Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Large Testicles posted:

i started playing wow again last week after not playing for like 8 years. i actually really liked the plot and game play of this latest expansion. i know it's super loving shameful though but it's actually made me less depressed recently

I've been playing ff14 and its been quite pleasant playing through the story and ignoring the existence of other players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

microsoft is putting calloduty on gamepass, thereby making the ps5 version the only one that will actually make any money

I don't get why they spent 50 bil on activision then immediately chopped off most of their sales for service revenue that everyone knows isn't scaling like they hope

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

The Fool posted:

I've been playing ff14 and its been quite pleasant playing through the story and ignoring the existence of other players

i did that a while ago and had like multiple max level classes, i'll come back when the next xpac comes out

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

qirex posted:

microsoft is putting calloduty on gamepass, thereby making the ps5 version the only one that will actually make any money

I don't get why they spent 50 bil on activision then immediately chopped off most of their sales for service revenue that everyone knows isn't scaling like they hope

they just need a platform to sell cosmetics on

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

qirex posted:

do they care? as noted by many yosposters, they're making all their money with business fleecing and boiling the oceans with ai.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

do they care? as noted by many yosposters, they're making all their money with business fleecing and boiling the oceans with ai.
and yet they've been on a spree of closing studios, including half of arkane

their eventual goal is to make gamepass so unstoppable that sony and nintendo have to support it and they have none of the expense or risk of launching new hardware but I don't think it's going to work

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Large Testicles posted:

i did that a while ago and had like multiple max level classes, i'll come back when the next xpac comes out

only a few more weeks!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
rumors are that most of the company was taken by surprise when the games division was allowed to spend 69 billion US dollars and now they are demanding it be paid back asap

and yeah gamepass is a classic "we'll make it up in scale" business plan

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

haveblue posted:

rumors are that most of the company was taken by surprise when the games division was allowed to spend $69 billion dollars and now they are demanding it be paid back asap
it's not like the games division has ever really had to be accountable for their performance for the last 25 years so this probably is a bit of a shocker

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Sagebrush posted:

they clearly do, most of the more recent game studio closures have been affiliated with microsoft. lots of them also shipped stuff recently. seems they're trying to spend as little money as possible rn

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

MrQueasy posted:

I didn’t like the beginning of dead money, but once you get into it it’s good up until you have to figure out how to exit and I just kept getting lost
and exploding.
same but for ikea

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Kenny Logins posted:

same but for ikea

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Kenny Logins posted:

same but for ikea

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Kenny Logins posted:

same but for ikea

You could do a whole genre of 'Waking up in a huge endless Scandinavian Store and having to learn to live there'

Call it IsIKEA...

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
lonesome road was super mid.

and mildly racist somehow?

the presence of Mormons who kick rear end for Mormo was also enh.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

honest hearts is the mormon one, lonesome road is the last one. but also yeah it's mid outside of what's his name (the main character, the bandages guy) and two bears highfiving

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

qirex posted:

my guess is they hope players get hooked on whatever game(s) and then when they eventually shut GP down they get a big old burst of revenue for that quarter

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

isn't there a lot of dlc poo poo for those games too though? i think that's how they thought they were gonna make money originally, like fortnite

even poo poo like the newest yakuza had it so if you wanted to do NG+ you either had to buy the ultimate edition or the DLC

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

quiggy posted:

honest hearts is the mormon one, lonesome road is the last one. but also yeah it's mid outside of what's his name (the main character, the bandages guy) and two bears highfiving

it's so mid I couldn't even be bothered to get the name right.

Also, Two Bears was a much better Weird West than whatever one of my companions shouted right as I died in Blood Money and I never heard again.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

cjs: playing some Turok 2, the nightdive PC port. played the poo poo outta this when i was a kid on N64, the port is pretty dope, looks good runs smooth and adds a fair amount of qol stuff.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
i dont recall if i posted it itt but you can play ur from rimworld online

https://royalur.net

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Pile Of Garbage posted:

cjs: playing some Turok 2, the nightdive PC port. played the poo poo outta this when i was a kid on N64, the port is pretty dope, looks good runs smooth and adds a fair amount of qol stuff.

is the cerebral bore still as awesome and gruesome as ever?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Sagebrush posted:

the cerebral bore

:ironicat:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

looooooool

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lmfao

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
:rackem:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

get his rear end

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

my god, man, he had a family

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

welp, time to close the thread

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

homeworld 3 appears to be reviewing badly

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I think that’s because it sucks, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

The Fool posted:

homeworld 3 appears to be reviewing badly

haven't been able to parse out yet whether this is because it is bad or because it does not live up to what people remember homeworld being. haven't played it myself tho