Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

PostNouveau posted:

I'm starting to have negative reactions to anyone who calls themselves "progressive" instead of like "leftist" or something.

I think this is the first step to 5 years down the road me being like "Anyone who isn't a dedicated third-world Maoist is Trot scum!"

Same, I'm in a few self-described "progressive" groups that are deeply and probably permenatly brainwormed with lib poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I didn't know Felix was vegetarian.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Bust Rodd posted:

He’s specifically addressing the toxic 3rd wave feminists who developed a swollen death cult around her, it would nuke their brains and make Twitter unusable for a few days, which is a good thing.
I'm not on Twitter much, but from what I've seen, those people are crazy enough that they'll have no trouble rationalizing it. I've seen a couple accounts in the "Radical Anarcho Riot Witch" mold that were rabidly pro-Biden under the rationale that this particular old white guy is the key to getting a bunch of women elected.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Please don't conflate the twitumblr crowd with third way feminism itself they really don't understand most of the stolen terminology whatsoever.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Is Warren's death cult less TERFy than Harris'?

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

net work error posted:

same

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Halloween Jack posted:

Is Warren's death cult less TERFy than Harris'?

It honestly depends on whether or not Charlotte Clymer is the main tweet or in the comments

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
A lot of "progressives" are just 19th-century progressives. Woodrow Wilson Democrats.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

So is everyone just going to call the political teams they don't like "death cults" forever now because holy poo poo that trend is annoying as gently caress.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1252697454610350080

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Pryor on Fire posted:

So is everyone just going to call the political teams they don't like "death cults" forever now because holy poo poo that trend is annoying as gently caress.

Calling things death cults encourages death cults to form, thus being itself a death cult. Makes you think.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/timeoutalexc/status/1252642276486131712?s=20

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/thepatrickwalsh/status/421435512612589569

lmao Ben Shapiro's sister

https://twitter.com/classicallyabby/status/1252444253353115648

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 21, 2020

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Pryor on Fire posted:

:frogout:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...things-n1188911

quote:

Texas Lt. Gov Dan Patrick doubled down on the controversial comments he previously made regarding the coronavirus pandemic, telling Fox News on Monday that Americans had to “take some risks” in reopening the economy.

Patrick was heavily criticized last month after he suggested in an interview with Fox News’ Tucker Carlson that he and other senior citizens might be willing to die in order to save the U.S. economy. The Texas official stood by his statements in a new interview with Carlson on Monday night, saying that “we are crushing the economy.”

“ And what I said when I was with you that night, there are more important things than living. And that’s saving this country for my children, and my grandchildren and saving this country for all of us,” Patrick said Monday night.

He went on to say he didn’t want to die, but that “we got to take some risks and get back in the game, and get this country back up and running.”

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Emotionally dominating Ben Shapiro's sister by making her watch movies I know she will hate is my new fetish

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pharmaskittle posted:

Emotionally dominating Ben Shapiro's sister by making her watch movies I know she will hate is my new fetish

It's funny after she failed to be a lifestyle blogger type that she's made the conversative youtuber turn.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

Cum town rules, at first I was repulsed by them but now I think they're the funniest podcast around, I love it.

it's stav's cackle. the first time you hear it it's disgusting but by the tenth time it's wonderful

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pryor on Fire posted:

The GOP is a death cult though.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

*points at seagull*

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is there a clip somewhere of Stav's story about his grandpa and his rare bird collection

Dick Valentine
Nov 4, 2009

Pharmaskittle posted:

Reading SuperMechaGodzilla posts out loud to Abby Shapiro while she sobs in the corner of my basement dungeon.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Heath posted:

Is there a clip somewhere of Stav's story about his grandpa and his rare bird collection

It's from the tail end of the hot couch episode if that helps.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

net work error posted:

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1073361038341521408

For a while, if you followed Felix and Glenn Greenwald at the same time, they would share eachothers' videos of happy farm animals or post weepy posts about pet pigs (Not even as like religious observance, but rather actual disgust about such creatures being slaughtered for their meat) and so on, and once in a while you could see Felix argue about his disgust on some media stuff based on how much farm animals were slaughtered to provide x or y service or social media apparatus.

He doesn't quite hide it but he isn't the type to go "Oh yeah I'm vegetarian".

Kunster fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 21, 2020

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Yes I understand where the term came from, and in the past week I've heard everyone from Ellen DeGeneres viewers to Motley Crue fans referred to as "death cults" by people who don't like said groups. I think this stupid loving saying is nearing harlem shake status.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Pryor on Fire posted:

Yes I understand where the term came from, and in the past week I've heard everyone from Ellen DeGeneres viewers to Motley Crue fans referred to as "death cults" by people who don't like said groups. I think this stupid loving saying is nearing harlem shake status.

Cope

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Pryor on Fire posted:

The Republican Party is genuinely a death cult though, and the Democratic Party is following their lead.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Pryor on Fire posted:

What would you call it when people are willing to die based on nothing besides their leaders telling them it is a good idea? Republicans are pretty open about the fact that they know going back to work will result in millions dead, many of them included, they don't care.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
They don’t think they’re the ones who are going to suffer so the GOP is more of a murder cult.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Kunster posted:

For a while, if you followed Felix and Glenn Greenwald at the same time, they would share eachothers' videos of happy farm animals or post weepy posts about pet pigs (Not even as like religious observance, but rather actual disgust about such creatures being slaughtered for their meat) and so on, and once in a while you could see Felix argue about his disgust on some media stuff based on how much farm animals were slaughtered to provide x or y service or social media apparatus.

i have never considered myself a vegetarian or vegan but the climate change stuff definitely has me thinking maybe it's time to cut back on meat

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Amber just got called schlubby in an article in The Times and she is going full Koopa mode

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
You know what, I'll be the first to say it: Amber is good

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Crindee posted:

Amber just got called schlubby in an article in The Times and she is going full Koopa mode

meanwhile...

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Heath posted:

You know what, I'll be the first to say it: Amber is good

Her joke in the TrueAnon ep made me lol while I was driving.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

Why does Will think being Biden's VP would be some kind of punishment for Warren and her supporters? She's a soulless careerist, and her supporters are a couple notches less crazy than the KHive people. They'd be yass kweening every corporate bailout.

Yeah that was an extremely dumb take

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Kunster posted:

How do you meet macros without chicken idgi

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

net work error posted:

How do you meet macros without chicken idgi

Beans and rice probably

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Everyone cracking up at the president cheeto joke had me rolling. It reminded me, of all things, of the king of the hill where Bobby is finally worn down by ray jay johnson

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Anybody else get the feeling that Virgil is going to turn heel and we're going to get an article in the Atlantic called something like "The Hypocrisy of the Dirtbag Left" where he's their primary source. And then he gets a job at 538 or something lol

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Those constant hypotheticals can't be healthy. I'd hate imagining my friends turn on me on the turn of a dime because of the mighty pressures of being a successful podcast host.