Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Theatrhythm Switch looks way more intense than the 3DS version. Hopefully I can keep up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Vampire Survivors is absolutely incredible and insanely addictive but there's no way Switch could handle it when things get hectic

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Alan_Shore posted:

Vampire Survivors is absolutely incredible and insanely addictive but there's no way Switch could handle it when things get hectic

Lol yeah my deck starts to buckle 15 mins into any level. It usually fixes itself right after thankfully. My god it owns so much, I had heard about it but didn't jump on board until I saw the giant bomb quick look and heard Dan giggling like a deranged toddler as he tore up enemies left and right. That level up screen popping up every few seconds when you're on a roll is straight up crack

Anyways, I heard the performance issues are largely due to the fact that it's made on flash or some sort of web code, it might run okay if it was ported to a proper engine.

Plenty of bullet hells get chaotic enough and they still run okay on switch so hopefully they figure something out

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I think there are plans to port VS to a better engine in the pipeline. Once that happens I expect we'll get a Switch port soon after.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Mega64 posted:

I think there are plans to port VS to a better engine in the pipeline. Once that happens I expect we'll get a Switch port soon after.

VS is good but I prefer JetBrains products.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

I'm pretty sure it's written in Javascript, so a rewrite in basically anything else would be a huge performance increase

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

cum jabbar posted:

I'm pretty sure it's written in Javascript, so a rewrite in basically anything else would be a huge performance increase

IIRC this is why porting RPG Maker games is such a pain in the rear end

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
how much new content did i miss out on in vampire survivors, i played it for 7-8 hrs in april and thought it was an absolute steal at $3

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
A bunch. There’s like 7 or 8 levels, a true final boss, about 35 characters most with unique weapon combos.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
The beastiary entries in VS are really funny and extremely well done.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

VS is one of about two games I liked last year along with Elden ring. It’s so good. Hope it comes to switch soon so the developer makes infinite money and can add more stuff.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

As far as 2022 releases go Pentiment would be a perfect switch game

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

W..... what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4cGL9uJrmQ

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Mega64 posted:

I mean, we're a loving month away from the Switch getting the best Final Fantasy game of all time, and we got a new Fire Emblem coming out in days. There's more important poo poo to talk about here!

Which Final Fantasy game is that? Legit question, I don't know which one is coming to Switch in a month.

Super duper excited for Fire Emblem, too! Just mashed the Buy button today. :dance: Can't wait!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The guitar hero one.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

W.... what????!!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
What the gently caress is wrong with you idiots? Haven't you ever seen a lovely non-game game before?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Silksong OS when!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s just the spiritual sequel to this Rockstar classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNfKPpPoizA

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

External Organs posted:

Silksong OS when!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

nOS actually stands for “nO Silksong”

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

American McGay posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you idiots? Haven't you ever seen a lovely non-game game before?

for real, y'all were just talking about vampire survivor

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Who is this even for?

Is it a contained OS that can only run it's own apps and stuff? That any tablet could do better?

Or is it some kind of workaround for customizing your entire Switch? Can you launch Switch games from it? Like, "gently caress it, make your own folders and background skins."

How secure is it? Could hackers use it to find an exploit for homebrewing? Or is this OS kinda like an "official" homebrew?

Just like Linux, it's strange and I don't like it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Waffle! posted:

Who is this even for?

Is it a contained OS that can only run it's own apps and stuff? That any tablet could do better?

Or is it some kind of workaround for customizing your entire Switch? Can you launch Switch games from it? Like, "gently caress it, make your own folders and background skins."

How secure is it? Could hackers use it to find an exploit for homebrewing? Or is this OS kinda like an "official" homebrew?

It's a game.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Waffle! posted:

Who is this even for?

the video description posted:

nOS: New Operating System offers a fresh and new way to interface with your Nintendo Switch. Transform your favorite console into an amazing, and surprisingly small personal computer by allowing you to draw, write, calculate, organize your day and play around at your convenience with the built-in puzzle game. nOS: New Operating System will be available later this month on Nintendo Switch.

American McGay posted:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

gently caress, here I go overthinking things again.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Waffle! posted:

People demanded it in the thread months ago. And now that they got the spiritual successor to the arcade rabbit game, but folders instead of icons. It has a market, apparently. :shrug:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Waffle! posted:

Who is this even for?

it lets you remember to feed your cat

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

gently caress, wrote my term paper in sports story and it had a hidden page between 5 and 6 that let my professor know how much I hate him

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

External Organs posted:

Silksong OS when!

Augus posted:

nOS actually stands for “nO Silksong”

this year

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
patience.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

*banging my joy-cons on the table*

ADVANCE WARS

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Mega64 posted:

I mean, we're a loving month away from the Switch getting the best Final Fantasy game of all time, and we got a new Fire Emblem coming out in days. There's more important poo poo to talk about here!

Switch is getting Final Fantasy Tactics A2?

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Alan_Shore posted:

I played it extensively on a 760m (that I finally recently got rid of) and it ran great on that. Switch generally seems stronger than that card to me.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Prophet of Nixon posted:

I played it extensively on a 760m (that I finally recently got rid of) and it ran great on that. Switch generally seems stronger than that card to me.

it's probably CPU strained with the shitload of mobs rather than GPU

helsabot
Apr 25, 2005
This is the worst vacation ever.
i want a game like sotn but bloodstained ran lovely and was dorky and i don't like how little the sprites are in hollow knight. what should i buy

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Castlevania Advance Collection.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

helsabot posted:

i want a game like sotn but bloodstained ran lovely and was dorky and i don't like how little the sprites are in hollow knight. what should i buy

There's this one that's in a castle with like time travel mechanics where I think at least the art will be up your alley, called Timespinner

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
timespinner is a bit simple but very solid. and yeah the art is fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I'm excited for the Mega Man Battle Network re-release even though I've never played any of 'em!