Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Race Realists posted:

ok im legit convinced half of these wokescolds are just cointelpro :tinfoil:

I'm not one to attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence but lately I feel this way too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
You guys haven't even posted the Walmart rose emoji guys worst crime

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1253054042340642817?s=19

He was a moderator

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Whatever happened to that other guy who wrote 100,000 word long blogposts about how chapo are fash because stupidpol exists and because somebody pretended to be felix in a discord server

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Seams posted:

Whatever happened to that other guy who wrote 100,000 word long blogposts about how chapo are fash because stupidpol exists and because somebody pretended to be felix in a discord server

Pretty sure that's the same person.

I think at one point this person has had a 200 tweet long thread about podcasts she doesn't like

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Seams posted:

That Peter Soeller guy? He got banned from twitter, possibly for being a sex weird

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

DSA guy who works for the wallmart intelligence division is a great addition to the twitter psycho canon. getfiscal created him in a dream

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Apoplexy posted:

Not only is he a Wal-Mart Corporate person. He works SURVEILLANCE TECH for them.

https://twitter.com/SeanMcCarthyCom/status/1253050148948713472

And he worked at McKinsey in 2012-2014.

...Jesus Christ.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

He was a moderator

He says "a podcast raining ableism and misogyny down" but what I see is "a podcast being mean to my peeps at McKinsey" lol

EDIT: What is it with intel nerds and moderating forums? Junpei Hyde, are you a CIA operative? NSA analyst? Just like to tote computer gear through enemy territory for the state department?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Accusing Chapo of ableism seems so weird considering Matt is literally physically disabled

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bust Rodd posted:

Accusing Chapo of ableism seems so weird considering Matt is literally physically disabled

They don't know that, none of these people have ever actually listened to Chapo

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

Also Will has an unnerving lazy eye, but it's easy for the extremely online rose emoji crew to call Chapo ableist because of that guy who Amber invited to come door knocking with her and he had a meltdown online about it

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
let that sink in

https://twitter.com/MikeIsaac/status/1253152178849505280

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Bust Rodd posted:

People with physical disabilities can be ableist themselves, internalization is a hell of a drug.

I don't think chapo is any more ableist than the ambient ableism that shows up anywhere that isn't actively working against it tho. There's more useful things for the chapophobes to be doing, but that applies to everyone on the internet.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Lol the ICP has more concern for its constituents than the Mayor of Las Vegas.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/KrillTusk/status/1253023783620927489

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Some of yall are excusing Ch*po ablism saying ablism is everywhere on the internet, have yall considered that Ch*po gets by far the most money on Patreon? /43

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

He was a moderator

last RT was this

https://twitter.com/th3j35t3r/status/1253203914767376385

https://twitter.com/KrillTusk/status/1253031711576858629

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Apr 23, 2020

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Grevling posted:

Some of yall are excusing Ch*po ablism saying ablism is everywhere on the internet, have yall considered that Ch*po gets by far the most money on Patreon? /43

Gwenny Need Drinky

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Crane Fist posted:

They don't know that, none of these people have ever actually listened to Chapo

you'd think with their obsessive chronicling of the hosts' lives they'd have read the couple interviews where he mentions it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/posadist_trapgd/status/1253074757676945410?s=20

Hutter
Feb 16, 2011

It's been giving me nightmares.
I genuinely can’t tell if that is sincerely or sarcastically written.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s pretty funny when people lob “intersectionality” out there, a completely bullshit phrase that no two leftists can agree on a definition of and that doesn’t really convey any of the ideas it was crafted for, because it’s a smokescreen intended to obfuscate the reality that all IDPol bullshit is designed by the elite to keep the poors cannibalising ourselves. Younger kids join the conversation digitally before they have any understanding of class solidarity and they believe their personal identity is a more important battleground. It sucks so bad because it’s working lmao

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Apr 23, 2020

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Gripweed posted:

Don't be friends with Dan Harmon, seems like a generally good rule.

Funny enough, Spencer was just on behind the bastards talking about the battle of Blair Mountain and union busting... wonder if his bosses' hissyfits over animation unionization is going to come up?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s pretty funny when people lob “intersectionality” out there, a completely bullshit phrase that no two leftists can agree on a definition of and that doesn’t really convey any of the ideas it was crafted for, because it’s a smokescreen intended to obfuscate the reality that all IDPol bullshit is designed by the elite to keep the poors cannibalising ourselves and because younger. Younger kids join the conversation digitally before they have any understanding of class solidarity and they believe their personal identity is a more important battleground. It sucks so bad because it’s working lmao

its a huge problem on this very forum

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I dont even know what the gently caress Intersectionality even is but all I hear is a liberal divide and conquer tactic.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
On the latest This Is Sus episode do they ever realize that Ron Livingston is not Kyle Chandler? Not sure if I can make it through an hour if them messing that up

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

General Dog posted:

On the latest This Is Sus episode do they ever realize that Ron Livingston is not Kyle Chandler? Not sure if I can make it through an hour if them messing that up

Yes.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Nothus posted:

It always boils down to being jelly about the money.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1253332675315724289

the most hosed up thing about this is she will absolutely consider using this to an advantage :smith:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Paladin posted:

Funny enough, Spencer was just on behind the bastards talking about the battle of Blair Mountain and union busting... wonder if his bosses' hissyfits over animation unionization is going to come up?

