Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

evilmiera posted:

I mean I know a bunch of shows and comics treat them like lasers you can bounce off things but really, all that pointing heat vision at glass would accomplish would be melting the glass, right?

He can control the temperature of his heat vision.

Just after Crisis it was established he used a piece of the ship he came to earth on as a mirror for shaving, and *much* later he used Red Sun lamps to make him vulnerable enough to just use regular scissors and razors.

Pre-Crisis, I reckon anything goes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
The tiny Supermen he can shoot from his finger pull out every hair individually.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Invulnerable hair and skin means, if he sheds dead skin cells as often as people, a bunch of folk getting miners lung just from being around him.

Ah woops he shed a hair. Hope it doesnt get into any machinery.
Using a bunch of superman dead skin as a polishing rouge

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Invulnerable hair and skin means, if he sheds dead skin cells as often as people, a bunch of folk getting miners lung just from being around him.

Ah woops he shed a hair. Hope it doesnt get into any machinery.
Using a bunch of superman dead skin as a polishing rouge

Superman IV thought of this somewhat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-cSMTMp01w

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Meenage Tutant Minja... what ??

Glad I'm not the only one...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vlaphor posted:

Superman IV thought of this somewhat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-cSMTMp01w

But how did the bolt cutters cut the hair? that raises more questions than it answers.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Skwirl posted:

But how did the bolt cutters cut the hair? that raises more questions than it answers.

They were made of Sniptonite.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:rimshot:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

:eng101: tensile and sheer strength aren't particularly correlated, and the force created by bolt cutters might be sufficient to cut Superman's hair!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

(one page later)

Lightning Comics #4 (1940)

Action Man #3 (2016)

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

evilmiera posted:

I mean I know a bunch of shows and comics treat them like lasers you can bounce off things but really, all that pointing heat vision at glass would accomplish would be melting the glass, right?

He fires off the heat vision and then uses super-speed to run in front of it.

Obviously.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I keep wondering about how the hell you poison the claws of a bunch of cats, transport and deploy them as an attack, and don't get hideously mauled yourself.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

That's why you also keep a bunch of angry starved cats with anti-venom on their claws.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I'm sure they where easy to find after the lightning bolt calmed em down

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

nimby posted:

I keep wondering about how the hell you poison the claws of a bunch of cats, transport and deploy them as an attack, and don't get hideously mauled yourself.

https://i.imgur.com/YG4XUEC.mp4

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Venus #2 (1948)

Venom: Carnage Unleashed #4 (1995)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

His other?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's how brock referred to his symbiote in the 90's

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bucnasti posted:

What I think about is all the ranks/titles that have never been used for superheroes.
There's plenty of Captains, some Majors, Generals, Commanders and even a few Sergeants, but where are Corporal Cannonfodder, Lieutenant Fisticuffs, or Admiral Amoeba?
I never enlisted, I'm a civilian.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Major Meatshild, reporting for duty!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

X-Factor 27. This is just so blunt and succinct that it cracked me up a bit.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

This is how people talk in real life, especially regarding the dead. It's totally not editorial mandated dialogue.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Wasn't even the first time he tried to leave his wife. Storm had to whip his rear end powerless to get him to not run out on Madeline the first time.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

How romantic. 💕

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Grendels Dad posted:

The tiny Supermen he can shoot from his finger pull out every hair individually.
Just had a Centaurworld flashback

dialhforhero posted:

I always liked the episode in TAS where he knew he was placed in a dream state by the scarecrow because he couldn’t read. As a kid I thought this was absolutely genius (and true).
It's not true for everyone, I've definitely had a bunch of dreams where I could read things.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Chinston Wurchill posted:

X-Factor 27. This is just so blunt and succinct that it cracked me up a bit.

That guy sounds like the human version of the alien lawyer who Rocket Racoon got to represent him.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Saoshyant posted:

This is how people talk in real life, especially regarding the dead. It's totally not editorial mandated dialogue.

I mean I’m not sure why this is ages after that whole thing started and we are about five issues before Inferno begins

It’s kind of weird in placement

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Imagine marrying a guy and then you see a picture of his ex and you're her exact twin.

I don't blame her for anything she did.

Edit: finally found the panel I was looking for

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jun 8, 2022

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Push El Burrito posted:

Imagine marrying a guy and then you see a picture of his ex and you're her exact twin.

I think of all the things Madeline did, this made the most sense

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Inferno is great as it’s just Claremont and Simonson making a great story out of editorial fuckery

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Isn't that basically also what Simonson was doing when she took over X-Factor?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Kalli posted:

I think of all the things Madeline did, this made the most sense

Starring Havok's underboobs.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

Edit: finally found the panel I was looking for

Who took that picture?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Wolverine.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Walt Disney's Uncle Scrooge #5 (1954)

The Sensational She-Hulk #40 (1992)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the old she-hulk comics were real fun vibes when they weren't also extremely horny

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Horniness is what sells good girl comics.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

No ring.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Superboy #103 (1963)

Baron Weirwulf's Haunted Library #49 (1980)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

This is literally the best thing I've seen all week :tipshat: