Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

You're right. Friends of ours have a seven year old that loves watching British people talk about Minecraft on YouTube.

I'd pay good money to see Jeff do an update with a British accent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
i've fixed overwatch, thoughts?

e: So far I really like what you can set on a custom server. Some things you can't adjust yet that I'm sure will come with time, like Reinhardt/Winston/Zarya shields.

Minera fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Feb 8, 2017

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Minrad posted:

i've fixed overwatch, thoughts?

e: So far I really like what you can set on a custom server. Some things you can't adjust yet that I'm sure will come with time, like Reinhardt/Winston/Zarya shields.

i dunno about reaper needing more health, but i'm kinda curious what increased projectile speed on junkrat would actually look like

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i dunno about reaper needing more health, but i'm kinda curious what increased projectile speed on junkrat would actually look like

on this new server browser thing, could you turn Junkrat into a hitscan character?

Parachute
May 18, 2003
is it possible to change junkrat's grenade death thing to act/look like dva's mech bomb?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Parachute posted:

is it possible to change junkrat's grenade death thing to act/look like dva's mech bomb?

Nah, right now there's just toggles for all abilities/ults, cooldown toggles, ult charge rate, and then a generic set of healing done/received, damage done/received, health, etc

I assume over time whenever they make some change like, Bastion being able to heal while taking damage, it will become a toggleable option.

Minera fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 8, 2017

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

It sure is interesting how much settings you can adjust. I wonder what kind of creative mechanics people will come up with to cheat the system in one way or another. Like some kind of auto-play for 24/7.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Poque posted:

on this new server browser thing, could you turn Junkrat into a hitscan character?

Kerrrrrrr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuYG1g3FIg8

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

it's beautiful :allears:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

This is the only true gameplay mode now.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Interesting that they're continuing to model new spawn locations for the KotH maps. So far they only exist in CTF, but I wonder if the dropship versions will eventually be completely phased out?

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Poque posted:

This is the only true gameplay mode now.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sonic the Junkrat

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

i set up a public 2 FAST 2 JUNKRAT game on the PTR if people want to come try it out. it needs a full team I guess to actually start the game. It's Junkrat only with most of those settings the same (it really does not work with his health and health regen so ridiculous). I'll chill there for a little bit

edit: turns out i don't actually know how to only have one specific hero? I tried turning all the rest off but it doesn't work

edit: figured it out!

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 8, 2017

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Should get a council of top 500 players to collaborate and make a mutually agreed-upon "fixed" ruleset for custom games.

Or a goon one. :getin:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Like probably the first thing I'm gonna do is set up a server with just base Overwatch but 1.1 or 1.2x movement speeds but holy poo poo this is exciting.

Can you save setting templates for later use?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there a option to add more then 12 players on the new servers? It would be a clusterfuck, but it would be back to the glory days of the LC. Especially if we can turn off the idle kicker.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Is there way to like... mod?? other players so that if you get DCd your custom game doesn't just go away

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Is there way to like... mod?? other players so that if you get DCd your custom game doesn't just go away

I thought the lobby leader position was given to someone else if the current leader dropped mid game?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

I thought the lobby leader position was given to someone else if the current leader dropped mid game?

Oh so it is! Cool! Came back and it's full, gamemode a success

Lemonpieman
Jan 18, 2010
First server I joined was 6 reins vs 1 mcree and the mcree could one shot them, it was absolutely incredible.

After that though, I've been having a hell of a time getting my custom server filled beyond half before people just give up and leave. The game mode I came up with seems really fun too, 2 soldiers v 6 fast Winstons with low hp (and a bunch of other little tweaks). Oh well, gotta give up for now.

If anybody wants to give soldiers vs apes a shot later, add me at lemonpieman#1484 and hopefully we can get the 8 people we need.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

First match I joined in the PTR was 6v6, Bastion vs Reinhardt only on Eichenwalde. Lore accurate and fun as hell, hahaha.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Crossposting from the chill thread:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

6 anas vs 1 winston, the winston has increases damage/health and ana only ahs sleep dart

1 tracer with no abilities and the anas must save the tracer from the gorilla

Minera fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 8, 2017

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
killing a super winston 5 hp at a time after landing one dart doesn't sound too fun

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Dr Cheeto posted:

Thank you Jeff for explaining what a server browser is this is the first time I've played a video game
I would not be surprised if most of OW's playerbase have never seen one before, they're not common at all anymore.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The level of customization in the server browser seems really good. Having so much to modify for each hero is good for both backseat balance testing and bizarre gimmick gamemodes with uneven teams.

Someone work out a good 1v6 raidboss mode TiA.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Someone work out a good 1v6 raidboss mode TiA.

this would be amazing if you could modify the size of the actual player models. Imagine 6 tiny Lucios trying desperately to doot a 100 ft tall Winston off a cliff.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

6 D.vas versus a Giant Zenyatta

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

6 D.vas versus a Giant Zenyatta

omnic crisis reenactments sound like good scenarios

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

OMG - it's Quake! :D

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Poque posted:

this would be amazing if you could modify the size of the actual player models. Imagine 6 tiny Lucios trying desperately to doot a 100 ft tall Winston off a cliff.

Already better than Evolve.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I have opened like 12 loot boxes during this event and I don't have a single skin yet :smith:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Ehud posted:

I have opened like 12 loot boxes during this event and I don't have a single skin yet :smith:

thats not very many boxes tbh

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
OW has officially taken TF2's place. God speed.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
not until we are allowed to build custom maps

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Honestly It's not surprising.

Like looking at a picture of TF2's cast , them all being dudes is such a glaring limitation on character design, and you can kind of tell that they were designed in a vacuum, like I wouldn't be surprised if the idea to make someone a woman even ever came up.

Actually now I think I sort of remember reading that the medic was supposed to be a girl and then in testing nobody picked her until they changed her model but left her mechanically alone.

Meanwhile, Overwatch has easily the most diverse cast in gaming (outside of a fighting game franchise like Neo-Geo or something) and I always kind of smile when I see my team and it's like d.Va/Mercy/Ana/Tracer/Zarya/Pharah. Girl Power!

Also TF2 is like super muddy & brown, the first thing every single person who see Overwatch says is "Wow this game is so bright & colorful".

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's a weird world we live in that tf2 is considered muddy and brown now

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Bust Rodd posted:

Honestly It's not surprising.

Like looking at a picture of TF2's cast , them all being dudes is such a glaring limitation on character design, and you can kind of tell that they were designed in a vacuum, like I wouldn't be surprised if the idea to make someone a woman even ever came up.

Actually now I think I sort of remember reading that the medic was supposed to be a girl and then in testing nobody picked her until they changed her model but left her mechanically alone.

Meanwhile, Overwatch has easily the most diverse cast in gaming (outside of a fighting game franchise like Neo-Geo or something) and I always kind of smile when I see my team and it's like d.Va/Mercy/Ana/Tracer/Zarya/Pharah. Girl Power!

Also TF2 is like super muddy & brown, the first thing every single person who see Overwatch says is "Wow this game is so bright & colorful".

I mean, yeah diversity is cool, but it's a stretch to credit that with OW being bigger than TF2 given TF2 is a decade old and has been pretty mismanaged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jeza posted:

I mean, yeah diversity is cool, but it's a stretch to credit that with OW being bigger than TF2 given TF2 is a decade old and has been pretty mismanaged.

It seems like Overwatch has had a much broader and larger fandom talking about it outside the game, but that might just be because of social media

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's a weird world we live in that tf2 is considered muddy and brown now

The mid 2000s were a dire time