Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

BlitzBlast posted:

Primer can fill in holes from poor cutting, but it can't flatten things. It's why everyone says you should sand when you paint, you want a flat surface.

Was just wondering if it needed to be really flush or the primer would fill it in as to not be a big bump. Best way to describe it would be to run your finger nail over the area and feel a stop. Could Mr. Surfacer, fill that in and make it so your finger nail does not feel that bump? I'll prob just sand more, just trying to figure out what I can leave for the primer to fix basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Wouldn't recommend it. You'd be better off cutting as close as possible and then filling whatever results.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Apr 2, 2015

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

The light blue psycho-frame looks really nice.

The light blue also makes it look a little like the G-Self, which is pretty much traditional Gundam colors with random super light blue.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Wow, the Wing Gundam Zero Honoo has really bad seams on the legs. Like, 90's No Grade bad.

Who thought that was acceptable in 2015? The worst part is that the rest of the kit has nearly no seams whatsoever. It doesn't make any sense.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Apparently, the Build Fighters releases for July are in.

To Be Release in July 2015:
- HGBF 1/144 Lightning Zeta Gundam
- HGBF 1/144 Dom R35
- HGBF 1/144 Gundam Leopard Da Vinci
- SDBF Amazing Red Musha

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DigitalRaven posted:

Apparently, the Build Fighters releases for July are in.

To Be Release in July 2015:
- HGBF 1/144 Lightning Zeta Gundam
- HGBF 1/144 Dom R35
- HGBF 1/144 Gundam Leopard Da Vinci
- SDBF Amazing Red Musha

Under the HGBC line is a bigass Gatling Gun in June :gizz:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Could it be? Could it actually be a good 1/144 Zeta.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Could it be? Could it actually be a good 1/144 Zeta.

Hopefully it'll also be the base mold for a Revive Zeta.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Broken Loose posted:

Wow, the Wing Gundam Zero Honoo has really bad seams on the legs. Like, 90's No Grade bad.

Who thought that was acceptable in 2015? The worst part is that the rest of the kit has nearly no seams whatsoever. It doesn't make any sense.

This is actually a fairly common thing for HGs, though they usually disguise it better. I guess all the budget for this one went to the flaming glowy crap.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 2, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Oh man, is the regular Leopard going to be a web exclusive? :negative:

The Lightning Zeta reminded me a lot of the Hyper Zeta.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I don't really like the Zeta but the Lightning Zeta was real cool. I'm tempted.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'll need to see the model before I get excited, the HGBF Lightning is garbage, and is the first thing coming off my shelf when I need room.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Amiami and HobbySearch have started preorders for the June releases. Amiami already closed preorders on the Tryon-3, so anybody wanting one might want to get on it soon.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
GAO! GAI! GARRRRRRR!!!

This is nothing short of engineering perfection.

I'm back home now, so any changes/additions that you guys would added to the OP is now doable for me. Suggestions would be appreciated. Also, if you'd like to save me the trouble of going through every page to find them, post pictures of completed projects you'd like to have added to the second post.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

You'll want to edit the part that says Hobby Search has flat rate shipping. That's Hobbywave.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Swagger Dagger posted:

the HGBF Lightning is garbage, and is the first thing coming off my shelf when I need room.

Details, please?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
System Weapons 009 and 010 have been announced for July and August, respectively. 009 is a pair of Zaku shoulder-mounted RPG's, and 010... is another shoulder-mounted RPG with a rifle.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Bimmi posted:

Details, please?

The engineering and whatever is fine, it's just really boring in robot sniper mode and really, really bad looking in plane mode.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

010... is another shoulder-mounted RPG with a rifle.

010 is the Strike's bazooka, which was only ever released in a special edition of the original MG Aile Strike. This is actually pretty awesome!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

010 is the Strike's bazooka, which was only ever released in a special edition of the original MG Aile Strike. This is actually pretty awesome!

Ah, I thought it might be something SEED-based, given it was posed with the Strike. My disappointment with it is that four of the last five System Weapons have been Bazookas or RPG's. It's still neat on its own merits.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

That quadruple rocket clip is a thing of beauty.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
nobody in the Build Fighters Try thread seems to care that there was a 5-7 second close-up shot of the Woundwort flying off to fight in the final episode, which was rad as gently caress to see. maybe they're finally getting off their rear end and are making a kit of the thing and they're just at the prototyping phase?

