Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

So, even if you trade yourself some mega stones, actually being able to mega evolve is still post-game, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Raichu is the only Pokemon to ever manage being overshadowed by itself.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Drifloon destroys Hala really hard wow

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

cheetah7071 posted:

Drifloon destroys Hala really hard wow

So does the Hawlucha some girl trades you for a Spearow.

I mean thanks for the murderbird

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Manatee Cannon posted:

farmable in the way they were in hgss where you had to hope for a rare chansey spawn, then hope it was holding the egg?

that wasn't fun. did make subsequent playthroughs way better tho since I could trade 6 back to my new file

What I hear is you have to SOS chain chanseys until a blissey appears, and then hope the blissey has one you can steal.

Still better than only getting one.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
So how early can I get an Ekans in Ultra Moon

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
mega stones are all still postgame, right?

Strange Quark posted:

route 2

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Strange Quark posted:

Route 2

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Strange Quark posted:

It's the pokemon the game uses to teach you about aggressive/rustling pokemon.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
drat, I guess I should’ve played a bit more after getting to take off my hat. Thanks all.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Classtoise posted:

So does the Hawlucha some girl trades you for a Spearow.

I mean thanks for the murderbird

You can also catch one yourself on part of route 3.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
why am i picking up pokemon poop with my bare hands

why is there a grimer that eats poop in this game

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

cheetah7071 posted:

why am i picking up pokemon poop with my bare hands

why is there a grimer that eats poop in this game

Wynaut?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Colgate posted:

I might take you up on that, but I haven't started UM yet. I've just been looking at who I want to use this time. I'm looking at Litten/Jangmo-O/Roselia/Zubat/Cutiefly/maybe Rockruff.

You get access to the Fire punch tutor on the 2nd island, So Litten's actually a pretty good choice this time around.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Mareep is in the game, sorry Pikachu all that effort I spent getting you was for naught my FLUFFY BOI is here.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

my good friend Buneary can't access her true power until post-game, that's a little disappointing but whatever

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
it turns out the pichu I suffered through was jolly

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
is it still impossible to evolve charjabug until the last route

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Countblanc posted:

is it still impossible to evolve charjabug until the last route

No, the power plant where the electric trial happens counts as a magnetic zone now.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Kurieg posted:

No, the power plant where the electric trial happens counts as a magnetic zone now.

ayy, sick

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Oh my god Rotom wanted to give me a nickname and it was a terrible nickname but I couldn't say no to my little pokedex buddy! It was so proud of it!

I'm really enjoying the expanded rotomdex writing, if you couldn't tell. In SuMo despite having a voice it didn't really feel like much of a character.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

An Own Tempo Rockruff is supposed to evolve into Dusk Lycanroc if it reaches level 25 between 5:00 and 6:00 PM, but is that time the in-game time or the system time? Am I gonna have to get up at gently caress-you o'clock to make it evolve in Ultra Moon?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bongo Bill posted:

An Own Tempo Rockruff is supposed to evolve into Dusk Lycanroc if it reaches level 25 between 5:00 and 6:00 PM, but is that time the in-game time or the system time? Am I gonna have to get up at gently caress-you o'clock to make it evolve in Ultra Moon?

Either that or warp to the alternate world.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

it turns out the pichu I suffered through was jolly

Use pichu to find other pichu faster.

Mine has a neutral nature but bizarrely one less sp atk than atk. Not sure if amazing atk ivs or awful sp atk ivs.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Pichu has a higher Attack than Special Attack.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

So do all the Chu's except Alola Raichu

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

YggiDee posted:

Pichu has a higher Attack than Special Attack.

The Pikachu line's signature move, Volt Tackle, is a physical attack.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

everyone should do the sidequest about exploring the trainer school at night

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Why is Game Freak like this.

Oh well it’s not nearly as big a deal as say Flareon’s stats.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

So could we always go upstairs in the first hotel, the Tide Song? Because I dont remember walking in on an illict meeting in a room before a bellossom muscles me out the door. Also the Z crystal guy

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Peacoffee posted:

So could we always go upstairs in the first hotel, the Tide Song? Because I dont remember walking in on an illict meeting in a room before a Bellsosom muscles me out the door. Also the Z crystal guy

Nope. The sidequest is pretty cute too.

They added a ton of small vignettes/sidequests to this version. Its kinda weird how many there are.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

OgretailFood posted:

everyone should do the sidequest about exploring the trainer school at night

When is that unlocked and where do I take it? It sounds fun.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Blaze Dragon posted:

When is that unlocked and where do I take it? It sounds fun.
After beating Hala. Just talk to the youngster in the mantine surf spot on Melemele island

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I have completed my quest to obtain all of the sun/moon default male clothing.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Holy poo poo the ditto sidequest is amazing.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alkydere posted:

Togedemaru is the Pikachu Knockoff that can actually stand up for itself. Decent stats, decent typing since it's part steel, decent ability that punishes physical attackers. Also it's an adorable mouse-orb. Though I feel the superior steel-ball rodent in Gen VII is Ice-Shrew: the living curling stone. Shame Ice-Slash loses the cuteness though it still is a solid pokemon.

Agree with you 100% on Raichu though. Ever since Gen 1, Pikachu has been the star of the show. From Ash's Pikachu beating up Lt. Surge's Raichu, to losing your buddy on the map if you ever dare evolve Pikachu in Yellow, to Pikachu getting a special snowflake hold item to make it nice and strong to all sorts of costume Pikachus. It's about damned time Raichu got something.

My man, have you heard of hedgehogs?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I was able to evolve my Rockruff at 5:50 today because I shoved three festival plaza meals and three rare candies down its throat :moonrio:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

do ultrasumo and regular share a GTS?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Super No Vacancy posted:

do ultrasumo and regular share a GTS?

They clearly don't share a wonder trade. Besides a level 100 shiny Zekrom that's clearly trying to advertise a Youtube channel, i'm getting jackshit in trades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

being able to pet random Pokemon in the world is a great addition