Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Actually it is, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

Make weekly jobs offer a drill as reward, problem solved.

Also, remove stats from skins because gating stats behind roulette stuff is dumb (see also all our bitching about mods at launch), but yes.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Actually it is, friend

No, sorry.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Also, remove stats from skins because gating stats behind roulette stuff is dumb (see also all our bitching about mods at launch), but yes.

Or don't because who cares about an extra four stability for your minigun.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

In fun news, for whatever reason Winters seems super bugged and his assault wave will never end. Not 100% sure if the buff stays or not, but I've had him both run off the map and stay on the map and the assault wave stick.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Actually it is, friend

it is

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Natalya Fartz posted:

In fun news, for whatever reason Winters seems super bugged and his assault wave will never end. Not 100% sure if the buff stays or not, but I've had him both run off the map and stay on the map and the assault wave stick.

He also likes taking his sweet time showing up. Almost wiped a Rats because he wouldn't show his fuckin face.

Rathlord
Sep 5, 2015

Angry know-it-all.
The real kick in the teeth, though, even worse than all the lies and the just overall shittiness of adding microtransactions is how it was done, though.

Community came together in a heart-warming, whatever bullshit tree-huggy crap way you can think of to get all this done. People logged in at the same time to make the 30k, which arguably would not have happened organically. People came together for the good of the community.

And our big reveal on day one? Paid, stat increasing, poorly implemented, ugly weapon skins. It's a "gently caress you" to the community in every conceivable way. If you're going to utterly ignore the morality of the situation like the naga lover is (not hating, I think they're pretty hawt), at the very least you should be empathetic to people's upset at how deplorably badly this has been implemented. They took every possible iteration of this concept and picked the worst.

Oh, and regarding the "oh you can just ignore it it doesn't effect you!" Aside from all the things wrong with this statement, it's flagrantly untrue. Overkill spent time and money making this happen that could have gone to making free content for the community (like they promised), making next month's DLC better (to the benefit of everyone), fixing some bugs (to the benefit of everyone), or nothing at all (still less of a 'gently caress you'). It impacts everyone, demonstrably. That's dev time that happened that only people stupid enough to roll the dice and burn their money will ever see any impact from. It effects ever

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Natalya Fartz posted:

Winters takes forever to show up but he still does. Like, 5 minutes at a minimum to hit the map. I think a whole bunch of poo poo broke in this update and that's one of the more notable ones.

But it's okay because with how hosed up good weapons are now you can kill his buddy-shields in like 5 headshots with a Broncho.

Rathlord posted:

naga lover is (not hating, I think they're pretty hawt)

Snake tits are good.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I feel slightly bad by people saying the skins are ugly because I kinda liked a couple of them.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
who here likes clicking on cops? personally, I like clicking on cops with a really big gun that shoots slow, but I know some people like clicking on cops with a smaller gun that shoots fast :)

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Actually the big update was the weapon rebalance that just happened to also include weapon skins and talking about time not going to free updates is so nebulous as to be meaningless.

Rathlord
Sep 5, 2015

Angry know-it-all.

Lady Naga posted:

Wow videogame companies lie and frequently don't do what they say they don't do. What are you, ten?

Oh cool, so if people do wrong things enough it becomes right? Fan-loving-tastic, love that logic. Please don't take your dead conscience and the fact that you're morally stillborn to insult other people who give a poo poo.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Rathlord posted:

Oh cool, so if people do wrong things enough it becomes right? Fan-loving-tastic, love that logic. Please don't take your dead conscience and the fact that you're morally stillborn to insult other people who give a poo poo.

what is your favorite gun in payday 2?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
lmao guys take a wood/assault kit G3 to a heist, you'll be glad you did

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Rathlord posted:

Wow rude.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

padijun posted:

The Mac-10 so I made out like a loving bandit with this update, hello 42+, 200 ammo, 60+ accuracy, and like 100 stability, get hosed every other SMG ever.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lady Naga posted:

Or don't because who cares about an extra four stability for your minigun.

I feel like calling back to the example of stability on a minigun, which is a laughably useless stat to boost, is a bit silly.

Overkill used the example of boosting concealment on their website IIRC, surely that would be an example of when this silly stat skin thing would have a real impact on a player's efficiency.

Rathlord
Sep 5, 2015

Angry know-it-all.

Lady Naga posted:

Actually the big update was the weapon rebalance that just happened to also include weapon skins and talking about time not going to free updates is so nebulous as to be meaningless.

Actually, taking time to set up marketplace with Valve not to mention coding entirely new systems to hook into theirs, not to mention the time spent by the art department making all of these skins, not to mention the code to support this stuff working in game (UI, animators, artists, programmers) is non-negligible to say the least. Your ignorance of the development process does not constitute evidence that you're correct.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
lady naga I will give you my last queen mask code if you don't post in this thread for 72 hours. you can post once to acknowledge this, after that the countdown starts

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Shima Honnou posted:

Snake tits are good.

finally something today that whole payday 2 thread can agree on today

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Considering how much of a difference I feel from just a fairly small amount of accuracy change with the new update I'm thinking any skinzzz that boost accuracy will have the greatest effect, and because of how the laws of nature work they will probably also be the ugliest ones.

