Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

GreatGreen posted:

Games can now be assigned to more than one category.

Holy loving Christ they've finally done it.

*faints*

You can also group select games and assign a catagory to multiple games at once! Thank god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

When will Valve finally create an in-built game idling function? Those lazy fucks, how many years will I have to wait for this?

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

So this exists.

EDIT: Forgive me if I'm way late on the news. Can't wait to buy this game again and not a PS4.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Aug 15, 2014

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Xaris posted:

You can also group select games and assign a catagory to multiple games at once! Thank god.

This and the fact that games can be assigned to more than one category at once are together literally the 2nd best thing that has ever happened to Steam next to Steam Sales.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Things I learned from playing GTA: The Lost and the Damned - Johnny's motorcycle is unique, there is no other Hexer like it in all of Liberty City.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Aw yesss time to hide the fact that I own Bad Rats from the rest of the world

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Lord Lambeth posted:

Don't do that. :ohdear:

It is the glory for all to see.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Joe Gillian posted:

So this exists.

EDIT: Forgive me if I'm way late on the news. Can't wait to buy this game again and not a PS4.
The Phantom Pain is also coming to Steam.

MGN001
May 12, 2012

Lord Lambeth posted:

According to the update notes, it still shows up on your profile page. The only one you're fooling is yourself.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Isn't The Phantom Pain like the Deus Ex: The Fall version to Ground Zeroes' DX:HR? Or is it the other way around?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Lord Lambeth posted:

Don't post a ban me in this thread, TIA.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Drifter posted:

Isn't The Phantom Pain like the Deus Ex: The Fall version to Ground Zeroes' DX:HR? Or is it the other way around?

The other way around... maybe? Ground Zeroes is like a prologue game. It's the only one that's out yet on consoles.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Drifter posted:

Ground Zeroes is a fat demo to Phantom Pain

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Drifter posted:

Neither. Ground Zeroes is an incredibly short prologue to The Phantom Pain, which is the real version of MGSV.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Nothing is the Deus Ex: The Fall of anything other than Deus Ex: The Fall. It's its own incredible divine painting

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Three days of gameplay for PvZ:GW and two days for KoA free.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Joe Gillian posted:

So this exists.

Wow, really excited that this is coming to PC, since I didn't think I had it in me to buy another PlayStation (again) in the name of MGS. I just hope it's good, after reading some of the opinions above.

...Although what I'm not so keen on is that they replaced Snake's voice actor with Kiefer Sutherland/Jack Bauer. I mean, I know he's supposed to basically be one of the staple "action hero actors", but ehh I dunno, it just seems really jarring to me.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
can you suppress group announcements yet

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Wait, they turned PvZ into a 3rd person shooter? :psyduck:

I knew EA was out of touch but really?

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Away all Goats posted:

Wait, they turned PvZ into a 3rd person shooter? :psyduck:

I knew EA was out of touch but really?

It's a mix of TF2, Monday Night Combat, Mass Effect 3, and PvZ itself in gameplay.

It's loving amazing.

Also you can do this :

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahahahah it's happening even without sales. I dont remember buying Space Marine, I just found it while categorizing my games now.

Cyborg Franky
Oct 9, 2007
Uh, did they give Ultra Street Fighter IV for free to the owners of the previous SF? I have no memory of buying it, and it isn't even showing up in my Steam account history, but yet I appear to own it.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Cyborg Franky posted:

Uh, did they give Ultra Street Fighter IV for free to the owners of the previous SF? I have no memory of buying it, and it isn't even showing up in my Steam account history, but yet I appear to own it.

Haven't they set it up so that SFIV shows up as USF IV while not putting in any of the improvements?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Testekill posted:

Haven't they set it up so that SFIV shows up as USF IV while not putting in any of the improvements?

How does this even work? Can you play against someone with an actual version of Ultra? And if so, whose rules do you use??

Cyborg Franky
Oct 9, 2007

Testekill posted:

Thanks, this would appear to be the case. Weird.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Free copy of The Ship (requires twitter). Four and a half hours left as of this post.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Free copy of The Ship (requires twitter). Four and a half hours left as of this post.

