Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Did one hour of Yo-Kai fate grinding today, and only got 1 legendary token :shepface:

If this is my luck, then uh... It's not worth it for a shiny car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
how many fates? i want to say i got around 10 medals from 35-40 fates

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

seiferguy posted:

Did one hour of Yo-Kai fate grinding today, and only got 1 legendary token :shepface:

That's either impressively bad luck, or you brought out your battle choco early on without realizing it's mutually exclusive with having a minion out.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

seiferguy posted:

Medals are about a 35% drop rate. Don't have your chocobo out. Expect to do 700+ for the glow ride.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I just can't imagine playing a healer and not using a single damage spell. How do you not get bored? And I can't believe some of them get lovely about it!

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

I just can't imagine playing a healer and not using a single damage spell. How do you not get bored? And I can't believe some of them get lovely about it!

It should really surprise no adult human that people can be extremely lazy if they think they can get away with it, and extremely bitchy when they can't.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I''m having a terrible and boring time by being lazy but by jove I am proud of it!!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I literally fell asleep once being an honest healer before I knew that cleric stance was useful in dungeons

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The poses in this event are fantastic.

Gonna grind and get all of them along with the full set so I can cosplay in dungeons and yell Red Ranger catchphrases.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
This event is kind of awful. The fates are over in five seconds because people spam AOE meanwhile every time I've tried to hit something it was invincible. The hell am I supposed to do?

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3

Bleu posted:

It should really surprise no adult human that people can be extremely lazy if they think they can get away with it, and extremely bitchy when they can't.

Coming from healing in WoW I was a little hesitant at first to believe that honest healing was supreme laziness but after healing a few POTDs yeah it does get kinda boring unless the tank is super-pulling.

cheetah7071 posted:

I literally fell asleep once being an honest healer before I knew that cleric stance was useful in dungeons

I wish I could say I've never fallen asleep while healing.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Nuebot posted:

This event is kind of awful. The fates are over in five seconds because people spam AOE meanwhile every time I've tried to hit something it was invincible. The hell am I supposed to do?

Just use the mount from the moonfire marine and spam the mount ability where the mobs spawn. Pretty easy to get credit.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Rhix posted:

Just use the mount from the moonfire marine and spam the mount ability where the mobs spawn. Pretty easy to get credit.

Yeah I found him afterwards. hiding in the shadows like that. Felt kind of dumb that I missed him.

I wish they made this mount purchasable. Just doing the main quest line I had enough points to buy the whole armor set, now I'm just stocking up on fireflies and poses, I really like the tropical elbst though.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
How long do we have to get all the poses and the armour?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Lemon-Lime posted:

How long do we have to get all the poses and the armour?

25th or 26th

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
So i skipped basically all side quests from ~25+ since i was maining a tank with easy queues eanyways and left them as an easy exp source for less fortunate secondary classes.

Now i'm mopping up some sidequests in central Coerthas and am supposed to fetch a special bottle of wine as a surprise present for Haurchefant :smith:

edit: also the quest is called something like "A Sip In Honour" roughly translated, which just makes it worse

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Aug 5, 2016

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

ReL quick, can I yokai grind and do the fates for the new event at the same time

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

SonicRulez posted:

I ran a dungeon the other day where the scholar never drew her weapon. Just ran around and let Eos do all the work. When I called her out on it the other two party members defended her.

One of the few times I got irrationally mad at how someone else was playing a game.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

ReL quick, can I yokai grind and do the fates for the new event at the same time

I don't think yokai medals drop from fates in Costa Del Sol/Eastern la noscea, probably for just that reason.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Wasn't there a goon that ground fates in costa for atma for like 12 hours before finally giving up?

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

That wasn't me, but I also did that like an idiot.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Vil posted:

That's either impressively bad luck, or you brought out your battle choco early on without realizing it's mutually exclusive with having a minion out.

I haven't summoned my chocobo for months, and after every fate I panic checked to see that my minion was out and I was in the right area. It's impressively bad luck.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SettingSun posted:

I ran a dungeon the other day where the scholar never drew her weapon. Just ran around and let Eos do all the work. When I called her out on it the other two party members defended her.

