Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Never played FFXV, is it worth a playthrough?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Ruffini posted:

I liked it a lot

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Oh yeah well I loved it

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

FFXV owns, just know you're going into a blatantly unfinished game. It jumps around a lot.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Lmao how can it be unfinished they spent like 15 years on it

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

P-Mack posted:

Lmao how can it be unfinished they spent like 15 years on it

all the good people left the project to make ff7 remake

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

Oh yeah well I loved it

I loved my wife, Commodore Aranea Highwind

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

FFXV rules

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah all games with endless dev cycles always come out perfectly polished and finished, it’s the exception!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This. It’s great

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I should play it again now that you can swap to party members and see how it is compared to FF7

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FFXV is definitely worth a play and all of its issues happen after you've enjoyed it for like 40 hours.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

If I sign up for the FF14 free trial on PC, can I play with the same characters on PS4?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Ruffini posted:

Seconding everyone saying it's great, I think warts and all it's one of the most unique Final Fantasy games and I can't wait to replay it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
ff15 rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlJcnfGD-_U

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Alright I think I'll take the plunge of $0. Thank you Xbox Game Pass.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

If you can't enjoy an epic road trip with your boys in the FF universe you're just a miserable person who needs help.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

If you can't enjoy an epic road trip with your boys in the FF universe you're just a miserable person who needs help.

This.

I enjoyed the tie in movie too

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

All the cool trolls getting into FFXV when it first came out was an awesome gaming/posting experience.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Control Volume posted:

Hell, ill come out and say it: id make out with all of the cute boys in ff15

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Yeah

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

:same:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The last cutscene in FFXV is one of the best of any of the FFs, it's really touching for a series that's usually insanely bombastic and unreal

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

The last cutscene in FFXV is one of the best of any of the FFs, it's really touching for a series that's usually insanely bombastic and unreal

I held it together until that part...

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i've still to clear FFXV, i spent so much time doing the hunts and sidequests, and that was even before you could pick up several hunting missions at a time.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

FFXV is one of the few games where I started a new game+ immediately after finishing it.

The DLC side stories are cool too, except Gladio's

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Tutorial for noobs.:

https://twitter.com/synthyzone/status/1310092465983152128

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Trying ff9 for the first time, I'm at the ice cave and liking it so far. Are there any tips or missable things I should remember

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

there's about 1000000000000000 hidden secrets and missable things so i recommend not giving a poo poo and playing a game at your own pace

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Trying ff9 for the first time, I'm at the ice cave and liking it so far. Are there any tips or missable things I should remember

Pretty much every boss has great equipment to steal on them but you're going to drive yourself crazy actually trying to get all of it because some of it is like less than a 1% chance.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

When you've reached the end of Disc 1, be sure to save before swapping to Disc 2.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

If you've plugged your controller into port 2, beware! It won't work! Put it in port 1 instead.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

If your whole team falls to 0 HP, or "hit points," you will lose the game and likely some progress. Try not to let this happen, although it's OK if it does.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah! posted:

If your whole team falls to 0 HP, or "hit points," you will lose the game and likely some progress. Try not to let this happen, although it's OK if it does.

Also worth noting, this will become harder to do as the game goes along. That's OK! That's supposed to happen. Try not to let it get you down.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

To defeat the boss, hit it until it dies.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

A lot of guides I've seen say things like 'reset the game until you get a perfect 100 on the sword minigame' which is pretty lol, I'll just prioritize stealing and see what happens. The character design in this is really good

Fungah! posted:

I did some grinding in the dark forest and died to a wolf, I was wondering what happened, thank you.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

If you can’t beat Beatrix just drop the game imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

FF9 is one of the most straight forward games ever, just play and learn cool abilities etc. It's not a difficult game