Looks like it's getting hammered to death at the moment :f5:.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

You guys should use the Steam beta client. We got the UI update a while ago. I think it's awful and used the metro for Steam skin, but the games categorising and stuff like that we got earlier too.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
After the talk about Dishonored a few days back I finally knocked it over. Got the high chaos ending because after the first mission I killed one guard and I. Just. Couldn't. Stop.

So I'll have to play it over as stealth guy. If only so Samuel doesn't give me poo poo at the end. I ended up tranquillising him rather than knocking him out of the boat.

And then I can load up on the DLC at the next sale AND KILL SOME MORE.

Was also kind of gobsmacked by some of the voice actors in the credits. Granny was the one that made my jaw drop.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

About an hour into CONSORTIUM. The premise is goofy as hell. Uh, the game is a portal into the future and you're shoved into control of some sort of high tech operative on board a flying fortress. The first section of the game is me trying to get someone to believe that I'm stuck in this guy. Its... well. Yeah hokey as hell.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Is there a way to make the controls of Ring Runner not be red hot garbage with KB&M? It seems like there's a lot of neat ideas there but it's a huge chore to play like this.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

how me a frog posted:

Is there a way to make the controls of Ring Runner not be red hot garbage with KB&M? It seems like there's a lot of neat ideas there but it's a huge chore to play like this.

I'm giving it a(nother) try later today with a controller because I gave up my first try after 30 minutes for the same reason as you.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Ring Runner plays a lot like a 2D version of Armored Core, which means that you ideally want to play it with a gamepad, and that you will be using absolutely every single button on it. It's pretty demanding on the player, but I can't say I had any real trouble with it.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey all, quick question about Divinity: Original Sin: I'm (probably) starting to approach the end of the first region and I'm thinking about getting the DLC, seeing as I'm enjoying the game a fair bit. So, if I do this will I magically get the extra items, etc? Or will you be locatable ingame? Or (heaven forbid) will I only get it by starting a new game? (I'd check the DLC storepage, but oddly it doesn't have its own; instead leeching off the main D:OS page)

Thanks

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Major Isoor posted:

Hey all, quick question about Divinity: Original Sin: I'm (probably) starting to approach the end of the first region and I'm thinking about getting the DLC, seeing as I'm enjoying the game a fair bit. So, if I do this will I magically get the extra items, etc? Or will you be locatable ingame? Or (heaven forbid) will I only get it by starting a new game? (I'd check the DLC storepage, but oddly it doesn't have its own; instead leeching off the main D:OS page)

Thanks

YOu want to buy the DLC? AHaha. The talking pants have literally 3 spoken lines repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, and you'll never use the dye kits.

Go right ahead.

I think you have to start a new game.

also, of course it has a store page.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/306320/

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Yeah, I love Divinity: Original Sin but you're an idiot if you spend money on that DLC.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
So sanctum 2 is pretty fun. Love it when I actually have the patience to wait for cool games like this with all the dlc for like 4 dollars.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Gort posted:

Yeah, I love Divinity: Original Sin but you're an idiot if you spend money on that DLC.

The DLC is best thought of as a cute extra included in the double-pack version (the collectors edition pack during the sale was the best value for money by far), or as a couple of little Kickstarter backer perks. Absolutely non-essential at anything more than $1 otherwise, though.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

SynthOrange posted:

About an hour into CONSORTIUM. The premise is goofy as hell. Uh, the game is a portal into the future and you're shoved into control of some sort of high tech operative on board a flying fortress. The first section of the game is me trying to get someone to believe that I'm stuck in this guy. Its... well. Yeah hokey as hell.

Or you can just play along as though nothing is wrong. For me half the fun was from trying to avoid getting called out as a weirdo.

Also the game comes with a PDF with like 150 pages of lore about the universe if that's your sort of thing. All kinds of parallel universe and alternate timeline malarkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

"Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most..."
Can anyone confirm if Ultra Street Fighter II is playable online yet, been reading that it hasn't took the jump to steamworks particularly well?

Any opinions appreciated. TIA.

• Locked thread