Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So obviously it was very controversial when it came out for myriad good reasons but now with the updates they did, is Shadows of Change worth a purchase hypothetically? I'd probably not play the changeling, would be more likely to play the launch Tzeentch lord or Vilitch and use whatever crossover units he has access to, the other two new faction lords are more appealing and I'd probably play them over the launch ones. Are the units and Legendary heroes they added useful/fun/interetsing?

I'll probably not buy it for awhile anyway, wait until it goes on sale or something. I was just curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Tzeentch new units kick rear end as well as their little halberd hero on a disk.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Third World Reagan posted:

I like tzeentch warriors

I like the colors
I like the weapons
I like the armor detail

I hate playing any tzeentch in this game

My WoC game I was nominally undivided but I was hard on all the tzeentch units.

e: Ooo the Age of Reckoning hotfix is live. Probably too far into my Malakai game for it to make much of a difference, but it's certainly welcome.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Patch notes on the hotfix:
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1142710/view/4168721672812769674

There’s more stuff in here than the previous couple of hotfixes. The frost wyrm model was shrunk down to make it less vulnerable. Goodbye, overpowered Dwarf grapeshot.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 15:57 on May 14, 2024

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Forgot cost based army caps was on, got into a military alliance, gotta restart the turn again

Got half of cathay done though. Just iron dragon and gold guy left to take out.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Grapeshot got nerfed. Thunderbarges actually take damage now too.

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

thebardyspoon posted:

So obviously it was very controversial when it came out for myriad good reasons but now with the updates they did, is Shadows of Change worth a purchase hypothetically? I'd probably not play the changeling, would be more likely to play the launch Tzeentch lord or Vilitch and use whatever crossover units he has access to, the other two new faction lords are more appealing and I'd probably play them over the launch ones. Are the units and Legendary heroes they added useful/fun/interetsing?

I'll probably not buy it for awhile anyway, wait until it goes on sale or something. I was just curious.

The 2024 Warhammer Skulls event is on May 23rd, and they usually have pretty big discounts on steam, so it may be worth it to wait until then and see if it's on sale

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Steam tanks with hellblasters don’t double dip from both steam tank and hellblaster armory upgrades anymore either.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Tried hochland long rifles for the first time in campaign. Holy hell. Trained them both on the necromancer lord I was fighting and kapow.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Frost wyrms seem to be adjusted to be like upgraded leopards. A hefty bonus vs large and a decrease to the amount of targets they can splash to. Plus, they're like half the size they used to be.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Ravenfood posted:

Frost wyrms seem to be adjusted to be like upgraded leopards. A hefty bonus vs large and a decrease to the amount of targets they can splash to. Plus, they're like half the size they used to be.

They seem like solid anti-MI now, curious to try them out.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Enigma posted:

Steam tanks with hellblasters don’t double dip from both steam tank and hellblaster armory upgrades anymore either.

goddammit fuckin dead game!!

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Enigma posted:

boooooo

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

thebardyspoon posted:

personally I really like the additions to the roster and Yuan Bo is the best Cathayan lord mechanics-wise.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Gonna respectfully, once again, ask that CA move the Iron Dragon far away from Cathay. Pop his rear end in Norsca or something stupid. The best thing about Yuan Bo is that he isn't in Snoresville, USA.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

jokes posted:

Gonna respectfully, once again, ask that CA move the Iron Dragon far away from Cathay. Pop his rear end in Norsca or something stupid. The best thing about Yuan Bo is that he isn't in Snoresville, USA.

Not now that Gelt is there! You can't separate those bros.

E: I haven't played Dwarfs since Thorek and figuring out what I want in terms of a lord is bugging me. It feels like runepriests are the best option but daemonslayers seem fancy and new.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 01:52 on May 15, 2024

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

jokes posted:

I think the Iron Dragon is fine where he is, but he needs faction mechanic pushes that make the caravans super clutch and heavily incentivize him to clear out west instead of taking part in the Cathay Confederation. He should be all about making the spice flow, with greasus as a frenemy, and ghorst/kug as his immediate targets. Eshin needs to go somewhere else for that though, you can't have that piece of poo poo gaining momentum right at your back, and I think it would be cooler for Eshin to be about getting to Cathay instead of starting there. It made sense at the start of IE, but it's feeling a bit eh now. Maybe push him down into Ind when they expand that map out.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
just get the immortal empires expanded mod and there's plenty to do in Cathay, it adds like 100 more settlements to the east in not-Japan, not-Korea, not-India, etc. There are other mods that add more legendary lords to those areas too to keep it more interesting than just fighting generic factions.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I decided to try Elspeth's start again because someone said they were having trouble with Vlad around turn 40 and I'm a weirdo who likes trying to optimize the perfect starting sequence. I had his army wiped on turn 10 and took castle drakenhoff on turn 18 I think it was. I got lucky with enemy movement a few times to do this and thoroughly abused artillery in siege battles that otherwise would have been unwinnable but I slowed down after and went back to recruit other stuff and do a couple quest battles and also have Drycha dead around turn 30. Elspeth is going to help Katarin now and the second stack I'm recruiting is going to go south to help the dwarves down there I think. Vlad himself isn't really that hard to kill, you have a bunch of guns so shoot him with them.

