Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Andrast posted:

That comp could probably use a tanky flier like Subaki, Valter or Minerva with fury3 instead of Lnd.

How does Michalis compare to Minerva as a tank? He's coming up as the next GHB, ostensibly.

(I'm having a hard time deciding on my own flier team, Cordelia + Elincia seems obvious, the other two slots are kind of hanging out in limbo. I could run Minerva but Michalis seems to be a better fit?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Minerva owns, run Minerva

My flier team is Minerva/Cherche/Shanna/Palla which sounds absolutely horrible but can usually get the job done

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Emalde posted:

How does Michalis compare to Minerva as a tank? He's coming up as the next GHB, ostensibly.

(I'm having a hard time deciding on my own flier team, Cordelia + Elincia seems obvious, the other two slots are kind of hanging out in limbo. I could run Minerva but Michalis seems to be a better fit?)

Michalis has a slight edge on all other stats but is quite bit slower. Minerva is better imo since she gets to 36 spd with fury 3, which actually quite a lot with flier buffs. Not being doubled is great for tanky units.

Fury 3/qr/Bonfire makes Minerva into a really good enemy phase unit.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Defense ploy on a Cordelia running with Eirika, yes or no?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Defense ploy on a Cordelia running with Eirika, yes or no?

Cordy doesn’t have the res for it

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Andrast posted:

Michalis has a slight edge on all other stats but is quite bit slower. Minerva is better imo since she gets to 36 spd with fury 3, which actually quite a lot with flier buffs. Not being doubled is great for tanky units.

Fury 3/qr/Bonfire makes Minerva into a really good enemy phase unit.

Does this mean my +HP/-RES Minerva has an actual calling to life? Or should I go ahead and use the +ATK/-DEF one anyway :v:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
I still can't decide what to do with my two Halloween Henries, +Spd/-Res and -Atk/+Def. I'm not sure which one to use and what build to go on them (Blade, Owl, or Raven).

I already have an Armor Emblem Team of Hector, Black Knight, Effie, and Amelia, and I don't really feel like replacing either green with him (unless someone can convince me otherwise).

Right now I'm leaning towards a Raven+, TA3, Bowbreaker build so I have another Brave Lyn and Reinhardt counter for Arena Assault but don't want to commit the feathers for a tome until I get some feedback

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Emalde posted:

Does this mean my +HP/-RES Minerva has an actual calling to life? Or should I go ahead and use the +ATK/-DEF one anyway :v:

My Minerva is -ATK/+RES and she does great work so I imagine both of those natures working just fine.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Andrast posted:

Cordy doesn’t have the res for it

I'm kinda stuck on the C Slot then. Buffs are a waste and threatens don't work because she's not meant to be in attack range.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I'm kinda stuck on the C Slot then. Buffs are a waste and threatens don't work because she's not meant to be in attack range.

Buffs and spurs are always good

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I have a +spd/-def Minerva that still has LaD because I can't get any Fury 3s and I found out during the flier gauntlet that she beats a default loadout Lucina if the Lucina initiates, even though she still didn't have a special at the time

Minerva owns

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Andrast posted:

Buffs and spurs are always good

Eirika generates +3/+4/+4 (rally) /+4 on her lonesome. I get that obviously there will be circumstances where Cordy can buff where Eirika can't, but it feels like a wasted slot.

I don't find spurs that helpful because of their positioning requirements. If drives were more common I'd be all up in that.

Bah, if only Blucina wasn't so good.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Eirika generates +3/+4/+4 (rally) /+4 on her lonesome. I get that obviously there will be circumstances where Cordy can buff where Eirika can't, but it feels like a wasted slot.

I don't find spurs that helpful because of their positioning requirements. If drives were more common I'd be all up in that.

Bah, if only Blucina wasn't so good.

Spurs are better than ever right now since you want to have units adjacent to each other anyway for ally support.

They work best for buffing your baiters imo since it’s very easy to position them.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i just watched the video series of sakura waifu guy pulling on the halloween banner. this poo poo is fuckin cursed

Emalde
May 3, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

i just watched the video series of sakura waifu guy pulling on the halloween banner. this poo poo is fuckin cursed

:rip: kojei if you see this. rip you and your 250 orbs thrown chasing sakunyan

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Emalde posted:

