Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
Ashes of Creation is definitely not a scam, because let me tell you about this block buster success called Star Citizen :smug:

And then you have this insignificant developer called Derek Smart, totally irrelevant, destroying successful kickstarter games with his jealousy and army of goon evil doers.

*rides in the sunset, another game saved, mission accomplished*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
Gimme a sec, I'm just catching up with the thread. Current'y reading pages...

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

I'll just echo this, keep it to the minimum please, this should be a happy thread full of laughs at idiots who don't take good advice to get a refund, not excessive detail about the absolute worst examples of humanity, even if the two do overlap somewhat at times.

Yea I vote we not mention the gross pedo again itt unless he walks and CIG hires him or something. He designed a stupid spaceship jpg. It sounds like justice is being done and I don't wanna read about it again and again. This is a happy positive thread.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

JugbandDude posted:

Ashes of Creation is definitely not a scam, because let me tell you about this block buster success called Star Citizen :smug:

That's where the normalization will set in, and you'll fondly remember the days when pre-ordering got you an actual product rather than maybe the promise of a product down the line after the amorphous 'plan' gels into an MVP.

I'm settling into a pattern of waiting for the first sale to buy stuff.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lol, at that ashes thread.

On one hand this dude realizes that star citizen has been mismanaged, on the other, well...

"Gamers" are the loving easiest mark.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Yea I vote we not mention the gross pedo again itt. He designed a stupid spaceship jpg. It sounds like justice is being done and I don't wanna read about it again and again. This is a happy positive thread.

:same: I know the comedy well is a bit dry right now and I'm happy to see justice being done, but I don't know that we want to stare into that particular void too long.

Not trying to dogpile you or anything, Hav. I just want to be sure we don't lose ourselves.

Mr Fronts posted:

Gimme a sec, I'm just catching up with the thread. Current'y reading pages...

:laffo:

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

You know gently caress all. Dickhead

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

And you know gently caress all too. Happy clapper

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ColdCoffeeGamer posted:

It's actually nice to see the A.I fighting the physics simulation. The derps feel more real than having the NPCs fly perfectly all the time. In some of those examples you can see that an external force changed their path and the time needed to correct it wasn't enough.

:psypop:

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Dooguk posted:

You know gently caress all. Dickhead

Nice try........DEREK

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Nice.

Pretty sure this is Zecumbe's SA account: https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=188402

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

AI isn't really complete until the AI npcs realize they are inside a matrix-like simulation and try to escape.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Nice try........DEREK

Another know nothing tosser.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

What are you trying to do here?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I'm Smartacus

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yeah that's definitely Zecumbe. Same writing style, grammar, vocabulary, all of it. The only bit missing is his "Gently Caress Off Goonie TM"

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Yeah that's definitely Zecumbe. Same writing style, grammar, vocabulary, all of it. The only bit missing is his "Gently Caress Off Goonie TM"

Ok so why pick on the new guy? What is going on here.?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Dooguk posted:

Ok so why pick on the new guy? What is going on here.?

you know what you did

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Hey guys! I have read some of the posts about our referral program, as well as concern over my income from Multi-Level Marketing. I am personally one who strongly believes in transparency and want to be as involved in the community as possible! So I will give some input to this discussion. When I was 15 I started a Marketing business, trying to sell nutritional drinks using commercials on AM talk radio stations. This became very successful very quick, and when I turned 18 I decided to start working for a company called XanGo. I wasn't the "CEO" of XanGo as some people are saying, nor did I help create the company... I was just a normal sign up, and I created a website that, I used my marketing company to help promote and sell their juice and vitamins with.. By the time I was 20, I was selling a lot of the juice and vitamins, and rose to be one of the top sellers of the company. About 7 years ago I moved into investments and real estate, which is the source of a majority of my success. Many people consider the MLM industry to be a pyramid scheme, but there are actually good MLMs out there, that can provide people with good incomes. I was lucky to find a good one that had great products, and that allowed me at a young age to become successful enough to begin investing and buying real estate.

The referral program, is a system I designed for two purposes;

1. It is a way to promote organic growth, growth that capitlizes on the social nature of our gaming community. Many companies in the gaming industry must spend millions to promote their game on websites, emailing campaigns, facebook, banner ads, magazines, commercials etc... All of that money goes to media.. Media that doesn't care about the game, just wants to reach a bottom line for revenue (in my opinion). Meanwhile this money that is being spent, could have been used on developing the game! So I wanted to find a way, to break that mold. By focusing on the social bonds of our community.
  2. Since I wanted to focus on using the community itself to drive growth for our game, it only seemed fair to share with the community in that growth. So I created a rewards system, that would allow for players to do 3 things; Play for free, Get unique virtual goods, and be rewarded with real cash. This stems from my desire to be inclusive in this development. If not for the referral program, this money would be going to corporations instead, and I just dont see why they should take something that the community is responsible for anyways!
Just to be clear.

Our referral system works the opposite of a pyramid. If you refer someone who spends $15 to play our game, you are rewarded with $2.25.

If they refer someone who spends $15 to play our game, they now only spend $12.75, which means you are now only rewarded with $1.91

This actually acts the opposite of a pyramid. And is not Multi-Level Marketing, because by definition it is only a single level.

