Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

DancingShade posted:

There is nothing more statesmanlike that sharing a name with a brand of frozen supermarket pizzas.
http://mccain.com.au/

You've done it again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

I, for one, am proud, blessed, and fully erect to be an American under the rule of President Dr. Donnie "God Emperor" Trump PHD, Esq, PHD.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

quote:

WASHINGTON — A Republican-led Senate panel backed away from a plan to restrict media cameras in parts of the U.S. Capitol on Tuesday after Democrats and some Republicans criticized the move as an attempt to curtail press access.

Senate staff who manage press access told television network reporters earlier Tuesday that they could no longer film interviews with senators in the hallways of the Capitol without first receiving permission, citing a directive from the Senate Committee on Rules and Administration.

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2017/06/13/us/politics/13reuters-usa-congress-press.html?_r=0

I give 'em a week before they try again. Again, zero fucks given about a reporter ACTUALLY assaulted by a politican. Instead it's "Oh my, someone might trip on these cords!!!!!!!"

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

Jose posted:

a ridiculous amount of owrk went into it whoever is making them is real skilled and should won up and make an av thread

What is this Silent Majority thing anyways?
In real life (heh) and its incarnation on SA?
How does one earn a MAGA av?

So many questions, and preempting any "I don't remember" replies, you little rascals you!

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Mr Havafap posted:

Racist that don't like to admit to racism.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Mr Havafap posted:

In real life (heh) and its incarnation on SA?
How does one earn a MAGA av?

So many questions, and preempting any "I don't remember" replies, you little rascals you!

'The Silent Majority' was a rallying cry used by Nixon to tell his base that people who were protesting the Vietnam war were just a vocal minority of upstart kids.
If I remember correctly, I think Reagan used it too on the campaign trail.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 13, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The silent majority is the best thing to claim is on your side when you lack actual supporters.

Or when your policy is so shameful that nobody wants to be seen in public supporting it, I guess.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Did I mishear or did McCain actually deliver a wicked burn to Sessions? Cuz Sessions was saying he pushed back against Kislyak about Ukraine and McCain said, "Knowing you, I find that hard to believe"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Want a :lol:

Google Trump surrogate "Scottie Nell Hughes"

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Number of elections the silent majority won = 0

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
the silent majority are the republicans who despite owning all branches cant get much done cus they have terrible ideas and are led by a man who cant admit to looks fading with age

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

my new dog posted:

the silent majority are the republicans who despite owning all branches cant get much done cus they have terrible ideas and are led by a man who cant admit to looks fading with age

Republicans forgot how to govern because they spend a decade complaining about a black man as their policy

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Skypie posted:

Did I mishear or did McCain actually deliver a wicked burn to Sessions? Cuz Sessions was saying he pushed back against Kislyak about Ukraine and McCain said, "Knowing you, I find that hard to believe"

The opposite - Sessions said that Kislyak was getting 'salty' when Sessions pressured him on Ukraine.

McCain said he found that easy to believe, "knowing you", or words to that effect.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

brylcreem posted:

The opposite - Sessions said that Kislyak was getting 'salty' when Sessions pressured him on Ukraine.

McCain said he found that easy to believe, "knowing you", or words to that effect.

OK. That makes more sense. It's hard to believe McCain could have made a sweet dunk on another Republican, and turns out, he's not a maverick after all

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

it's weird how out of all of this I hate john mccain the most.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

it's weird how out of all of this I hate john mccain the most.

I used to be mad at Trump for giving him poo poo for being a POW, but gently caress him.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

haljordan posted:

I used to be mad at Trump for giving him poo poo for being a POW, but gently caress him.

McCain
Electoral Votes 173
Popular vote: 58,319,442

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Jose posted:

its really funny just how badly a black man being president broke america

It's almost like a large percentage of the USA population are total cunts

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

my new dog posted:

McCain
Electoral Votes 173
Popular vote: 58,319,442

Sad!

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

gender illusionist posted:

It's almost like a large percentage of the USA population are total cunts

Let's be fair, a large amount of politics has been soundly reduced to team sports and echo chambers.

That said, Sir Donald "Grab 'em by the Pussy" Trump is rather blatant about being a real jackass, at least towards women, so it doesn't excuse that.

Sexual assault you say? But her emails!

lol

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

quote:

The chairman of a Chinese financial conglomerate who tried to forge a business relationship with President Trump’s son-in-law has been detained by police.

