Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

It almost doesn't matter if this is true or not because the government would never admit it. It would destroy public confidence in government, generally.

better to let that happen slowly over the next 8 years until it's normalized and nobody gives a gently caress anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Democracy had it's run. Just funnel 100% of the discretionary budget into developing strong AI and let the Minds take over.

We might get Skynet instead of Culture Minds but eh, almost as good and we got it coming.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

At least Trump listens to the vets...

https://twitter.com/votevets/status/874599756143755264

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

lol, now I wanna know why they got blocked.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Isn't it illegal to block citizens from being able to communicate to you? Like isn't that 1st amendment or somewhere else in the constitution?

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

vyst posted:

Isn't it illegal to block citizens from being able to communicate to you? Like isn't that 1st amendment or somewhere else in the constitution?

Trump's gotta Trump

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the alt right would be way scarier if they actually had a great leader type to rally around. but, lacking a fascist strong-man they instead turned to a pudding-brain baby-man which is a good lol.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

vyst posted:

There is a court case being put together about that

Theoretically it would only apply to @potus and not @realdonaldtrump however. Or maybe not. Who knows! The future is a wild loving ride.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the alt right would be way scarier if they actually had a great leader type to rally around. but, lacking a fascist strong-man they instead turned to a pudding-brain baby-man which is a good lol.

One of the few things I recall from high school chemistry is that "like likes like"... seems appropriate here.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

vyst posted:

Normally of course, when you get blocked or banned on a website it isn't a 1st Amendment issue.

However it may very well be unconstitutional for Donny to block people on Twitter and lawsuits are being prepared as we speak.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Careful Drums posted:

Troll Team Six

You rang?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I don't believe donnie knows are cares about blocking people on twitter.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

:pray:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

*wakes up into existence, in america*
*parents shriek at them about immigrants and freedom and being a patriot, all their lives*
*grows up to post on 4chan and reddit and attend anti-antifa rallies*

*thinks this is ok, and not brainwashing*

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Democracy had it's run. Just funnel 100% of the discretionary budget into developing strong AI and let the Minds take over.

We might get Skynet instead of Culture Minds but eh, almost as good and we got it coming.

Ahem, that would be constitutional republic, thankyouverymuch.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

FuhrerHat posted:

*wakes up into existence, in america*
*parents shriek at them about immigrants and freedom and being a patriot, all their lives*
*grows up to post on 4chan and reddit and attend anti-antifa rallies*

*thinks this is ok, and not brainwashing*

Same, except the coordinated media campaign to promote a fundamentally unlikeable neoliberal lizard queen

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Same, except the coordinated media campaign to promote a fundamentally unlikeable neoliberal lizard queen

oh i see, youre still mad.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Gallup has his disapproval rating at a record high of 60% as of today.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

FuhrerHat posted:

oh i see, youre still mad.

Why would I be mad? She lost.

Or do you mean Bernie, who would have won

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

LOL if you don't look at what our Britbros just did and still think Bernie wouldn't have won.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Why would I be mad? She lost.

Or do you mean Bernie, who would have won

Then why talk about her?

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Remember when Trump claimed he saved jobs and Carrier got a 7 million dollar tax break?

600 people are getting laid off next month :hmbol:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Bholder posted:

Then why talk about her?

Because in a conversation about brainwashing, examples of total media control are relevant

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Uh oh, Trump and Putin aren't going to like this

https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/874469983870472192

not one bit

https://twitter.com/MarkLGoldberg/status/874641169778475008

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Skypie posted:

Remember when Trump claimed he saved jobs and Carrier got a 7 million dollar tax break?

600 people are getting laid off next month :hmbol:

So much for global warming :smug:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

someone make a meme of that ghost from zelda and give him a gavel and robe or something and just paste it 10000 times in this thread

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

quote:

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis on Monday underscored the distrust between Moscow and Washington, telling the House Armed Services Committee that he’s seen nothing to indicate that Russian President Vladimir Putin is interested in cooperation with the United States.

“Mr. Putin has chosen to be a strategic competitor,” Mattis said.

The one sane person in this administration is named Mad Dog lol

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

mono posted:

The one sane person in this administration is named Mad Dog lol

The nickname is why he got the job

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Don't Quote Oxballs

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Bob NewSCART posted:

Don't Quote Oxballs

I've found pretty much everyone here who has been assigned a MAGA avatar is either an insufferable troll, detached from reality, a neverending contrarian, or just a plain hateful prick. They're sucking up all of the lols in this great thread.

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hell yeah I want to see an anti-Russia bill go veto-proof through and watch Trump whine about it

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Catastrophe posted:

I've found pretty much everyone here who has been assigned a MAGA avatar is either an insufferable troll, detached from reality, a neverending contrarian, or just a plain hateful prick. They're sucking up all of the lols in this great thread.

Someone buy this guy an av

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
10 minutes until part 2 of the fall of trump

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Careful Drums posted:

Hell yeah I want to see an anti-Russia bill go veto-proof through and watch Trump whine about it

It'll be the fault of those OBSTRUCTING DEMOCRATS = resist!

Teikanmi posted:

10 minutes until part 2 of the fall of trump

CSPAN says 2:15

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Careful Drums posted:

I'd rather see him veto a bill that sanctions Russia given his entire cabinet has an investigation underway.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
You might remember a time, back before the election, when we all still lived in the real world and Donald Trump was an unhinged conspiracy theorist. Nearing rock bottom in the polls, wheeling off helplessly down the one-way chute of defeat, Trump began making a series of increasingly implausible claims: The election was a fix; shadowy foreign actors were colluding with elements within the deep state to put their puppet in the White House; media organizations were polluting the country with their lies and distortions; the whole country was about to suffer a soft coup, maybe bloodless, maybe not. If Clinton won, he said, he might not accept the legitimacy of the result, and people were horrified by this suggestion. 

Every principle of representative democracy seemed under threat and all because one jumped-up narcissist and his limp, frothing coterie couldn’t deal with not getting everything they ever wanted. Defeat, past or imminent, does strange things to people. They get desperate, they try to grab hold of any explanation that won’t incriminate themselves, they tear through their own skin looking for stab wounds in the back. It’s understandable.

Loll

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Catastrophe posted:

i got you bro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IrE6FMpai8

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Quick pre-game on the Sessions hearing:

As I understand it: Session has now admitting meeting with Russian representatives two times. But supposedly there is information that either proves or at least indicates that there were more than two meetings. The committee met with a leader in the NSA last night, possibly (probably?) to see evidence of the additional meeting(s). They are going to ask Sessions today if he had more meetings with the Russians, and he is either going to have to admit to them, or risk perjuring himself. He's already technically perjured himself at least once and theoretically the "oh, that slipped my mind" defense isn't going to work forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

^^^^^

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/13/politics/sessions-what-to-watch/index.html