Hope this clears this up for many of you, I am happy to chat more about any questions you have :)

Most importantly please remember, Ashes of Creation is a complete passion of mine, it is something I wake up and go to sleep thinking about non stop... My time as a gamer for 25 years is leading the designs in the game... Features I know resonate with so many others, and the team I have brought together can get it done, and done right.

<3

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Stop doxxing me.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

:negative:

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

TrustmeImLegit posted:

you know what you did

What. Take the piss out of Roberts and his no show game?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Stop owning yourselves idiots

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!
This thread is poo poo again.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
That referral system smells so fishy I almost expect Beet wagon to defend it

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

:same:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

What do you think of the Ashes of Creation kickstarter? Round up your answer to the nearest 1,000 pls

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Arses of Excretion

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
He actually has an SA account.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

What do you think of the Ashes of Creation kickstarter? Round up your answer to the nearest 1,000 pls

$0

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

That referral system smells so fishy I almost expect Beet wagon to defend it

:golfclap:

See it's not actually a pyramid, it's a reverse funnel system...

e: kayak mid thunderstorm yesterday

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Hey guys! I have read some of the posts about our referral program, as well as concern over my income from Multi-Level Marketing. I am personally one who strongly believes in transparency and want to be as involved in the community as possible! So I will give some input to this discussion. When I was 15 I started a Marketing business, trying to sell nutritional drinks using commercials on AM talk radio stations. This became very successful very quick, and when I turned 18 I decided to start working for a company called XanGo. I wasn't the "CEO" of XanGo as some people are saying, nor did I help create the company... I was just a normal sign up, and I created a website that, I used my marketing company to help promote and sell their juice and vitamins with.. By the time I was 20, I was selling a lot of the juice and vitamins, and rose to be one of the top sellers of the company. About 7 years ago I moved into investments and real estate, which is the source of a majority of my success. Many people consider the MLM industry to be a pyramid scheme, but there are actually good MLMs out there, that can provide people with good incomes. I was lucky to find a good one that had great products, and that allowed me at a young age to become successful enough to begin investing and buying real estate.

The referral program, is a system I designed for two purposes;

1. It is a way to promote organic growth, growth that capitlizes on the social nature of our gaming community. Many companies in the gaming industry must spend millions to promote their game on websites, emailing campaigns, facebook, banner ads, magazines, commercials etc... All of that money goes to media.. Media that doesn't care about the game, just wants to reach a bottom line for revenue (in my opinion). Meanwhile this money that is being spent, could have been used on developing the game! So I wanted to find a way, to break that mold. By focusing on the social bonds of our community.
  2. Since I wanted to focus on using the community itself to drive growth for our game, it only seemed fair to share with the community in that growth. So I created a rewards system, that would allow for players to do 3 things; Play for free, Get unique virtual goods, and be rewarded with real cash. This stems from my desire to be inclusive in this development. If not for the referral program, this money would be going to corporations instead, and I just dont see why they should take something that the community is responsible for anyways!
Just to be clear.

Our referral system works the opposite of a pyramid. If you refer someone who spends $15 to play our game, you are rewarded with $2.25.

If they refer someone who spends $15 to play our game, they now only spend $12.75, which means you are now only rewarded with $1.91

This actually acts the opposite of a pyramid. And is not Multi-Level Marketing, because by definition it is only a single level.

Hope this clears this up for many of you, I am happy to chat more about any questions you have :)

Most importantly please remember, Ashes of Creation is a complete passion of mine, it is something I wake up and go to sleep thinking about non stop... My time as a gamer for 25 years is leading the designs in the game... Features I know resonate with so many others, and the team I have brought together can get it done, and done right.

<3

S....sandi ?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Its not actually a pyramid scheme if the pyramid has been rotated 360 degrees.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Dooguk posted:

What are you trying to do here?
It is just a little bit of awesome forum magic. I fell for the trick "as the thread's best poster" in my first few months on SA.

Pay for a 2nd account and click the link if you really want to know which account is definitely a Derek alt.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

HycoCam posted:

It is just a little bit of awesome forum magic. I fell for the trick "as the thread's best poster" in my first few months on SA.

Pay for a 2nd account and click the link if you really want to know which account is definitely a Derek alt.

I'm getting too old for this poo poo.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

When I was 15 I started a Marketing business, trying to sell nutritional drinks using commercials on AM talk radio stations.

Rainman runs a pyramid scheme.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

The person who bought in below you made an additional sale, therefore we're taking 84 cents away from you. What the gently caress?

Get your loving poo poo together.

Edit: I meant 34 cents. Messing up my cents on backwards incompetent pyramid schemes, gently caress! That's like 50 cents difference.

XK fucked around with this message at 19:03 on May 3, 2017

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

XK posted:

The person who bought in below you made an additional sale, therefore we're taking 84 cents away from you. What the gently caress?

Get your loving poo poo together.

I will literally break his kneecaps because he's ruining my investment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Will I end up owing money to AoC if the guy three levels down from me is a real go-getter and he brings in a ton of referrals? :ohdear:

Lack of Gravitas fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 3, 2017