Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
The arrow isn't bad because a bad person made it. The arrow is bad because its function is monstrous. There's nothing inherently wrong with using its design to make something else. That's like looking at the robots of the Court and thinking there is something wrong with them just because Diego had a hand in their origin.

I think it's pretty clear she's asking about Robo Angel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dr Subterfuge posted:

looking at the robots of the Court and thinking there is something wrong with them just because Diego had a hand in their origin.

Excuse me have you seen how terrible they are?

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Synthbuttrange posted:

Excuse me have you seen how terrible they are?

Hey now. For every Boxbot, there's a Robox.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Finally, some rage from the rage ghost.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Twist in 3... 2... 1... (two days)

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
She's going crazy, but Parley doesn't seem any worse for it.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Maybe when Jeanne cut the strings between her and Smitty, that had unintended consequences. Like, she's cut off from the concept of consequence entirely, or something like that.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lol has that turned into some sort of weird metajoke while I wasnt looking

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

This time I'm just genuinely posting theories while drunk, but sure, let's go with the metajoke thing.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

> Ghost

> "Something is wrong"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Potato Salad posted:

> Ghost

> "Something is wrong"

Don't do that.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Oh. I guess that thing was important. Well, :rip: everyone

Pretty much what I expected from the start to be honest, ancient devices in hidden areas are always keeping some evil in check

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I'm guessing that device was just the thing keeping Jeanne tied to the river, rather than the thing making her a murderghost.

Good job guys!

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
The device kept her from realizing how long she has been down there without the internet. Now that it has released murder ghost realizes how many memes she has missed.

Side tangent: What kind of Internet does gunnerkrigg have?

mjau
Aug 8, 2008

Slime posted:

I'm guessing that device was just the thing keeping Jeanne tied to the river, rather than the thing making her a murderghost.

I think it tied her boyfriend to the river, and Jeanne stayed to be close to him. Now she can't feel his presence anymore.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Donkringel posted:

The device kept her from realizing how long she has been down there without the internet. Now that it has released murder ghost realizes how many memes she has missed.

Well they have Ethernet everywhere, yet it appears to be wireless

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

CrashCat posted:

Well they have Ethernet everywhere, yet it appears to be wireless

:golfclap:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Jeanne going wild looks kinda less dangerous to Parley than Jeanne in control.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Jeanne going wild looks kinda less dangerous to Parley than Jeanne in control.

It's like the laser corridor: there's a short delay before Parley just collapses into perfectly chopped cubes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Preview of the next update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8p-CYk7lwQ

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Donkringel posted:

It's the normal Internet except all the doges and lolcats are pidges and lolgeons instead. Outside of the Court the images are unmodified.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

I think that was her heart returning to her, so this is her becoming more than a rage ghost. Whether that's good or not...

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

:perfect:

I wonder if Greenbro's soul'll be able to come by and calm things down before they get unpleasant.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Slime posted:

Good job guys!

Haha that would be the best twist. We've all been expecting Jeanne's removal to allow the cold war between the Forest and Court to erupt.

Instead, it releases a murderghost that kills indiscriminately on both sides, forcing them to work together!

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
It's a good thing we have somebody on hand here who can help spirits pass on to the afterlife

Also they still haven't mentioned what's on the other side of the river

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I expect at leave 1 scar/gaping wound for everyone involved when Jeanne goes feral and attacks anything that moves.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

dragon enthusiast posted:

It's a good thing we have somebody on hand here who can help spirits pass on to the afterlife

Also they still haven't mentioned what's on the other side of the river

murderfairies

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

There's something with the malevolent shadow / glass eyed men here. The river bridge is ultra well lit, there's shadow men hiding in the Court trying to break out occasionally using tree/hound puppets, and Tom emphasizes in his video on the MOON MARTIANS!! chapter that he intended to convey that there was a debate between the first Court protector Sir Young and Diego on how to ... (mystery here).

I think Diego and Sir Young had different opinions on how to protect the court from Mysterious Thing Related To Glass Eyed Men. Young's answer involved the Court's sigil-warded protector; Diego built combat robots and eventually a raging wraith sentry.

Jeanne's comment, "She has the strength of a dragonslayer!" -- were they more common in her day? I wonder whether there were more Court Protectors or deputies in Jeanne's time, before their role became somewhat redundant because a murderghost is so much more effective at deterrence.

The crew is about to advance that plot, I think, by unraveling one of the cornerstones of the unspoken stalemate between the forest and court.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Dec 22, 2016

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Its hard to look at how many cues Tom takes from Metal Gear and not try to break the quiet but definitely tense Court vs Forest cold war down in terms of deterrence and superweapons.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Potato Salad posted:

Its hard to look at how many cues Tom takes from Metal Gear and not try to break the quiet but definitely tense Court vs Forest cold war down in terms of deterrence and superweapons.
Les Boxbots Terribles

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

CrashCat posted:

Les Boxbots Terribles

Les Boîtebots Terribles. :france:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Good eye, Annie.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Oh poo poo she downloaded esp mods.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

My guess is that Andrew's power bringing order to Parley's bipping is giving her away, since Jeanne can see the "strings"

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Looks to me like he's clearing the way by moving air molecules out of the way, and that's what she's cluing in on. Seeing the void.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Parley's about to get got :smith:

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Then we'll see murder-Andrew

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Jeanne can see where Parley's going because Jeanne's abilities as a murder ghost include sensing when and where she's about to kill someone.

Like psychometry but in reverse and it only works with her sword.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I remember this part, she just needs to switch the controller port

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I remember this part, she just needs to switch the controller port

"You like Castlevania, don't you George?"