Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Fighter
Nov 27, 2015

by zen death robot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Who keeps 900 grand in a checking account?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

NESguerilla posted:

a colossal financial idiot.

Now if it's a corporation....

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

REDRUM

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

NESguerilla posted:

Jon pop.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

LOL I bet the guy who made this is ugly and plays videogames all the time who wants a super hot chick to cook him dinner and blow him while he plays CoD

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
This was easily my favorite Black Friday of my life so far. So I'm going to write a book about it, watch out.
I started out by randomly riding buses until I ended up on bus 13 which took me exactly where I wanted (the library). Praise Allah for guiding my randomizations. Then I read a bit about how there's a big ol' Black Lives Matter protest going on down by all the consumerist bullshit in downtown Seattle, so I wandered my lazy rear end down that way to see what that was all about. It was on the way there that I began grumbling "CONSUUUUUUME" at every random group of passersby in my best demon growl.
Anyways after doing that for a bit I ran into some elders singing about how we need to stop wars and be sustainable and all that sort of obvious stuff, to the tunes of christmas carols. The nice lady who was leading the group saw me listening in and gave me a few pieces of sheet music and told me to join them, so I awkwardly complied and had a delightful time attempting not to throw off the entirety of the chorus while reading sheet music for the first time. I mostly hummed but it was quite fun.
Then I ran into the Black Lives Matter protesters. There was a subset of white people meditating with their eyes closed with a bunch of signs about how 'white silence = white compliance' and things along those lines. So I sat and joined them in meditation for a while and at the end of it one of them gave me a cookie. After that everybody gathered round and listened to a few choice words from a few people who were willing to speak. I cried a little bit because it was giving me hope for the world and because I'm a human being. Also I saw some girl with super beautiful ice blue eyes so I complimented her because she looked like she was about to pierce the flames of hell with some absolute zero quantum ice beams n poo poo but I didn't go that far with my compliment even though I should have.
Then we started marching. The mob decided to march through Macy's since they're a big ol' pinnacle of consumerist disgust, so I helped hold open one of the doors until the cops threatened to arrest me. At first I thought it would have been fun to get arrested but I wimped out and let them close the doors, it was enough to have disrupted their commerce briefly.
I won't bore you with the details of the full march, but I mostly just kept demon growling "CONSUUUUUME" at people because I was bored of repeating the slogans that people were chanting which were vast oversimplifications of the issues and mostly emotion driven, though still extremely valid for the most part, as far as you can express a complex issue in a chant.
At one point while stopped at a store, a protester got dragged into the store by cops, who then tried to shut the door immediately. Several people tried to hold the door open and I joined them, it didn't take long for all of them to get knocked off the handle though, and it was me versus 3 cops trying to close the door (I had 2 people pulling on me so they couldn't try to snatch me up but it didn't do much to alleviate the force from my arms). The cops then came from behind and started pushing the people who were holding onto me away so I reached my limit and let go and then slipped away from them because I'm a slippery little devil. It was very invigorating and probably the most fun workout I've ever had. I will endeavor to fight cops more in the future. I think it would take 4 average cops to take me down without a taser.
Later we all marched through Forever 21. One of the customers mentioned that 'if it was like this all the time in here, I'd come here more often' and I laughed and agreed that I would as well.
When the call was made to return to Westlake Park, the cops attempted to pretend that they were accomplishing something by blocking us from walking on the sidewalks directly back. I confronted them on the fact that they weren't enforcing any real laws and were in fact inhibiting the public from walking on public property. Most of them refused to respond because they knew I was right and they knew they were just obeying orders regardless of the validity of the orders, so I pointed out that they were a bunch of pitiful pawns with no will of their own, and stuff like that. The most legitimate response I received when asking what they thought they were accomplishing was "We've formed a line," to which I golf-clapped.
By the end of the event, my IQ had dropped a solid 30 points, as is the nature of mob interaction (regardless of the validity of the righteous fury fueling the mob). The notion of ending racism (and particularly ACTUALLY loving PUNISHING COPS WHO MURDER PEOPLE EVEN IF THEY'RE BLACK) was a nice message, of course, but I think that people should really be concentrating more on ending the entirety of our capitalistic caste system, which separates people into "homeless", "working poor", "middle class", and "gods who have enough to do basically anything but still think they need more," since these castes affect everyone (albeit not equally from a racial perspective, of course).
Afterwards a bunch of hippies started banging on buckets so I danced for them and one of them loaned me a bucket so I drummed for a while and afterwards he gave me a small crystal, which I hoped was drugs but unfortunately wasn't.
Then I heard some rear end in a top hat preaching a bunch of christian tripe on the corner so I went and pestered him as he yelled into his mic, poking holes in his shallow logic, while he tried desperately to ignore me and not look at me and only respond to the people who just shouted something at him as they were walking away because they wouldn't engage him. That didn't stop me from roasting him for a while though because, well, if he's gonna shout at people who aren't listening then I have the right to talk at him while he pretends not to listen.
At some point some dude stood near this fool and his 2 cronies who were holding signs, and held his hands up to the air as if to imply he were enraptured by the Holy Spirit. But I let him know that he was clearly looking up at Nyx, not Christian God. Then I engaged another one of the poor pitiful creatures who was holding a sign and deconstructed his logic until he repeatedly fell back to the 'infallible bible' assumption. After getting bored I wished him terrible luck inflicting his ignorance on others, and proceeded on my way.
I growled a lot more demonic "CONSUUUUME"s at people at this point. I seriously want to emphasize how much fun it is to do this and you should definitely try it at least once. I'm going to make it a habit every holiday season from now on I think, until humans stop ignoring the suffering of others and earth stops being a purgatory.
Then I rode a shopping cart down about a mile of hill. Which was probably more effort than just walking since I had to work the crap out of my arms and core to keep it steady but was still pretty fun.
And then I wrote a big gay facebook post which is always amusing to me even though it's spectacularly futile. To anybody who made it this far, well, thanks, I hope my delightful little day was amusing to you much luvs miau

