 fire.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is Suros REGIME actually any good in D2? I'm considering gambling for it.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
More like fart-head engrams lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RBA Starblade posted:

Is Suros REGIME actually any good in D2? I'm considering gambling for it.

buy every single exotic until you own all of the Exotics.

You might love it, you might not, but the more Exotics you have in your collections, the more useful the Exotic duplication system will be once it's implemented

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
SUROS is pretty fun in PvE now with Spinning Up.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

This lore tab owns btw

RBA Starblade posted:

I feel a little bad about murdering all of them now

So, Mamacitathun calls in a Thrall just to see if her plan is gobbledygook? They basically live in complete dark until their violence god calls them in to confuse the living gently caress out of them, then get sent to be ultra murdered Guardians.

Thrall aren't attacking us, they're just in panic mode and clawing for help.

Really, who among the bad guys is bad? Fallen got a poo poo deal and their motivations make complete sense, Cabal are shellshocked and probably just want to go home to pork their gigantic wives, Hive are mostly born just to be murdered by each other and if not then by literally anything else in creation, Vex are computer nerds we bully and slap their juiceboxes to the dirt, Scorn are helpless voodoo zombies who aren't allowed to die...

Being a bad guy in Destiny is tragic.

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 5, 2018

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

a little humility goes a long way dude, please tone down the bragging

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

cvnvcnv posted:

A REAL HUMDINGER OF A SCHEME

So, Mamacitathun calls in a Thrall just to see if her plan is gobbledygook? They basically live in complete dark until their violence god calls them in to confuse the living gently caress out of them, then get sent to be ultra murdered Guardians.

Thrall aren't attacking us, they're just in panic mode and clawing for help.

Really, who among the bad guys is bad? Fallen got a poo poo deal and their motivations make complete sense, Cabal are shellshocked and probably just want to go home to pork their gigantic wives, Hive are mostly born just to be murdered by each other and if not then by literally anything else in creation, Vex are computer nerds we bully and slap their juiceboxes to the dirt, Scorn are helpless voodoo zombies who aren't allowed to die...

The Vex still want to make themselves reality and also convert everything into Vex so it's still okay to shoot them. Fallen are starting to be Guardian pals so at least we're not shooting all of them!

Life seems to suck extra hard for thralls though.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Most sci fi lore doesn't have the voracious Hive-style enemies also be the most religious. Definitely didn't see the Flood building gothic cathedrals.

Fallen are neat because they're insectoids and swashbuckling pirates at the same time.

Vex are time traveling robots which I guess is already sort of a thing in sci fi

Cabal are neat in that they DON'T have some kind of time travel or deity's blessing on their side, they just really HTFU to survive this awful universe

Taken and Scorn are just the Destiny Year 2 Reskin so whatever

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

a little humility goes a long way dude, please tone down the bragging

Once I went to a gay bar like three times before realizing it was a gay bar. Not even free drinks from hunks made it dawn on me. I guess I'm naturally just so super extra gay :smug:

RBA Starblade posted:

The Vex still want to make themselves reality and also convert everything into Vex so it's still okay to shoot them. Fallen are starting to be Guardian pals so at least we're not shooting all of them!

Life seems to suck extra hard for thralls though.

Yeah, tho this Mithrax fella playing Martin Luther Dreg against Malcom X-Variks spells discord which spells more killing them for a while :smith: but at least Spider's punk rock Eliksni are safe :unsmith:

Thrall tho, man, I'd like to adopt one. Stick a collar on it, let it sleep at the foot of the bed and eat my doodoos out of the toilet or whatever passes as food to those pieces of poo poo.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

cvnvcnv posted:

Existing in Destiny is tragic.

Guardians are immortal zombie murder machines, humanity is crammed into a tiny city underneath the God Orb, and everyone else is under threat of death by bullets, lasers, missiles, getting eaten, punched, stomped, or just having your existence erased or stuck in an infinite loop of suffering to feed a dark god.

Granted we're not at the hilariously over-the-top grimdark levels of 40k, but we're getting there.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Same

https://i.imgur.com/UnTfTKd.gifv

I wonder what percent of Destiny 2 clips are exactly this?!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

IronSaber posted:

Existing in Destiny is tragic.

Guardians are immortal zombie murder machines, humanity is crammed into a tiny city underneath the God Orb, and everyone else is under threat of death by bullets, lasers, missiles, getting eaten, punched, stomped, or just having your existence erased or stuck in an infinite loop of suffering to feed a dark god.

Granted we're not at the hilariously over-the-top grimdark levels of 40k, but we're getting there.