To Be Fair(tm) if you've listened to Harmontown over the last three and a half years he's actually gotten a little better on his politics. i remember him and Spencer talking about how much they liked Hypernormalization and having a boatload of DSA members on their show

Justin Roiland was the one bitching about the Union workers. hth

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Apr 23, 2020

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

The only thing I learned from the Chapo to fash screed is I should look into getting an addie prescription.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Bust Rodd posted:

Concern for ableism among online leftists is entirely confined to getting mad at podcasts for using the r-word, or in extreme cases telling people they're not allowed to call someone stupid or crazy.

I'm sure someone in a DSA chapter somewhere is doing real activism for the intellectually disabled, but I've never seen or even heard of it. The online leftists I know started talking about ableism when Amber was involved in that M4A canvassing brouhaha, and stopped talking about it when it blew over. It's entirely about scolding.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
"This is Sus" is great.

I'm shocked the "A Million Little Things" characters are all scumbags because the commercials made it look like one of those "perfect people get tortured by the show's writers" dramas.

The commercials also looked like the show was going to glorify suicide. Like a ton, they had a huge ad campaign to launch that one and it was all like, "The perfect man ... kills himself????"

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

OxySnake posted:

The only thing I learned from the Chapo to fash screed is I should look into getting an addie prescription.

i just assumed everybody itt already did by default :v:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Race Realists posted:

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1253332675315724289

the most hosed up thing about this is she will absolutely consider using this to an advantage :smith:

Is this the same brother who got mad at her for lying about what their dad did for a living?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Race Realists posted:

To Be Fair(tm) if you've listened to Harmontown over the last three and a half years he's actually gotten a little better on his politics. i remember him and Spencer talking about how much they liked Hypernormalization and having a boatload of DSA members on their show

Justin Roiland was the one bitching about the Union workers. hth

Roiland was the one who had the public meltdown on Reddit but Harmon was the one who owned the shell corporations involved and orchestrated the move from Starburns to Rick and Morty LLC to weasel out of having to pay healthcare. The way he's been able to sweep that, the sexual harassment, and the workplace abuse under the rug is just astounding, like all an rear end in a top hat millionaire that thinks Bernie Bros are just as bad as the Proud Boys has to do is talk about sticking a sharpie up his butt once and everyone thinks he's their buddy.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

Roiland was the one who had the public meltdown on Reddit but Harmon was the one who owned the shell corporations involved and orchestrated the move from Starburns to Rick and Morty LLC to weasel out of having to pay healthcare. The way he's been able to sweep that, the sexual harassment, and the workplace abuse under the rug is just astounding, like all an rear end in a top hat millionaire that thinks Bernie Bros are just as bad as the Proud Boys has to do is talk about sticking a sharpie up his butt once and everyone thinks he's their buddy.

didn't he publicly apologize to the lady on twitter? reeeally hope you don't take that the wrong way

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 23, 2020

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Race Realists posted:

didn't he publicly apologize to the lady on twitter? reeeally you don't take that the wrong way
:goonsay:

He apologized on twitter, it's fine guys! She lost her job and was blackballed by the industry because of him for two years but everything's good now!

Harmon tried leveraging her job to get to gently caress her. He's a massive piece of poo poo man. How the gently caress does an apology fix that?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Odddzy posted:

Harmon tried leveraging her job to get to gently caress her. He's a massive piece of poo poo man. How the gently caress does an apology fix that?
By doing a long, heartfelt public apology on his podcast that Ganz commended, accepted and then said she forgives him.

I don't follow any of the Harmon stuff, but that story went out there and then quickly tied up nicely for everyone involved. Its a bit silly bringing this back up to go after him when theres plenty of other things to go after him for.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Gorn Myson posted:

By doing a long, heartfelt public apology on his podcast that Ganz commended, accepted and then said she forgives him.

I don't follow any of the Harmon stuff, but that story went out there and then quickly tied up nicely for everyone involved. Its a bit silly bringing this back up to go after him when theres plenty of other things to go after him for.

Gonna guess you've never been sex pested by your boss and then fired.

The world would be a much better place if they put antiandrogens in the drinking water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Gorn Myson posted:

There are a lot of reasons why I can say I don't like Harmon. Where I, like other posters, choose to draw the line on lovely behavior doesn't get to be policed by you and your personal ethics. If he did to me what he did to her, i'd never accept the apology and you don't get to choose where people draw the line here.