Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

don’t outdoor cats eventually give their owners literal brainworms?

not just outdoor cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it is widely believed that toxoplasmosis makes humans like cats more, because it has that effect on mice (this gets the mouse eaten so the parasite can move to its cat gut life cycle stage. nature is cool)

and Muhammad not only refused to disturb the cat, but he carefully cut away the part of the robe the cat was sleeping on so she could keep it while he wore the remainder

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
I mean if the brain parasite actually makes us like cats more, i.e. more appreciative of their feline splendor, then it's basically win-win for both parties as far as I'm concerned

also I was looking up the viking cat mentioned before and found out that they put this real cat with the AC logo on its face into Mirage

https://x.com/CreedScholars/status/1710479816917422437

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

don’t outdoor cats eventually give their owners literal brainworms?

yes and also uncooked pork

the global or us national percentage of RFK like wormys is shockingly high

quote:

Across the globe, many cat owners pick up a pet-linked parasite without ever knowing. In the United States alone, more than 40 million Americans are infected with Toxoplasma gondii — a brain parasite that's spread by eating undercooked, contaminated meat, drinking contaminated water, and yes, accidentally swallowing a bit of cat poop.

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

haveblue posted:

it is widely believed that toxoplasmosis makes humans like cats more, because it has that effect on mice (this gets the mouse eaten so the parasite can move to its cat gut life cycle stage. nature is cool)

and Muhammad not only refused to disturb the cat, but he carefully cut away the part of the robe the cat was sleeping on so she could keep it while he wore the remainder

and this is clearly EP BS

it makes mice like the scent of cat urine

you'd have to be daft to be a pet owner and like cat urine

allegedly it has a gender bias that makes women more promiscuous and men more timid

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

QR Code Geass posted:

yes and also uncooked pork

the global or us national percentage of RFK like wormys is shockingly high

40 million in the usa -- 12 percent or so -- is quite low on a global scale. apparently in france nearly 17 in 20 people are infected with toxoplasma

QR Code Geass posted:

allegedly it has a gender bias that makes women more promiscuous and men more timid

so, france

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

QR Code Geass posted:

you'd have to be daft to be a pet owner and like cat urine

it would explain how people end up living with 50 cats in a tiny filthy apartment and persist in that state until animal control clears them out though

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

its technically $200 if you want to play a paradox game

why would i?

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
there is a cat in bg3 that narrates everything like a film noir. sadly he only has like three lines

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

40 million in the usa -- 12 percent or so -- is quite low on a global scale. apparently in france nearly 17 in 20 people are infected with toxoplasma

so, france

this completely invalidates my cartoon skunk-based model of the franch

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

rjmccall posted:

there is a cat in bg3 that narrates everything like a film noir. sadly he only has like three lines

sounds like he only narrates a few things then

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

More like a Film Nyaa

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

goblin week posted:

why would i?

have you not been following the brain worms conversation?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yScLaj63_AQ
lol

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

current AC6 status: beat the final boss of NG++ and got the final ending, good poo poo! ngl i cheesed that mfer hard with a full-missile build, maybe they shouldn't have given me the parts if i wasn't meant to use it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sac8BvR2YbE

having seen all the endings, unlocked all the parts and played all the missions i've basically seen all the content it has to offer (even got 38/40 cheevos, doubt i'll 100% because S ranking all missions sounds insane lol https://steamcommunity.com/id/garbagedotnet/stats/1888160/achievements/).

overall i very much enjoyed the game. it was challenging but not tedious, a well-balanced FROMSOFT game. aesthetic is great and it's well-polished with good graphics and super smooth gameplay. also it gives you that same feeling of being a badass when you beat a boss like Sekiro does :D

not sure what i'll play next. might just muck around with the Turok ports until ER DLC comes out. or maybe i'll try DS3.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

DS3 is good

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i tried DS1 but bounced off it hard (having to walk for 10 mins to retry a boss isn't challenging, it's just tedious) but really loved ER and people told me that DS3 is the most like ER so yeah.

edit: fwiw i gave DS1 a chance, almost 50 hours in it. point where i got stuck and abandoned it was Capra Demon. mfer can murder you at the arena entrance and it's such a long fuckin walk to retry, boring af.

