Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

the more I hear of this trump guy, the more I don't care for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

GobiasIndustries posted:

i bet this wedding was a blast

fake smile, real smile, proud smile, real frown, scared, confused

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

MysteriousStranger posted:

I lived for a few years pretty much off conference food. Zero control over what time of day it happened and on some days it didn't happen. We did have them every day so it was a matter of many left overs we could scavenge. FWIW I didn't feel sick or even hungry during it. And the sort odd mix of salads, beef, chicken, soups, left me with a a taste for all of it.

I started with getting into work at the rear end crack of dawn and having to stay way too late. So cooking was off the table for a bit. Then I realized the sheer amount of excess food we generated and threw the gently caress out. Having made friends with the kitchen staff I just made it a point to show up once around 2pm and once around 8pm and just scavenge what they had. I made it through the morning by guzzling coffee and tea. If there wasn't much one day didn't matter, another day there would be a ton of it and I'd gorge.

We're omnivores, scavengers, predators. We are sort of built to eat on the fly while moving around and eat anything we come across. This three mails a day stuff is just nonsense.

Jesus you just perfectly described my own culinary life during catered event weeks at work lmao

Pretty much the only consistent is that you should fill yourself up with stimulants when you wake up

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

MaxxBot posted:

This guy eating next to me is on a rant about how Nickelback is actually good and is the unfair target of criticism.

hottest take I've seen in this thread yet

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Inside is a great game. Puzzles aren't too hard and the story makes yah think.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Lord of Pie posted:

Mnuchin gonna get fired for having a younger wife than Trump

melania spittin some cold who is the fairest of them all fire in that pic

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

smiling blandly is a very mcconnell description

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

GobiasIndustries posted:

lol @ trump's foot to pant-size ratio

is this what happens to rob liefeld characters when they get old?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

comingafteryouall posted:

so they want to punish states that run medicaid programs that are too generous, and give more funding to states that are run by scrooge mcducks

hosed up

yep and it lifts requirements that poor kids and elderly are automatically insured

states will save money!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
reminder that the house bill saved money by killing so many people that overall it would be cheaper

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

logikv9 posted:

i lived for a few months off that catered food that pharm reps bring into doctor's offices, so this technically makes me a big pharma shill and also first against the wall

That's how you do it! My food was meant for government types and donors.

poo poo I still pillage conference food where I am now. Though now it's for poo poo for firm partners. They don't finish it, I will!

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Sexual Lorax posted:

melania spittin some cold who is the fairest of them all fire in that pic

Can't wait for the first trump admin wives get together so we can post side by side comparison shots with a ukrainian realdoll warehouse

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

lol @ trump's foot to pant-size ratio

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
to really enjoy my nugs I need people to leave me the gently caress alone!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

poo poo I still pillage conference food where I am now. Though now it's for poo poo for firm partners. They don't finish it, I will!

It's not a bad thing you're doing, but past a certain salary level you just start to look like a rear end in a top hat. You don't want to get a reputation as the office raccoon.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
raccoons are proud and noble animals

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

So is he trying to speedrun the Nixon and Reagan admins at the same time?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vox posted:

Jerry Moran of Kansas and Bill Cassidy of Louisiana are the only two republican senators with town halls scheduled for this recess.

Kansas goons, it is your duty to show up with "Get a brain! Moran" sign

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Chris James 2 posted:

Kansas goons, it is your duty to show up with "Get a brain! Moran" sign

:lol:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
trump stupid so what

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Admiral Ray posted:

trump stupid so what

well

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/879892624441831424

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/Evan_McMullin/status/879889503082696704

no leaks right? we’re all family here

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

I lived for a few years pretty much off conference food. Zero control over what time of day it happened and on some days it didn't happen. We did have them every day so it was a matter of many left overs we could scavenge. FWIW I didn't feel sick or even hungry during it. And the sort odd mix of salads, beef, chicken, soups, left me with a a taste for all of it.

I started with getting into work at the rear end crack of dawn and having to stay way too late. So cooking was off the table for a bit. Then I realized the sheer amount of excess food we generated and threw the gently caress out. Having made friends with the kitchen staff I just made it a point to show up once around 2pm and once around 8pm and just scavenge what they had. I made it through the morning by guzzling coffee and tea. If there wasn't much one day didn't matter, another day there would be a ton of it and I'd gorge.

We're omnivores, scavengers, predators. We are sort of built to eat on the fly while moving around and eat anything we come across. This three mails a day stuff is just nonsense.
I also have the eating habits / palate of a cockroach.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Epic High Five posted:

Jesus you just perfectly described my own culinary life during catered event weeks at work lmao

Pretty much the only consistent is that you should fill yourself up with stimulants when you wake up

LOL!

Stimulants and liquid, most of us just don't down enough water.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

This Jim Jeffries show is p good and better than current Daily Show

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

MaxxBot posted:

This guy eating next to me is on a rant about how Nickelback is actually good and is the unfair target of criticism.

I'll give him a pass for having good taste in food at least.

i know youd like nickelback if youd just LOOK AT THIS PHOTOGRAPH

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Evan McMuffin knows all of the poo poo Trump did

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I also have the eating habits / palate of a cockroach.

Sous vide is boil in a bag and aioli is mayo

Do not place a lovely veneer over the instincts and biology that made us the dominant species in the first place

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

LOL!

Stimulants and liquid, most of us just don't down enough water.

Eh, drink a couple liters of tea or coffee a day and you'll be covered as far as fluid intake goes

The body doesn't gently caress around when it comes to hydration. If you are actually thirsty it will let you know

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Do not place a lovely veneer over the instincts and biology that made us the dominant species in the first place

are you saying cavemen ate mayo

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

fits my needs posted:

I can provide you more Zuck than anyone would ever want or need.

I AM ONE OF YOU FLESH-HUMANS LOOK AT ME DOING QUAINT HUMAN ACTIVITIES END COMMUNICATION

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

ah, so the frosty-tipped bag of mayo's big secret was mayo :thunk:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

The body doesn't gently caress around when it comes to hydration. If you are actually thirsty it will let you know

Yup being actually dehydrated is loving scary.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

punchymcpunch posted:

are you saying cavemen ate mayo

Would if they could

I'm saying that anything a foodie or nose in the air snob believes to be disgusting and too primitive will only last as long in their estimation as it takes for some celebrity chef to turn it into a $40/plate entree at a molecular gastronomy place and pay to have the recipe included in some thick, lovely coffee table book

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

TruMp!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lord Hydronium posted:

I AM ONE OF YOU FLESH-HUMANS LOOK AT ME DOING QUAINT HUMAN ACTIVITIES END COMMUNICATION

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

rofl

also gonna agree with Bitchell :thunk:

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/877347365136474112

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

logikv9 posted:

i lived for a few months off that catered food that pharm reps bring into doctor's offices, so this technically makes me a big pharma shill and also first against the wall

My employer has been providing lunches to my site for the past six months and it's maybe the #1 reason why I haven't quit even though I really dislike my job. Definitely top 3 at least.

• Locked thread