Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I heard a little bit of Arthur today and it reminded me of the Good Hank Bobbycare episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

I keep seeing this in my recommendations and I keep refusing to click it because I know exactly what it's going to be.

same

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i wonder how many men boomhaur has killed...

50?

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

it's jeff boomhauer you plebeian

Ooof my pride!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Just gonna leave this here:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Pretty good Bill, below average Hank, and terrible Dale and Boomhauer.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Yup

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Johnny Aztec posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhh3IH8E7lU

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Bobby was Never Meant To Be A Man

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.
Bill: Why don't we just call Hank?
Dale: No. Hank must never know we were in here. Our society stigmatizes the mentally ill... and rightfully so, these people are nuts!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
"was your mother in a house?"
"well... she's been in a halfway house, and in the big house"

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Hahaha when Hank is cleansing Bobby's room of "smut" in the boy band episode he throws away a magician's hat and a model of the Eiffel tower

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

King of the Hill debuted on January 12, 1997

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px03yfZeO0M

manero
Jan 30, 2006

It would have been disrespectful of me not to bludgeon the Irishman.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

In the episode "Hank's Back Story" it is revealed that Hank Hill has a medical condition where he has no rear end whatsoever. However in the ending credits scene for the episode Traffic Jam, Hank Hill states that the racial stereotype of White people possessing no butts is not true, with Black comedian-turned-propane-salesman Roger "Booda" Sack agreeing with him and adding that:

A. Hank Hill is self-evident proof that this assertion is false and that

B. Hank Hill's butt is "drat fine"

Did Hank Hill unknowingly cut his rear end off in the two seasons between the episodes? Does Booda Sack have terrible taste in butts? Frankly I don't know what to believe anymore.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

In the episode "Hank's Back Story" it is revealed that Hank Hill has a medical condition where he has no rear end whatsoever. However in the ending credits scene for the episode Traffic Jam, Hank Hill states that the racial stereotype of White people possessing no butts is not true, with Black comedian-turned-propane-salesman Roger "Booda" Sack agreeing with him and adding that:

A. Hank Hill is self-evident proof that this assertion is false and that

B. Hank Hill's butt is "drat fine"

Did Hank Hill unknowingly cut his rear end off in the two seasons between the episodes? Does Booda Sack have terrible taste in butts? Frankly I don't know what to believe anymore.

sucking up to his boss

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Maybe Hank was wearing his falsies.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Which is the episode where Boomhauer speaks perfect Spanish? My sister works as a Spanish Interpreter, and the last time she saw it was before she had even decided on a degree in Spanish. Since it's on Hulu now, we're watching it from the beginning, and she has to be the one who has the remote, because when Peggy speaks Spanish, she often has to pause the show from laughing so hard at Peggy's word choices and terrible, terrible accent.
That's just another amazing detail this show does. Not only did they write Peggy speaking terrible Spanish, they wrote it in such a way that it's hilarious to bilingual speakers who know both English and Spanish.
For instance, in Hank's Got the Willies, she tells Hank that he needs to spend some time with Bobby and talk to him "mano a mano" which obviously she thinks means "man to man", but actually means "hand to hand", when "mano a mano" is also a phrase with a connotation that means a conflict between two people.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Boomhauer speaks French in the Canadians episode, I don't remember him ever speaking Spanish

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Peggy Hill es bueno

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Catalina posted:

Which is the episode where Boomhauer speaks perfect Spanish? My sister works as a Spanish Interpreter, and the last time she saw it was before she had even decided on a degree in Spanish. Since it's on Hulu now, we're watching it from the beginning, and she has to be the one who has the remote, because when Peggy speaks Spanish, she often has to pause the show from laughing so hard at Peggy's word choices and terrible, terrible accent.
That's just another amazing detail this show does. Not only did they write Peggy speaking terrible Spanish, they wrote it in such a way that it's hilarious to bilingual speakers who know both English and Spanish.
For instance, in Hank's Got the Willies, she tells Hank that he needs to spend some time with Bobby and talk to him "mano a mano" which obviously she thinks means "man to man", but actually means "hand to hand", when "mano a mano" is also a phrase with a connotation that means a conflict between two people.

Peggy's Spanish is genius.

All the mistakes she makes in her famous courtroom speech in Lupe's Revenge are all very easy mistakes to make because they're all almost the right word but not quite like "caballo" (meaning horse) instead of "caballero" (gentleman) or sound very similar to an English word despite meaning something different. (Embarazada means pregnant not embarrassed, and its actually a mistake English-speakers are so infamous for making that almost every Spanish textbook will repeatedly remind you not to make it.)

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Peggy's Spanish is genius.