Rathlord
Sep 5, 2015

Angry know-it-all.

padijun posted:

Favorite just based on feel and the fun I have using it? Lebensauger .308 probably.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

padijun posted:

The M308 is a cool and fun gun in the shooter videogame payday the heist 2

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Dr Cheeto posted:

I feel like calling back to the example of stability on a minigun, which is a laughably useless stat to boost, is a bit silly.

Overkill used the example of boosting concealment on their website IIRC, surely that would be an example of when this silly stat skin thing would have a real impact on a player's efficiency.

Except this is literally what happens I have this exact skin let me show you sec

The example they used on their site is +4 accuracy which is laughably meaningless.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Oct 16, 2015

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
I love that they bothered to add the quality tiers from CSGO to their weapon skins so you can end up with one that looks shittier just at random.

Rathlord
Sep 5, 2015

Angry know-it-all.

Shima Honnou posted:

Snake tits are good.

I'm in need of pictures to empircally confirm/deny this supposition.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

padijun posted:

lady naga I will give you my last queen mask code if you don't post in this thread for 72 hours. you can post once to acknowledge this, after that the countdown starts
How about I not break your face for 72 hours is that cool!?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lady Naga posted:

Except this is literally what happens I have this exact skin let me show you sec

The example they used on their site is +4 accuracy which is laughably meaningless.

Oh, I didn't know it was just this skin that gave stats, the whole thing does indeed seem laughable now!

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
why did I think that would work

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

padijun posted:

'Cause you're a moron duh.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Oh, I didn't know it was just this skin that gave stats, the whole thing does indeed seem laughable now!

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not but seriously all evidence we have about skins boosting weapon stats makes the whole thing seem meaningless and the only reason to complain about it is if you're some horrible minmaxer that must always have The Best whatever.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Lady Naga posted:

On the chaingun definitely, but the assault rifles and some of the SMGs are totally hosed. The Commando is basically worthless outside of melee range I've found, despite the stuff they boosted with it. I could see a +Acc skin being potentially helpful with that, especially when +4 is stronger than some of the regular mods are now.

Rathlord
Sep 5, 2015

Angry know-it-all.
On the other hand, some people enjoy min/maxing and they are now forced to pay to play how they enjoy. You might not agree with how they enjoy the game (much as I don't appreciate cheaters in the once-in-a-blue-moon I play with randos), but that doesn't invalidate their opinions. And regardless of how you personally feel, it's still lovely for those people. Or those of us who suck terribly and need the extra stats to not die.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

padijun posted:

I don't know but hey if I don't post here for 72 hours can I have it

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
As good as the damage and ammo is now for the huge majority of guns (Even the Beretta is over 40 damage now, without any pistol skills!), the only thing that I can see needing min/maxed now is accuracy. We're in some kind of crazy post-Long Guide world now, where the only things we need mods for is breaking 42 on the like 5 guns that don't do that by default, or for getting accuracy higher.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Rathlord posted:

On the other hand, some people enjoy min/maxing and they are now forced to pay to play how they enjoy. You might not agree with how they enjoy the game (much as I don't appreciate cheaters in the once-in-a-blue-moon I play with randos), but that doesn't invalidate their opinions. And regardless of how you personally feel, it's still lovely for those people. Or those of us who suck terribly and need the extra stats to not die.

Maybe they should play a different game that actually contributes to their needs since Payday 2 was never really that good for minmaxing to begin with and also if you suck at the game an extra four stability isn't going to fix that.

The idea that every game needs to cater to every type of player is patently ridiculous.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
I sure wish my rifle had +4 accuracy cause it feels like garbage now. I followed the advice of newbie guides (started playing last week) and bought a car-4/crosskill combo and now the pistol is so overwhelmingly better there's no need to use the rifle at all.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Lady Naga posted:

Maybe they should play a different game that actually contributes to their needs since Payday 2 was never really that good for minmaxing to begin with and also if you suck at the game an extra four stability isn't going to fix that.

The idea that every game needs to cater to every type of player is patently ridiculous.

But the idea that a promise made has no need to be upheld is...not ridiculous to you.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Here's the G3 with 48 accuracy:

Here it is with 52:

Wow what a difference.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Who cares, they aren't going to remove the microtransaction plan and when the next DLC comes for $5 or whatever they'll expect us to pay it

These are video games now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Shima Honnou posted:

On the chaingun definitely, but the assault rifles and some of the SMGs are totally hosed. The Commando is basically worthless outside of melee range I've found, despite the stuff they boosted with it. I could see a +Acc skin being potentially helpful with that, especially when +4 is stronger than some of the regular mods are now.
You know, it wouldn't surprise me if Overkill pulled an Overkill and totally forgot to change the stats on mods so they're still going off the old values. Because they changed the damage table so now it just increments upwards normally instead of going up by like 2.5 every step and stuff. Cause for example the Funnel of Fun used to give +10 because it incremented damage by 4 steps, so under the new table it's now +4. Or maybe they want to de-emphasise the importance of weapon mods who knows. :shrug:

• Locked thread