Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

LordSaturn posted:

My favorite alt-text will always be, "You can do whatever you want in life."

Not alt text, but "Somebody says I'm gay, I'll just sit here bein' straight, and they'll be wrong" is one of my favourite lines overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

dregan posted:

Not alt text, but "Somebody says I'm gay, I'll just sit here bein' straight, and they'll be wrong" is one of my favourite lines overall.

Very next strip. "Guess who just got... \o\ yelllled /o/ aaaat!"

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol

LordSaturn posted:

My favorite alt-text will always be, "You can do whatever you want in life."

I have a tattoo of this alt text and I loving love it. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Dominion posted:

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Well... are the blog posts at least also in the archives so I can read them wherever they would have originally popped up? :saddowns:
Don't think so, I think they all moved to the fanflow.

I went to check on the blog statuses, and happily they're all still available outside the fanflow. As I was about to close Nice Pete's tab, I noticed AdChoices' choice of ad.

But it didn't end there.

:golfclap:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I've started. This will take a while. I have a stupid plan I am working on that will do what I want with this amazing comic and all it's... ancillary material.

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 22, 2011

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I never noticed the "Sorry, ladies" note on this: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11262004

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

dregan posted:

In the last panel I wonder if Ray's talking about the Neil Armstrong moonwalk, or the Michael Jackson one?

AfroSpatula
Jan 1, 2007

Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
It's an avatar you see.
Michael Jackson. The Armstrong moonwalk don't look weird to nobody.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

AfroSpatula posted:

Michael Jackson. The Armstrong moonwalk don't look weird to nobody.

Except to conspiracy theorists. :tinfoil:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Dodgeball posted:

Except to conspiracy theorists. :tinfoil:

Well I don't know Spongebath if you ask me that sounds as phony as the lunar landing

Of course Beef's ringtone for Teodor is Institutionalized.

ProfZoom
Mar 22, 2005

This is our last dance!
So a while back I believe someone posted a TF2 spray of "Simon Le Cowell" Ray busting through the wall yelling the "THERE'S A WAR GOING ON" line. Anyone got it?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

This is something I've been saying to people for months whenever they ask an asinine or inconsequential question. It's either this or "yep, that's whatever you're talking about for ya." I'm neither proud nor ashamed.

What is this from?

Dominion posted:

Don't think so, I think they all moved to the fanflow.

No, they're on blogspot still. And they're rarely related to the comic, other guy, so don't worry about it. Just read them when you know the characters. Pat's is best.

Pat's is best.

GeneralZod
May 28, 2003

Kneel before Zod!
Grimey Drawer
:siren: "A new strip has been made available" :siren:

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Roast Beef smiling and the alt text have made this day so much better. :shobon:

gallop w/a boner
Aug 16, 2002

Hell Gem
I bust out laughing for a good 30 seconds at that strip. Felt good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh God that was loving beautiful, what a pleasant surprise.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Straight up funniest Achewood in maybe 18 months by FAR.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Straight up funniest Achewood in maybe 18 months by FAR.

There've been like 3 strips in that time so it's not a huge bar. But yeah, thsi strip does own.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Dominion posted:

There've been like 3 strips in that time so it's not a huge bar. But yeah, thsi strip does own.

Out of a perverse and nerdish desire to prove you SO WRONG IT HURTS YOU I actually counted how many Achewood strips there's been in 18 months. I make it 19. But that's not important.

What is important is that 18 months ago Achewood was this:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07042010

Jesus christ. I am glad that Chris Onstad got over whatever he was going through at the time. I think that may be my least favourite Achewood.

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!
And now I know what a "Prince Albert" is. gently caress you, Google.

Also, B is worth 3 points in Scrabble. :colbert:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

basx posted:

Also, B is worth 3 points in Scrabble. :colbert:

He got it right in the 4th panel

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

The best Achewoods are where I learn new vocabulary (see also: Blumpkin)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

robot roll call posted:

That was the first strip I ever read. Immediately knew it was something special.

Why did you think of that though
why would you think of that

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

"I have a Prince Albert" joins "what do you get when you multiply six by nine" in the pantheon of Scrabble messages as narrative.

Wait, those are the only two times I can think of Scrabble letters being used as a plot point. But still...

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Does this count?

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11192001

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The lack of alt text on those early ones always freaks me out.

P.S - How do I know you guys haven't sold me out to Ottawa Modified Death?

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jan 4, 2012

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!
God drat, there I was, being kinda pissy about being left at the office alone during the lunch break (don't have the keys) and suddenly I'm glad about it. Because otherwise noone would've been convinced that I wasn't crazy at this point.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
My favorite has to be Mars...NEEDS...HUGGINS. Partly because it goes so well with the strip and makes a funny strip even funnier.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

robot roll call posted:

Or where you don't learn new vocabulary (see: The Commodore)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

My favorite has to be Mars...NEEDS...HUGGINS. Partly because it goes so well with the strip and makes a funny strip even funnier.

Oh my God I forgot all about AL... -QAEEEDA!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

JethroMcB posted:

That was the first strip I ever read. Immediately knew it was something special.

Why did you think of that though
why would you think of that

is that sexxxy tho

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!
"Sorry, Hoss. Time for my man-douche."

I think of this every time I use my handheld shower head.

basx fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jan 6, 2012

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

basx posted:

"Sorry, Hoss. It's time for my man-douche."

THIS is TOTALLY WONDERFUL!

That's definitely in contention for the most perfect alt-text to a strip, ever.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I have threatened to fill people with vinegar and teabag them until my eyes water before when I've had particularly bad days.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mr. Flunchy posted:

What is important is that 18 months ago Achewood was this:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07042010

Jesus christ. I am glad that Chris Onstad got over whatever he was going through at the time. I think that may be my least favourite Achewood.

You have bad, possibly homophobic opinions about things.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

sassassin posted:

You have bad, possibly homophobic opinions about things.

Yeah that strip is hilarious, it's incredibly grim but it's also really really funny.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

But it was a whole lot of set up for nothing. It still gets under my skin that that plot point, as major as it was, was completely dropped.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Android Blues posted:

Yeah that strip is hilarious, it's incredibly grim but it's also really really funny.

I found that whole arc to be completely unfunny, but that might be because I have never found Nice Pete funny at all.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Dominion posted:

I found that whole arc to be completely unfunny, but that might be because I have never found Nice Pete funny at all.

I liked everything about it except for the two Nathan/Teodor panels. It felt really unnecessary and really stretched out for a comic that does not play out awkward sexual encounters for 30 panels and two comics.

Nearly every other time the comic involves sex or cocks or whatever is short and/or consensual, and this was a really creepy coercion.

I think saying people who didn't like it are homophobes is really awkward, too, because in my opinion, if anything, it's playing up homosexuality as a scary/weird thing.

If Nice Pete's Highschool as an arc is read quickly and those pages are dropped (or perhaps truncated to a few) and you aren't staring at the same comic for literal weeks on end, then I think it's pretty solid still. But the whole way achewood petered out and died on that arc was really, really unfortunate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I didn't really think that much of the Teodor/Nathan stuff; Onstad's implied that Teodor is bi for almost as long as the comic has been around. This just kind of finished it off, so to speak.

And it killed the comic. THANKS, ONSTAD.

In other news, this Friday, leave every room in style. Yell KISS MY rear end, BITCH! I'LL BE AT DUANE'S!.