E: I guess I should say this was on very hard. I had the vampires you start hostile with recruited their second lord in Wissenburg I think it's called so that fight was harder but let me take Pielfdorf immediately after and I also got a fight where I was able to wipe out a 3/4 full stack of Vlad's and the Templehoff garrison at once as it reinforced in the open. My first fight with Vlad was me storming Wittenburg the turn after he took it. You can really manipulate the AI in sieges and make it much easier than it should be.

GokuGoesSSj69 fucked around with this message at 08:32 on May 15, 2024

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

TaintedBalance posted:

I think the Iron Dragon is fine where he is, but he needs faction mechanic pushes that make the caravans super clutch and heavily incentivize him to clear out west instead of taking part in the Cathay Confederation. He should be all about making the spice flow, with greasus as a frenemy, and ghorst/kug as his immediate targets. Eshin needs to go somewhere else for that though, you can't have that piece of poo poo gaining momentum right at your back, and I think it would be cooler for Eshin to be about getting to Cathay instead of starting there. It made sense at the start of IE, but it's feeling a bit eh now. Maybe push him down into Ind when they expand that map out.

Yeah basically this. The Ogrehaul will help a lot as well in terms of making his bonuses to leveraging Ogre mercenaries actually worth doing.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Ravenfood posted:

E: I haven't played Dwarfs since Thorek and figuring out what I want in terms of a lord is bugging me. It feels like runepriests are the best option but daemonslayers seem fancy and new.

I decided to pick up Belegar after not playing them since WH2 and am having a great time. I play with the mod that allows you to recruit the legendary lords of other factions so I usually am running them but otherwise runelords seem the most powerful. That said I think you can dominate with any of the lord options.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Jamwad Hilder posted:

just get the immortal empires expanded mod and there's plenty to do in Cathay, it adds like 100 more settlements to the east in not-Japan, not-Korea, not-India, etc. There are other mods that add more legendary lords to those areas too to keep it more interesting than just fighting generic factions.

what factions are those?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

there is a mod that adds a beastmen / ind faction

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3242826478

or nippon

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3221559618

and a few others

Just search for IEE

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

I decided to try Elspeth's start again because someone said they were having trouble with Vlad around turn 40 and I'm a weirdo who likes trying to optimize the perfect starting sequence. I had his army wiped on turn 10 and took castle drakenhoff on turn 18 I think it was. I got lucky with enemy movement a few times to do this and thoroughly abused artillery in siege battles that otherwise would have been unwinnable but I slowed down after and went back to recruit other stuff and do a couple quest battles and also have Drycha dead around turn 30. Elspeth is going to help Katarin now and the second stack I'm recruiting is going to go south to help the dwarves down there I think. Vlad himself isn't really that hard to kill, you have a bunch of guns so shoot him with them.

E: I guess I should say this was on very hard. I had the vampires you start hostile with recruited their second lord in Wissenburg I think it's called so that fight was harder but let me take Pielfdorf immediately after and I also got a fight where I was able to wipe out a 3/4 full stack of Vlad's and the Templehoff garrison at once as it reinforced in the open. My first fight with Vlad was me storming Wittenburg the turn after he took it. You can really manipulate the AI in sieges and make it much easier than it should be.

This is basically my last Elspeth start, clearing the starting province then just beelining straight to Sylvania in the opening turns. He only gets harder to deal with over time, just beheading Sylvania before it's a half dozen stacks stuffed with levelled up vampires is the best call

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Newest WTF bug: When I have WH3 launcher or game open, the mouse cursor moves up and to the right continuously. This stops as soon as I tab or exit out.

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

How does the new slayer attribute interact with buffs to weapon strength? Does the weapon strength not go down after the buff expires, does the buff not work at all, or do the buffs work normally. I'll test it after work, but somebody let me know.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Jeff the Mediocre posted:

How does the new slayer attribute interact with buffs to weapon strength? Does the weapon strength not go down after the buff expires, does the buff not work at all, or do the buffs work normally. I'll test it after work, but somebody let me know.
I did some testing and I think when the buff ends their WS returns to normal. They just seem immune to debuffs. It also seems like they are immune to them, not just given a floor beyond which they cannot drop (ie, a buff and a debuff of equal strength don't cancel each other out, they get the buff but not the debuff).