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Apr 3, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Sorry, but that was because it was one of the winners of a contest a while back as to who would cameo in Try. Same goes for Xi.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
They pretty explicitly said they WEREN'T going to have the Woundwort without having a kit, then chose the Xi instead. Either they changed their minds or they've got SOMETHING in the works they haven't announced yet.

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 3, 2015

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Colon Semicolon posted:

Either they changed their minds or

they were trying to boost ratings?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Any tips for airbrushing future? I take it I should just barely light mist a piece so its not really shiny to help not causing it to pool. What psi would be best to shoot it at? Plan to test this out on a bunch of spoons first.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Were there ever any kits made of the Silhouette Engines from Overman King Gainer?

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

PoptartsNinja posted:

they were trying to boost ratings?

God I hope not.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

Were there ever any kits made of the Silhouette Engines from Overman King Gainer?

The only King Gainer kit in existence as far as I know is a resin Overman King Gainer.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Colon Semicolon posted:

They pretty explicitly said they WEREN'T going to have the Woundwort without having a kit

Said where, exactly? It's not like showrunners have any influence over what Bandai does or does not do, so it seems like a strange promise to make.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

BlitzBlast posted:

The only King Gainer kit in existence as far as I know is a resin Overman King Gainer.

That's hosed up. We live in a hosed up world where the Infinite Justice has a Master Grade, but the Anf from Gundam 00 gets nothing.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

boom boom boom posted:

That's hosed up. We live in a hosed up world where the Infinite Justice has a Master Grade, but the Anf from Gundam 00 gets nothing.

Armaments
30mm Machine Gun
This projectile weapon found below the Anf's optical sensor, replacing the Fanton's original smoothbore gun. The smoothbore weapon fires a 30mm round that is used in anti air or in rare cases, anti MS attacks. Possess low destructive power. This armament is commonly used as an anti-personnel weapon capable of firing rounds with enough power to leave large holes in stone walls.

Kinda overkill for killing unarmed civilians. The box art would be it committing genocide! That will sell good!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Tenzarin posted:

Armaments
30mm Machine Gun
This projectile weapon found below the Anf's optical sensor, replacing the Fanton's original smoothbore gun. The smoothbore weapon fires a 30mm round that is used in anti air or in rare cases, anti MS attacks. Possess low destructive power. This armament is commonly used as an anti-personnel weapon capable of firing rounds with enough power to leave large holes in stone walls.

Kinda overkill for killing unarmed civilians. The box art would be it committing genocide! That will sell good!

Oh my god, how had I never heard of the Fanton before? Oh my god look at this thing, it's the best Mobile Suit I've ever seen

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Colon Semicolon posted:

They pretty explicitly said they WEREN'T going to have the Woundwort without having a kit, then chose the Xi instead. Either they changed their minds or they've got SOMETHING in the works they haven't announced yet.

It's a BF Cameo. They don't go further than "Oh wow, they animated that :munch:". The bigass battle at the end was probably a late addition, so they just went "gently caress it, toss the Woundwort, the Xi, whatever I don't care I'm out".

boom boom boom posted:

Oh my god, how had I never heard of the Fanton before? Oh my god look at this thing, it's the best Mobile Suit I've ever seen

It has an exposed clip of ammo center-chest. Who the hell thought that was a good idea? Hell even soldiers on the ground could kill it that way.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Yeah, those are cool but I can see why they didn't make model kits out of them (pretty sure they hit everything else from that show, though.)

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

people from the ground could hit every mobile suit, because theyre so drat big

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

if you throw enough shoulder launchers at the problem somebody is going to get lucky and hit the cockpit or something else vital

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

every robot is really dumb so what really matters is how cool it looks

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Sharkopath posted:

every robot is really dumb so what really matters is how cool it looks

Words to live by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Oh lordy, go check out the box art for the Petit Beargguys. It's adorable :allears:. I've linked the Red variant, but they're all in different dance poses.