Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Grouchio posted:

Going with these theories.

I think it's at least consistent with the comic and the theme that violence is inevitable that someone who saw the shape of the universe and was medically inclined would develop a learned helplessness response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

pseudorandom name posted:

Sex is a form of punching.

The Great Indoor Fight

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Phy posted:

The Great Indoor Fight

A+

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Phy posted:

The Great Indoor Fight
It's a very tight squeeze to get into that particular hallway.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
I think something important here is that Jadis is asking questions, implying she doesn't know something.

I think that weird look on her face might be her trying to maintain composure.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I believe that this is not a dream or simulacrum, and that the skinny pale creature in that bed is our Allison in the flesh, such as it is. I also believe that the events which broke Jadis out of her rectangle have in some way invalidated her omniscience, rendering her once again both physically and mentally capable of intentional action, though possibly still disposed to fatalism. She has practiced medicine, which is fundamentally a practice of trying to heal someone. Trying is something that Jadis-in-a-box never did.

Jadis was said to have had a higher power level than Solomon David back in the day, and that guy totally just punched Jagganoth in the Jaggahog, so she's probably super good at killing when she wants to be (which used to be never). What's more, she went out in pursuit of knowledge, suggesting her affinity for, intelligence-related things, exceeds even her capacity for personal-style violence. Growing someone an intact new body even when their soul is hosed up seems like the sort of thing she would know how to do.

Whatever temptation Allison faces with Jadis, she's going to have to work to make her choice a reality, not just reject an illusion to escape it.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Jadis being blazed af all the time as a coping mechanism doesn't invalidate my theory.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The triumphant return of 419 Burn Without Hesitation Or Remorse?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

it's just a first impression but jadis could be just as hollowed out by pain as allison right now

sloth, from shellshock

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder what she means by Alison's spiritual core being unrefined.

Blackfish
Sep 12, 2007

we have to be prepared to smoke a thousand joints before our quest is complete
It's in a ton of xianxia/wuxia/cultivator fiction, the more refined the core is the more powerful/advanced you are. Blocked meridians prevent/hinder cultivation.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It means her vibe is wack

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I think something important here is that Jadis is asking questions, implying she doesn't know something.

I think that weird look on her face might be her trying to maintain composure.

Oh, this makes sense. If in all the past iterations the wheel got reset as Jagganoth defeats the Heir, then that might be the point at which Jadis's knowledge ends.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

habeasdorkus posted:

Oh, this makes sense. If in all the past iterations the wheel got reset as Jagganoth defeats the Heir, then that might be the point at which Jadis's knowledge ends.

Shades of the Loki season finale.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Reclaimer posted:

An angel statue punched a kung fu man so hard she turned into a flesh and blood human how is magical healing unbelievable

Ha, yeah I see what you mean. The situation feels off and that's making me question it all. :tinfoil:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

A lot depends on who you're punching. You'd not get a lot of healing by punching a humble noodle vendor.

Punching a god, though, that'll cure any and all ailments.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

nimby posted:

A lot depends on who you're punching. You'd not get a lot of healing by punching a humble noodle vendor.
Not with that attitude. Royalty is being able to punch a baby seal and cure cancer. For everyone.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder what she means by Alison's spiritual core being unrefined.

Blackfish posted:

It's in a ton of xianxia/wuxia/cultivator fiction, the more refined the core is the more powerful/advanced you are. Blocked meridians prevent/hinder cultivation.

let's get down to business
to defeat that lunk
did they send me a cotter
when I need the One?

I'm the finest mage you've ever met
And you can bet before we're through
Lady, I'll bring true Royalty out of you

(the mulan song just sprang out in my head when reading that post)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

nimby posted:

In the anime/LN Re:Zero there's a historical witch of Wrath (Minerva) whose aspect involved healing everything she punched, through punching.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

habeasdorkus posted:

That might be why she had the bigass smile when she emerged from the ground.

"Oh, something new is happening! I don't know what comes next! This is loving awesome!"

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Shadowlyger posted:

That might be why she had the bigass smile when she emerged from the ground.

"Oh, something new is happening! I don't know what comes next! This is loving awesome!"

Thats been my assumption since that panel. She doesn't know what happens next, and she's extremely happy about that.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm enjoying my re-re-read

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

nimby posted:

Acupuncher

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Jadis doesn't necessarily have to be a jerk to Allison be an ineffectual leader as the demiurges are known to be one way or another. Much like Mammon did some messed up stuff a long time ago, for quite a while he just sat around counting treasure, not really having the intent of being outright horrible, just useless and senile while his empire slowly crumbled.

Same with Jadis just sitting in her ice cube for next to eternity while her priests did a poor job of interpreting her prophecies, not because she was necessarily malicious, but just because she is sloth, and was like "meh, whatever, if I leave this thing I'm gonna die so I'm just gonna chill." However it also doesn't mean she doesn't have an ulterior motive or plan as well now.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Shoehead posted:

I am absolutely 0% surprised that FromSoft games have been an inspiration for Abaddon.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
2 Michael also directly quotes Bloodborne at one point, I think those are the most explicit

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

The "Swords Everywhere!" aesthetic made it pretty obvious to me a while ago lol

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Dracula Factory posted:

The "Swords Everywhere!" aesthetic made it pretty obvious to me a while ago lol

Excited for fire shooting birds with swords on their feet in the next arc

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Excited for fire shooting birds with swords on their feet in the next arc

Gonna go to an event where George RR Martin is in attendance and ask him why he invented those assholes

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Oxxidation posted:

2 Michael also directly quotes Bloodborne at one point, I think those are the most explicit

I'm still waitin for Bloodborne PC! It might be some time..

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
They're in the cube. This is Cube Space.

Also dang I hope Allison has read some Xianxia or she's not going to know what the gently caress Jadis is talking about in the middle there.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Someone who was an anime nerd probably has at least some exposure to the idea of ki meridians.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
She's been taught Angel Kung-Fu during a whole timeskip, I'm pretty sure she knows what chi is.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011
I kind of feel for Jadis, given she read All of Universal Twitter and worse things besides, and knowing for absolute sure she couldn't change anything.

Seconding the idea they're in mindspace.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

TwoQuestions posted:

I kind of feel for Jadis, given she read All of Universal Twitter and worse things besides, and knowing for absolute sure she couldn't change anything.

https://twitter.com/bartlebytaco/status/951865301611794434?s=20&t=Gz-manOiiOg7uJl88uRR0A

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Shoehead posted:

I mean,

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

onan's crime was that he didn't get his dead bro's wife an heir in accordance with the law, not that he jizzed on dirt or cranked hog. That was a later pervo-sexual hangup interpretation added in by the anti nutting religious faction, so jesus probably did not check that out unless it was a sin unrelated to blasting rope
:goonsay:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

SniperWoreConverse posted:

onan's crime was that he didn't get his dead bro's wife an heir in accordance with the law, not that he jizzed on dirt or cranked hog. That was a later pervo-sexual hangup interpretation added in by the anti nutting religious faction, so jesus probably did not check that out unless it was a sin unrelated to blasting rope
:goonsay:
Obviously, the sin was because it's gay! :pseudo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

it's a sin because Waluigi is a creature from outside of god's creation, a thing from an older universe that slid between the cracks to manifest in ours