One of the few times I got irrationally mad at how someone else was playing a game.
I've just had a lv 46 Gladiator in cutter's cry (yes no job) who just ran into mobs, popped random cooldowns, then... did, i don't know what. the bard and dragoon were the de-facto tanks, never saw a single flash

So it turns out that a DRG CAN tank the chimera boss, didn't expect that.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I've two manned that chimera a bunch of times because people are bad and dead. It doesn't do much damage if you don't get hit by the lightning/ice stuff, which is 100% dodgeable.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Side quests are actually a poor source of experience for alt jobs as any xp gained through them doesn't enjoy the benefit of armory bonus.

Edit: although if you have a main job at 60 then knock yourself out because who cares :v:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

HenryEx posted:

I've just had a lv 46 Gladiator in cutter's cry (yes no job) who just ran into mobs, popped random cooldowns, then... did, i don't know what. the bard and dragoon were the de-facto tanks, never saw a single flash

So it turns out that a DRG CAN tank the chimera boss, didn't expect that.

I was grouped with a DRG in a guildhest (I know, but I like them), that only did Piercing Talon over and over, like he was roleplaying a ranged lancer, I guess? Fortunately, those end pretty fast, regardless. I got 2 comms as an Archer, probably because the other guy was so lovely.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Truga posted:

Wasn't there a goon that ground fates in costa for atma for like 12 hours before finally giving up?

I did it for at least four hours..on my second relic..

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

I realized yesterday while running EX/60/50 DR that I don't remember the last time I had a SCH in the party who used Selene and Cleric Stance. It is basically a free comm from me if I see it and it just doesn't happen. On top of that, most of these honest healers won't even handle mechanics (ie. tanks during second boss of Fractal, Bananas during first boss of Hullbreaker Normal) so that the DPS can stay on the boss; they just sit there idle, waiting for the tank to take the tiniest amount of damage.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Oh, good. I'll do it this weekend, then.

Thanks!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

GB_Sign posted:

I realized yesterday while running EX/60/50 DR that I don't remember the last time I had a SCH in the party who used Selene and Cleric Stance. It is basically a free comm from me if I see it and it just doesn't happen. On top of that, most of these honest healers won't even handle mechanics (ie. tanks during second boss of Fractal, Bananas during first boss of Hullbreaker Normal) so that the DPS can stay on the boss; they just sit there idle, waiting for the tank to take the tiniest amount of damage.

Well DUH, the dps is supposed to handle mechanics. They should try being useful for a change.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I am happy that I can listen to the Moonfire Faire music any time of year in game now, but disappointed that they don't sell a Posing Rangers Theme.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Crafter question: do the master recipes get checkmarks / count for the "craft x unique thing" achievements or can i skip them

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Done zero Yo-Kai Watch™ grinding (please buy all the games my bud worked on these games! - Yoshi P) and I feel great.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Dastardly posted:

Done zero Yo-Kai Watch™ grinding (please buy all the games my bud worked on these games! - Yoshi P) and I feel great.
At the very end, after getting all the minions and all the weapons, there's a bit between the minstrel and Nohi that is cute if you have seen their interactions in Live Letters and stuff.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I heard people saying the new holiday FATEs are glitched and the soonest they can patch it is monday

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Dastardly posted:

If you have any lower level jobs you want to grind, now is a great time to do it. FATE parties are very easy to find right now.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I heard people saying the new holiday FATEs are glitched and the soonest they can patch it is monday

Glitched in what way?

Dastardly posted:

Same, done zero grinding so far and got myself two of the weapons already. It's cool to go chill about this

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Sinners Sandwich posted:

the faire events are working fine, if not a bit (extremely) overpopulated

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

HenryEx posted:

Crafter question: do the master recipes get checkmarks / count for the "craft x unique thing" achievements or can i skip them

No, they don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

HenryEx posted:

Glitched in what way?
Not glitched, but rather you have to capture three special level thirty bombs of which there are only a few. Almost all of them die the second they spawn since everyone tries to grab them. Why they aren't instanced nobody knows.

• Locked thread