Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

its all nice on rice posted:

Find out in Fast and Furious 9!

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M42
Nov 12, 2012

What is it about Brazil that makes the bike culture out there so nuts?

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I mean, the place is pretty much a dual sport urban paradise. Plus, I bet bikes are way easier to get ahold of and own in the vast lower income population. Also, human life seems more fleeting, so they feel more free to take safety risks.

I don't know that much about the topic, though.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

The road system of a third world country with the median income of a second world country?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

The road system of a third world country with the median income of a second world country?

And law enforcement too busy being corrupt and brutal to give a poo poo about traffic violations and other poo poo people in middle class suburbs whine about.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

M42 posted:

What is it about Brazil that makes the bike culture out there so nuts?

When death is a blessing inhibitions wane.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
9.5 on the dismount

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Anyone who hasn't ridden an XR650R really, really should.

Except that guy.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Is it much different from a KLR?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

RadioPassive posted:

Is it much different from a KLR?

Yes, an XR650R is a liquid cooled, aluminum frame, kick start only factory baja 1000 bike

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The xr650L is the one that's similar to the KLR

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

ah that's what I'm thinking of, right

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

EX250 Type R posted:

Yes, an XR650R is a liquid cooled, aluminum frame, kick start only factory baja 1000 bike

It's also a wheelie machine that floods if you idle too long on a downward slope. It's amazing.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Fanelien posted:

It's also a wheelie machine that floods if you idle too long on a downward slope. It's amazing.

I think of them as being like a KTM duke but made properly.

Other metaphor: 2 wheeled landcruiser 70 with a 1UZ.

Slavvy fucked around with this message at 06:53 on May 8, 2017

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
"wheelie tractor"

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
XR650R rides like the grandpa version of a 690, but all the gas weight is up high and wheelies are harder

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://www.facebook.com/CharlesTrentLimited/videos/1291833070912610/

Whoops.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Dakar racers never cease to amaze me.

"I can't get caught on anything under the water if I hydroplane the whole way." :madmax:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Not only that, those bikes are apparently ~400 pounds fully loaded.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!
The vehicle crossing the water appears to be a car.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Who did this

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Anyone who has ridden a ninja 250?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
they can do wheelies, that person just didnt try hard enough

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Even the dumbass who shops at our store and took the pipe off his ninja can do wheelies.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Revvik posted:

Who did this

Kawasaki.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

EX250 Type R posted:

they can do wheelies, that person just didnt try hard enough
It's true. I did it once being a dumbass and it convinced me to never try wheelies again.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

This is the pass that changed the 2017 250 supercross championship last saturday.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
So that's where Pastor Maldonado ended up.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

shacked up with Brenda posted:

This is the pass that changed the 2017 250 supercross championship last saturday.

oh man I would loving murder that dude.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

oh man I would loving murder that dude.

Yeah, I don't know anything about racing, but that seems dirty as hell

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

To be fair it kind of looks like old matey in green completely parked it on the corner in comparison to the other dude, who looks like he was just fkn nailing it through the corner with no regard for the other dude.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Osborne fell in the first turn and was chasing everyone down the whole race. That's a fairly standard supercross pass, just Savatgy (green) happened to fall down from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L08ECaPfalc

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Rubbin' is racin'

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Deeters posted:

Osborne fell in the first turn and was chasing everyone down the whole race. That's a fairly standard supercross pass, just Savatgy (green) happened to fall down from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L08ECaPfalc

I don't have a huge problem with that pass, but he got fined $7,500 for it and it's definitely not your run of the mill block pass.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

shacked up with Brenda posted:

:rock:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Not gonna lie, Dakar seems loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Odette posted:

Not gonna lie, Dakar seems loving awesome.

Also seems a very spectacular way to die in a desert. I don't know even if I had the skills if I'd have to stones to do it.