Also, how they handled the Silver Pinnacle is cool as hell and imo should definitely be applied to other landmarks, most notably K8P. It really feels like you've settled in the upper regions and as you delve down you are just flushing out the Undead buried there. You could do the same with K8P and just make the higher tiers of the landmark spawn skaven and greenskin enemies at different tiers.

Other Skaven territories like Hellpit and Skavenblight probably should as well, tbh.

E: and Mordheim! That landmark needs to be bigger/better. Imo it's the best part of Sigmar's Heirs and I'd probably use it as a standalone if it was available.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 14:55 on May 15, 2024

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Tankbuster posted:

what factions are those?

Haven't tried these, I was thinking of this one, it adds 16 unique factions with their own mechanics to the IEE map:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3236567583

E: that Ind one in particular looks sick, going to have to add that

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 14:34 on May 15, 2024

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

terrorist ambulance posted:

This is basically my last Elspeth start, clearing the starting province then just beelining straight to Sylvania in the opening turns. He only gets harder to deal with over time, just beheading Sylvania before it's a half dozen stacks stuffed with levelled up vampires is the best call

I kind of regret not doing this in my gelt game actually. I ended up spreading out into Brettonia once Marianburg fell (and managed to keep the lady alive by gifting her settlements up to the vampire settlement there, she's now stuck in that once province but gives me good knights).

But I probably could have just ran straight to Sylvania and set up residence there, seems like a good spot for Gelt. He's next to his dwarf buddies, he can go exploring for fight off the chaos from the north and its a decent seat. You'd also be showing up with Gelt and the "kill everyone with spells" army so the vamps would probably die to army losses before they got close.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

SirPhoebos posted:

Newest WTF bug: When I have WH3 launcher or game open, the mouse cursor moves up and to the right continuously. This stops as soon as I tab or exit out.

If it's anything like the problem I had (where the cursor just glues to the top left): If you're playing on Steam, click the little controller icon (where you'd click to start up the game normally) and disable steam input or whatever it is.

I'm at work so I'm doing this from memory, but I can give more detailed instructions later.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

New one - loading an autosave returned me to the title screen, then completing a battle also returned me to the title screen

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Haven't tried these, I was thinking of this one, it adds 16 unique factions with their own mechanics to the IEE map:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3236567583

E: that Ind one in particular looks sick, going to have to add that

Lol that I have both of these. Thanks anyways :)

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I like that Ind one. They're just state troop.reskins but still nice variety

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

thought I would retry markus wolfheart

you don't get the new units from shipments, I think

also I forgot cathay is here so it would be super easy

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I started a Tamurkhan campaign just before the new patch dropped, pretty fun, pretty easy. I did the quest battle for Nuln and the Empire troops just seemed to break really easily, making the battle a bit of a pushover. When the Beastmen reinforcements turned up they didn't really have a chance to do anything... still, nice to get a Heroic Victory from a Decisive Defeat!

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Oh hey, steal technology is stacking lol

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Third World Reagan posted:

campaigns I want to play but have not yet

Grimgor frees the orks
Norsca against the world
Norsca against chaos
Kislev the wall

Some tzeentch guy that isn't the changeling

Perhaps this video I made of a Tzeentch all mage stack I made will help. For it to work for you you'll need to be skilled enough to download the AI control mod and then turn on the AI on while you punch cones and watch the pretty lights.

Any combination works. Iridescent horrors are fun because they've got their ranged attack but an all chaos sorcerer of tzeeentch stack is the most OP. Cultists are fun because they bring an entire two armies worth of summons with them and one of their summons also spams tzeentch spells.

https://i.imgur.com/jXv7q3M.mp4

jpparker55
Jun 4, 2007

jokes posted:

They should tune the great wall invasions up massively, to the point the AI will almost certainly cave and the invasion spills over from multiple chaos factions. It would make the area so much more interesting. It would also make playing the northern provinces more interesting, considering how insanely strong they are that chaos is zero threat.

As it is Cathay is boooooooooooring. Absolute order powerhouses and a skaven race the AI can't use properly.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
One thing that does make the Cathay part of the world more interesting is that Tamurkhan is just as scary and as big of a steamroller in the hands of the AI as he is with a player. Having him roll out of the mountains with like 6 stacks, turning the ground into barf, is a lot to deal with. Nurgle armies are a real slog to fight too and I usually lose a few provinces to them before I can turn it around. Worst thing is he takes forever to defeat too, because if you want to fully get rid of him you have to march through the mountains all the way up to the chaos wastes because he usually has like 20 settlements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

you have walls for a reason op