Michalis is cool, but he isn't coming back till the 26th I believe (and he's around for a short time only the 26-30th whereas Ursula was a full week). Michalis has higher attack/def/HP than Minerva, but less Speed/Res. Minerva is decently bulky once you remove LAD, but I do think their custom weapon works better wtih Michalis's higher defense (it makes Bonfire/Ignis rapid and scary). I think a lot of it would come down to playstyle. Would you prefer a more offensive or defensive heroe for that next slot? I'm running Elincia/Cordelia now as well. I want to run a distant defense camilla, but I have no hector for fodder, so I've been running Michalis quite a bit who I use to bait units while Cordelia/Elincia come in hot afterwards. I use my flier team for fun, they are not my primary arena team by any means, so I don't have too much experience with them from that aspect. Check out this guys post who loves running flier emblem so much that he wrote a 40 page post in google docs.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

I want a hard enemy phase unit, so more defensive for sure. I actually also really want to run a distant def/counter Camilla, but that's not even remotely an option currently, so :v:

Probably H!Nowi in my final slot just for a ranged option of some sort, bladetome etc etc until the other two seasonals (or a more interesting christmas one) rolls around.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

If you guys still want a Halloween Henry today's probably as good a day as any :v:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The White Dragon posted:

speaking of which:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcUR6D99o6I

Sakura beats C&L

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

gonna reach tier 19 this week, for the first time :toot:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I finally dropped out of t19 after bouncing between 19 and 20 for the last several months without spending a single duelling crest

I'd need a deathless rub to go back up and I cbf with these fuckin trash bonus units

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Getting into t20 is nearly impossible :/

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I'm guessing getting the minimum to get into t20 at this point is in the 4860-4870 range

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ungulateman posted:

I finally dropped out of t19 after bouncing between 19 and 20 for the last several months without spending a single duelling crest

I'd need a deathless rub to go back up and I cbf with these fuckin trash bonus units

i know how you're feeling, man. it's frustrating as hell when your bonus unit drags down your ability to do deathless runs. it's always such a relief when the bonus unit it someone in my core team.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I was looking at the above posts thinking I should make another crack at getting back in t20 as I didn't get a deathless run in... and it's too late :sigh:

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
I think I just realized the real reason I dislike horse emblem: that they can just run up to your trash bonus unit and clock them in the face and welp, guess I'm not tiering up this week.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Anyone have a guide as to which units are good to mulch? My brother filled up his thing so I want to link him one.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Senerio posted:

Anyone have a guide as to which units are good to mulch? My brother filled up his thing so I want to link him one.

I mean, I suck, but

I think he just has to figure out what units he really likes, figure out which abilities they want (possibly by looking up builds), and mulch whatever units have those things

Barst is my favorite sacrificial victim bc of Reposition. I can't get enough Barsts to throw in other people's mouths.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I mean send Home mulch not inherit mulch. Sorry.

Who are the ones safe to send home.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
for a firesweep cordelia do i have to have her at +SPD

because all of mine are neutral right now

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

est, beruka, and seliph e: raigh and saizo are the only units I can think of offhand that have nothing anyone wants.

I guess Peri and Fir are borderline at best too

Elyv fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 14, 2017

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Elyv posted:

est, beruka, and seliph e: raigh and saizo are the only units I can think of offhand that have nothing anyone wants.

I guess Peri and Fir are borderline at best too
Glacies isn‘t bad even if Iceberg often ends up being better and Speed+3 is a good budget skill, I wouldn‘t send Fir home.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

loquacius posted:

Barst is my favorite sacrificial victim bc of Reposition. I can't get enough Barsts to throw in other people's mouths.

I think that's the one additional reason I hate Bartre. Because he could've been his confusingly-similarly-named bro Barst, except Barst is actually useful.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Bartre is useful and has a grest stat spread.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

facepalmolive posted:

I think that's the one additional reason I hate Bartre. Because he could've been his confusingly-similarly-named bro Barst, except Barst is actually useful.

Relatively speaking, I've got one Hinata at the moment and he's got good IVs so I'd likely be better suited making a 5* Bartre if I need fury 3 on someone.

It happens I could sort of use fury 3 on a few of my dudes. I wish I hadn't decided to blow my latest 20k feathers on giving BLyn a brave bow that I haven't yet gotten the SP to teach her.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Do we have any ideas on what the stream is about? Is it about Panne?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Actually, they're completely revamping the arena system and also the banner system, thus explaining why the next banner is late for this week's arena. Stay tuned!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
There's almost certainly hero fest 3. Probably details on the next batch of new heroes. Some announcements of free orbs as filler material. Likely but not guaranteed some new game mode.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

What is a hero fest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

What is a hero fest?

Good heroes are given an upgraded pull chance, generally with Hector as a mainstay and three others to fill out the ranks.