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 15:39 on May 14, 2024

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

yeah you can warp from any bonfire in DS3 right at the start of the game at least.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
dark souls 2 is the best one

a bold and controversial opinion, i know

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I recently beat DS3 for the first time. I'd say it is correct to say it is the closest to ER. I enjoyed it a lot

And DS2 kinda blows. Just feels awful to play, kinda hard to explain but everything felt sluggish. I gave up and went straight to DS3.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah boss runbacks suck and from immediately started backing off from the concept but didn't do it fast enough

in demon's souls you have to run through pretty much the entire level. in elden ring you just respawn right outside the boss fog

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

getting marginally better at Cogmind, I can make it out of Materials about half the time now

might try the Mines now, since there is supposed to be The Lore there and that sounds fun

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

slipways is great
Nice job on ac6
I’ve been playing lootun which is halfway between an idle game and an autobattler

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Subjunctive posted:

getting marginally better at Cogmind, I can make it out of Materials about half the time now

might try the Mines now, since there is supposed to be The Lore there and that sounds fun
nice! yeah i always go through the mines as soon as I have a grenade launcher, the swag you can get from one of the mines sub-branches can be run-defining

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Captain Foo posted:

slipways is great
Well Well Well, If It Isn't the Consequences of My Own Actions: The Puzzle Game

yeah it's great. think I might play a game or two myself tonight, it's been a long while

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ciaphas posted:

Well Well Well, If It Isn't the Consequences of My Own Actions: The Puzzle Game

yeah it's great. think I might play a game or two myself tonight, it's been a long while

Big same!!

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Pile Of Garbage posted:

edit: fwiw i gave DS1 a chance, almost 50 hours in it. point where i got stuck and abandoned it was Capra Demon. mfer can murder you at the arena entrance and it's such a long fuckin walk to retry, boring af.

when i first played DS1, capra demon really stuck in my craw. it's just such a brutal gently caress you of a fight, you walk blindly into a small room and get ganked by a giant goat man and two dogs and you're dead in like 5 seconds. i raged about it, then fumed myself to sleep, then went right back to it in the morning and beat him after a good number of tries

then much much later in ng+ i walked into his room in the full havels set, tanked every hit and just beat him into the ground with a giant club or something. ahhh catharsis

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Pile Of Garbage posted:

current AC6 status: beat the final boss of NG++ and got the final ending, good poo poo! ngl i cheesed that mfer hard with a full-missile build, maybe they shouldn't have given me the parts if i wasn't meant to use it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sac8BvR2YbE

having seen all the endings, unlocked all the parts and played all the missions i've basically seen all the content it has to offer (even got 38/40 cheevos, doubt i'll 100% because S ranking all missions sounds insane lol https://steamcommunity.com/id/garbagedotnet/stats/1888160/achievements/).

overall i very much enjoyed the game. it was challenging but not tedious, a well-balanced FROMSOFT game. aesthetic is great and it's well-polished with good graphics and super smooth gameplay. also it gives you that same feeling of being a badass when you beat a boss like Sekiro does :D

not sure what i'll play next. might just muck around with the Turok ports until ER DLC comes out. or maybe i'll try DS3.

:nice:

fwiw getting S rank in everything is actually not that bad and i found it surprisingly fun. a couple of missions are particularly hard, iirc i struggled with the one full of invisible dudes the most

don't feel bad about cheesing, back at the beginning it was just dual zimmermans instead of missiles and i unabashedly used that poo poo

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
i finished UNICORN OVERLORD the other day and i thought it was really good. not without its flaws but it has very nice gamefeel and it's a great game to nibble away at in small pieces every evening

give it a go if you like strategy rpgs

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

more like dork souls

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

more like dork souls

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

more like dork souls

Take that back!

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

if you accept that cheese is allowed (its ds1, so of course it is) the capra demon is really easy. you just sprint for the back staircase, jump onto the little ledge there and kill the two dogs while out of reach from the demon. then bait him into walking below you, lunge attack, sprint back up the stairs and repeat 2-3 times lol

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
that's true and it's not that bad once you know what to do, but if it's your first time through the game and you haven't figured that out yet it's pretty bullshit. you've gotta do like a 60-90 second commute over and over, and then you might not even learn anything on a given attempt because you just get stunlocked by dogs and flattened, or you're too busy fighting with the camera

it's the same reason why bed of chaos is so awful, you just have to trial and error it, hope you don't get swept into a pit by giant swinging tree branches, and then you've gotta figure out exactly how to drop down in the middle without dying. Every attempt involves like a 2 minute runback, one of the worst boss commutes in the whole series

DS1 is still overall my favorite but it's got a few parts that completely discourage me from wanting to play it again, it's a shame they didn't fix some of this stuff when they did the remaster

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

dark souls 1 is my favorite start to finish, and by finish i of course mean the final boss, ornstein and smough, after which there is no more game

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
i just throw poop over the wall

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

well-read undead posted:

dark souls 1 is my favorite start to finish, and by finish i of course mean the final boss, ornstein and smough, after which there is no more game

Having recently beat DS1, that fight is incredibly fun and felt like a real achievement when I beat it

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

did anyone say dork souls yet

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

dork souls lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

dork was seriously wounded, but their soul still burns