All the mistakes she makes in her famous courtroom speech in Lupe's Revenge are all very easy mistakes to make because they're all almost the right word but not quite like "caballo" (meaning horse) instead of "caballero" (gentleman) or sound very similar to an English word despite meaning something different. (Embarazada means pregnant not embarrassed, and its actually a mistake English-speakers are so infamous for making that almost every Spanish textbook will repeatedly remind you not to make it.)

"I have many good anuses ahead of me."

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Is Boomhauer's french Canadian/Quebecois French, or is it southern French? I haven't seen the episode in years, and I can't remember.

Bill speaking southern French is wonderful. Did he call Bobby 'Booby', or am I just misremembering? I loved how 'Boomhauer' was said without one hint of a French accent, though.

EDIT: Not quite 'Booby', and it cuts off RIGHT before Boomhauer's introduced. drat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69lHxl2HUfA

One thing that King of the Hill tangentially taught me (it made me look it up, years ago), is that 'cajun' French is actually a form of 'Acadian' French, which is from New Brunswick, Canada, which is where I'm from. :toot: I thought that was pretty loving cool!

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Jan 16, 2019

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Catalina posted:

My sister works as a Spanish Interpreter, and the last time she saw it was before she had even decided on a degree in Spanish. Since it's on Hulu now, we're watching it from the beginning, and she has to be the one who has the remote, because when Peggy speaks Spanish, she often has to pause the show from laughing so hard at Peggy's word choices and terrible, terrible accent.

You don't have to know much spanish to know peggy is god awful at it

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Hahaha when Hank is cleansing Bobby's room of "smut" in the boy band episode he throws away a magician's hat and a model of the Eiffel tower

Nudity!

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
But its Radio Disney!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Milo and POTUS posted:

You don't have to know much spanish to know peggy is god awful at it

It gets worse as the show goes on. So either the skydiving fall scrambled her brains and she's reaching for the wrong words and just existing is a struggle, or the writers just did it for comedic effect. What's the first episode she speaks Spanish and was it actually fluent?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

pixaal posted:

It gets worse as the show goes on. So either the skydiving fall scrambled her brains and she's reaching for the wrong words and just existing is a struggle, or the writers just did it for comedic effect. What's the first episode she speaks Spanish and was it actually fluent?

She might get a phrase or two right but I think it's accidentally. And the pronunciation is probably always terrible.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I love that the show just allowed Peggy’s Spanish and other terrible pronunciations to happen without at any point stopping to let the audience know HEY EVERYONE PEGGY IS TALKING LIKE AN IDIOT ISNT THAT FUNNY!?

She also pronounced Iwo Jima as Iwo Hima.

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich
The biggest troublemaker is Peggy, she smokes crack. When she’s not on camera, she’ll hit that pipe, I mean hit it like it’s on fire, and cause all types of problems with hank and the amazing Luanne.

Dale grows weed. Hate to break it to you, but Dales a fiend, started smoking wu’s at sixteen, picture this, hairy chests with many minks, claimed he couldn’t die, extra live, fifteen shots in his fish tank

His pet piranha? He named him marijuana, smoking ganja, calling his weed pipes Sandra, claiming New York was ancient babylon..

Where the skies stay grey, like the color of herowon

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Gutcruncher posted:

I love that the show just allowed Peggy’s Spanish and other terrible pronunciations to happen without at any point stopping to let the audience know HEY EVERYONE PEGGY IS TALKING LIKE AN IDIOT ISNT THAT FUNNY!?

Iwo Hima is the funniest one to me.

It was also really neat that Peggy went through two career changes throughout the show.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Milo and POTUS posted:

She might get a phrase or two right but I think it's accidentally. And the pronunciation is probably always terrible.

B-but she can roll the R's!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
in the episode where peggy secretly gives hank testosterone, she pronounces hispanic with a silent h

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Her pronunciation of Enrique. Ahnrique.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

The Propane Maniacs!

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

While her awful Spanish is great, the times she corrects native speakers is peak Peggy Hill.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gutcruncher posted:

I love this

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

killer crane posted:

While her awful Spanish is great, the times she corrects native speakers is peak Peggy Hill.

I recieved a lot of calls from Mexico, their Spanish wasn't great, but I could still piece together that they were getting sick after drinking Alamo beer.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I recieved a lot of calls from Mexico, their Spanish wasn't great, but I could still piece together that they were getting sick after drinking Alamo beer.

the understated joke in that episode is she somehow stumbled into that job because Alamo was so desperate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

the understated joke in that episode is she somehow stumbled into that job because Alamo was so desperate

I love understated jokes, the bananas gag reminds me of trailer park boys when Trevor steals so many of them for the wedding and after getting loving chewed out for it the next cut is to them all eating one as they drive away.