Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

so I'm getting conflicting news here, is may resigning or is she announcing a future hypothetical undated resignation that won't happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Grape posted:

That and it's entirely and totally Islamophobic. A very dogwhistle form of it.
Like shorn of it's phrasing it's basically "TWO OF THE THREE ABRAHAMIC RELIGIONS, NOT THE BAD ONE"

Christianity has way more in common with Islam as a religion too.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/samisam147/status/1131922508972810241

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Grape posted:

That and it's entirely and totally Islamophobic. A very dogwhistle form of it.
Like shorn of it's phrasing it's basically "TWO OF THE THREE ABRAHAMIC RELIGIONS, NOT THE BAD ONE"

the druze, rastafarians, etc tho

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Who is that guy? He seems like an rear end in a top hat.

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

the bitcoin of weed posted:

so I'm getting conflicting news here, is may resigning or is she announcing a future hypothetical undated resignation that won't happen

the latter

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Brexit Party will probably beat Labour at a general election currently.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

prefect posted:

Who is that guy? He seems like an rear end in a top hat.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

lol imagine wanting to be pm right now

It says something about the type of people who become politicians that they'll probably be over a dozen people contending to inherit the current poo poo-show.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

It's time to promote Larry the Downing Street cat from Chief Mouser to PM.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

UrbicaMortis posted:

It says something about the type of people who become politicians that they'll probably be over a dozen people contending to inherit the current poo poo-show.

maybe biden will win

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Grillfiend posted:

the latter

bad rear end

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

the bitcoin of weed posted:

no one has any idea what's going on at any point

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Nonsense posted:

Brexit Party will probably beat Labour at a general election currently.

Nice username/post combo

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers
Pour one out for the real loser in all this

https://twitter.com/BBCVickiYoung/status/1131942350119460866?s=19

Seems like he's announced his resignation weekly for the last couple of months and constantly gets drowned by real news

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Bryter posted:

Pour one out for the real loser in all this

https://twitter.com/BBCVickiYoung/status/1131942350119460866?s=19

Seems like he's announced his resignation weekly for the last couple of months and constantly gets drowned by real news

HUMILIATION FOR LOSERS MYRIAD

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I can't wait until I can't await Bojxit!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/SilvrdSpin/status/1131920352051957766?s=19

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Bryter posted:

In fairness, he can kind of say he rehabilitated the party.

He didn't, but correlation is usually good enough for politics

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
so as an American struggling to piece it all together, May was basically in charge of getting the entire UK to agree on some sort of terms for Brexit, so that you all could vote on whether or not it would work or be a good idea, and she failed, splintering her party into oblivion and leaving your country to just spin its wheels while the EU’s ‘flextension’ date in October draws closer, but now instead of figuring out Brexit you have to replace May, have her successor grab the reigns and get everyone on the same page, and then go back to worrying about Brexit, about which seemingly nothing has been done or agreed upon?

am I missing anything big here?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

god drat the insanely hilarious ways democratic institutions can be broken lmao

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Bust Rodd posted:

so as an American struggling to piece it all together, May was basically in charge of getting the entire UK to agree on some sort of terms for Brexit, so that you all could vote on whether or not it would work or be a good idea, and she failed, splintering her party into oblivion and leaving your country to just spin its wheels while the EU’s ‘flextension’ date in October draws closer, but now instead of figuring out Brexit you have to replace May, have her successor grab the reigns and get everyone on the same page, and then go back to worrying about Brexit, about which seemingly nothing has been done or agreed upon?

you're missing the meaning of brexit

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Bust Rodd posted:

there wasn't supposed to be another referendum or anything, May was supposed to put together a plan that parliament would pass, but otherwise yeah

Red Metal posted:

also this

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Red Metal posted:

I was told Brexit means Brexit.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

BREXIT II: The Real May Day Starts Here

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/MYk1Hkv.mp4

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I hear Tessa is leaving. Does that mean her deal has no chance of passing anymore? Makes you think

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Opferwurst posted:

I hear Tessa is leaving. Does that mean her deal has no chance of passing anymore? Makes you think

No, to the contrary.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

:eyepop::popeye::eyepop::popeye::eyepop::popeye:

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

lol

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
tmays loving tonite

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

somebody has finally figured out what brexit means

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

namesake posted:

No, to the contrary.

Excellent callback :golfclap:

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Squizzle posted:

the druze, rastafarians, etc tho

They are the big three that are famously intertwined, there's no mistaking what Judeo-Christian is partly intending on communicating.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Grape posted:

They are the big three that are famously intertwined, there's no mistaking what Judeo-Christian is partly intending on communicating.

anyone that says "judeo-christian" isn't racist is a creep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers
yass queen get his rear end

https://twitter.com/gabyhinsliff/status/1131888115747086337?s=19