Lol you're right. My favorite thing to remember in the lore is that just after the Collapse and the terrible battle between the Traveler and the Darkness, humanity, weary and on the verge of extinction, turn to the first Risen... who promptly become immortal psychopath Warlords.

But no, Bungie has figured out how to not be so dire. Look, Festival of the Lost is almost here! And we get a fun, cutesy quest where someone has been murdered... gently caress!

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I feel like we're still waiting for the big Vex expansion, at least in lore terms. We still don't know practically nothing about them or the great vex minds, their Oryx and stuff, if they have them.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Hive Raids: Crota, Oryx

Taken Raids: Last Wish, Oryx

Vex Raids: Vault, Eater

Cabal Raids: Leviathan, Spire, sort-of-Eater

Fallen Raids: Wrath

Give us more Fallen Raids. 100% of Fallen Raids have been the best Raid ever made.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
i really need that mind-blown emote

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Vex in D1: super badass hive mind computer things that could time travel and were gonna destroy the galaxy.

Vex since then: used as a theme to make planets look unique, split internally into factions, serve no purpose except when someone decides they need some sweet technology and goes raiding.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Had Trinity ghoul drop and it is fun as hell.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
To be honest I feel like all of the grimoire is just grim lore.

Also to me D2 is a dark comedy and not some Battlestar lite space drama.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

elpaganoescapa posted:

I feel like we're still waiting for the big Vex expansion, at least in lore terms. We still don't know practically nothing about them or the great vex minds, their Oryx and stuff, if they have them.

I might be McBane here but is my t Curse of Osiris like a 100% Vex expansion//lore dump?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
You're half right, in that Curse of Osiris is in fact a 100% dump

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

yes but it was total garbage

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014

Bust Rodd posted:

I might be McBane here but is my t Curse of Osiris like a 100% Vex expansion//lore dump?

Yeah, it's Vex-themed but we barely learn anything about them. I don't even remember why Panoptes was doing whatever it was doing.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Bust Rodd posted:

I think it was about Osiris being a big turd, I guess? And a lot of lore entries on Calus? And the infinite forest is a tuff shed.

elpaganoescapa posted:

Yeah, it's Vex-themed but we barely learn anything about them. I don't even remember why Panoptes was doing whatever it was doing.

Shimulating... Things? What the hell even was the threat?

And when did the Traveler terraform Mercury, and why were the Vex there already?

Oh wait, it was all simulations, so none of it mattered, kill Valus Thuun again.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Failson posted:

Shimulating... Things? What the hell even was the threat?

I think the Vex finally simulated themselves victorious???

But gently caress me in the mouth if the game ever outright said this.

Please, Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris, please have said this outright :pray:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Failson posted:

And when did the Traveler terraform Mercury, and why were the Vex there already?

the same time it terraformed everything else in the solar system

https://www.ishtar-collective.net/categories/ares-one?highlight=terraform

the vex hosed it up later then injected themselves into its timeline to computerize it

https://www.ishtar-collective.net/cards/the-lighthouse?highlight=mercury

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Time travel in Destiny is more like jumping into alternate timelines, right? :psyduck:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
yeah, bungie drank deep into string theory fan fic

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Maker Of Shoes posted:

the same time it terraformed everything else in the solar system

https://www.ishtar-collective.net/categories/ares-one?highlight=terraform

the vex hosed it up later then injected themselves into its timeline to computerize it

https://www.ishtar-collective.net/cards/the-lighthouse?highlight=mercury

That's helpful, thanks!

And I'm laughing that neither is from CoO.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/q01DN7n.gifv

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

xzzy posted:

Vex in D1: super badass hive mind computer things that could time travel and were gonna destroy the galaxy.

Vex since then: used as a theme to make planets look unique, split internally into factions, serve no purpose except when someone decides they need some sweet technology and goes raiding.

Yeah in D1 there was something sinister about them.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Curse of osiris: advertised as potentially the next prison of elders. Actually a giant turd that almost killed the game.

I remember logging on to play it and there being 3 people on my friends list on.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Osiris killed D2 for me and I didn't start playing it again until July. What a goddamn joke.

But on the upside, I didn't play D2 for 6 months so in that regard it really helped me out in life.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
everything you need to know about CoO you can learn from that loving tragically embarrassing moment on the reveal stream where deej says “the most rewarding public event ever” and it’s two tokens and a blue

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Mercury's Heroic Public Event only grants 20% progress now, lol. Somehow it's getting even shittier over time!!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Mercury is the loving worst flashpoint ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Rubellavator posted:

Mercury is the loving worst flashpoint ever.

This week kind of owned though because the Heroic Adventure gives 50% credit, and there was an Oopsy where the Daily Heroic Adventure reset twice in a row, AND there was a weekly clan bounty to do a Heroic Adventure!!