Wu Xiaohui, the chairman of Anbang Insurance Group, was taken away by the police on Friday in Beijing, according to Caijing, a respected newsmagazine. In a statement early Wednesday morning in China, the company said that Mr. Wu was “for personal reasons no longer able to perform his duties.”

lol that guy's dead already

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

haljordan posted:

Lmao Wikipedia says they held assets worth $123b USD in 2015 and he's been ceo since they were founded in 2004.

This should have a market ripple effect maybe

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

haljordan posted:

Anbang attaboom!

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Anbanged up in the gulag

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Lmao Wikipedia says they held assets worth $123b USD in 2015 and he's been ceo since they were founded in 2004.

This should have a market ripple effect maybe

That would be the case if China still had something resembling a "market" for things to ripple through.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I feel like the democrats on the committee really missed an opportunity to drive the wedge in further between Sessions and Trump. I really wanted them to highlight the differences between what Sessions and Trump have said on the record.

Fyck Sessions for his "non-privileged, but privileged" non-rule that they were evidently completely unprepared for. I mean did they expect that at any point he would drop juicy details of their conversations? They had no plan B, but what else should be expect at this point? Lol.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.

angryrobots posted:

Fyck Sessions for his "non-privileged, but privileged" non-rule that they were evidently completely unprepared for. I mean did they expect that at any point he would drop juicy details of their conversations? They had no plan B, but what else should be expect at this point? Lol.

That's what I don't get. So many "I don't wanna answer and there's no legal reason why" answers. Why isn't there a lawyer there going "That's not a reason answer the question or get charged with perjury"?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
hmmm

After months of rejecting multiple job requests, businesswoman Cindy McCain has accepted a State Department position in the Trump administration, sourced told the Daily Beast on Monday.

Two senior administration officials, who requested anonymity, claimed it is a "done deal" for both parties. President Trump "aggressively courted" McCain to accept a position in his administration. Her potential title is a "U.S. ambassador-at-large for human rights."

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/cindy-mccain-joins-trumps-state-department/

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Lime Tonics posted:

hmmm

After months of rejecting multiple job requests, businesswoman Cindy McCain has accepted a State Department position in the Trump administration, sourced told the Daily Beast on Monday.

Two senior administration officials, who requested anonymity, claimed it is a "done deal" for both parties. President Trump "aggressively courted" McCain to accept a position in his administration. Her potential title is a "U.S. ambassador-at-large for human rights."

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/cindy-mccain-joins-trumps-state-department/

quote:

According to a White House official, Trump’s daughter and adviser, Ivanka Trump, had a strong role in encouraging her father to pursue Cindy McCain for a position in his administration. Ivanka Trump hosted an anti-human trafficking event at the White House last month and was reportedly impressed by Cindy McCain’s experience in working on global humanitarian issues. Cindy McCain was a former chairwoman of HALO USA, a humanitarian organization which clears war-torn communities of landmines and other unexploded bombs and devices. She has also been an advocate against sex trafficking.

lmao how loving dumb is Cindy McCain.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

haljordan posted:

lmao how loving dumb is Cindy McCain.

You're right, only idiots want to get rid of land mines and end sex trafficking.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

That's what I don't get. So many "I don't wanna answer and there's no legal reason why" answers. Why isn't there a lawyer there going "That's not a reason answer the question or get charged with perjury"?

the senate knows he isn't going say anything it's red meat for their base and a chance for grandstanding

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

He was claiming that he was complying with DOJ policies that have been in place for years and that that in itself gives him immunity/the right to not answer certain questions. Of course, when asked about it he couldn't answer whether he knew if they are actually written somewhere or if he's ever even seen them. And when asked if he could provide proof of these policies if they are written down he basically answered "If I feel like it".

lol

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

Because there is a legal reason why and he explained it. "I don't like the reason" isn't "there isn't one."

Also "gently caress you" isn't perjury. Perjury is lying and "you can go gently caress yourself" isn't a lie.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

ambient robot posted:

He was claiming that he was complying with DOJ policies that have been in place for years and that that in itself gives him immunity/the right to not answer certain questions. Of course, when asked about it he couldn't answer whether he knew if they are actually written somewhere or if he's ever even seen them. And when asked if he could provide proof of these policies if they are written down he basically answered "If I feel like it".

lol

And as Tom Cotton pointed out, it was totes ok when Holder and others did it so basically gently caress anyone that thinks it's suddenly a problem.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Kiryen posted:

Because there is a legal reason why and he explained it. "I don't like the reason" isn't "there isn't one."

Also "gently caress you" isn't perjury. Perjury is lying and "you can go gently caress yourself" isn't a lie.

Seriously what is up with politics goons and pretending to be a lawyer

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/347191326112112640

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

https://youtu.be/PY0a8QGy96M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cnut
May 3, 2016