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

:lol:

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
...that mouth dimple/fold goes almost all the way across her face. What the hell.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Picnic Princess posted:

LOL I bet the guy who made this is ugly and plays videogames all the time who wants a super hot chick to cook him dinner and blow him while he plays CoD

He doesn't understand! He always gets that when he completes one of his epic XBox adventures!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

naem posted:

Also we spent a trillion dollars (financed by China whose economy turns out to be mostly garbage) in order to murder brown people for a decade until their whole region is going murder nuts and they're stampeding to escape and occasional shooting up our cities yes

:drat:

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

naem posted:

I know of several half abandoned subdivisions where only a couple of houses were built, with blank lots or empty foundations along a nice paved drive with a circle turn around, with one hillbilly family living it up in their house they kept through the recession using the whole thing as their driveway full of atv's

lol there is almost this exact situation near my friend's house down in Naples, there is this huge failed subdivision that is just the grid of streets and no actual houses, like half of it is paved with curbs and everything and the other half is just dirt roads in this gigantic grid shape

my friend has an old Mitsubishi evolution that we drive around like maniacs in there and it is fun as hell, also redneck kids have build a pretty sophisticated dirtbike racetrack with big jumps and poo poo, it's really great

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

NESguerilla posted:

Anyone you'd want to actually date, duh.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

TheMostFrench posted:

http://everydayfeminism.com/2015/08/for-nice-guys-who-dont-get-it/

Thanks feminist faerie, now I know how to avoid committing microaggressions.

by using the 'nice guy' pejorative, you other me

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

dude for sure wrote his own wiki page

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

jon pop that is very racist

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

NESguerilla posted:

I always keep 1% of my assets in cash.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Saw that at the store the other day. It's pretty expensive for water that isn't Fiji or Evian.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

TheMostFrench posted:

http://everydayfeminism.com/2015/08/for-nice-guys-who-dont-get-it/

Thanks feminist faerie, now I know how to avoid committing microaggressions.

So calling someone a "rude bitch" and stealing their belongings are microaggressions?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Stinky_Pete posted:

So calling someone a "rude bitch" and stealing their belongings are microaggressions?

Actually, yeah.

With respect to the range of aggressive activities that are engaged in around the world.

edit; let's list macroaggressions

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 28, 2015

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Actually, yeah.

With respect to the range of aggressive activities that are engaged in around the world.

edit; let's list macroaggressions

So what's a white woman clutching her purse when a black man enters the elevator? That's gotta be a nanoaggression, unless it's sexist to expect her to feel safe around all men

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I'm a little confused here. Is a microagression the same thing as being passive-aggressive?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Stinky_Pete posted:

So what's a white woman clutching her purse when a black man enters the elevator? That's gotta be a nanoaggression, unless it's sexist to expect her to feel safe around all men

That's a defensive action, it's the opposite of aggression.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Jim Barris posted:

I'm a little confused here. Is a microagression the same thing as being passive-aggressive?

One million microaggressions can be redeemed for one aggression

notZaar posted:

That's a defensive action, it's the opposite of aggression.

But I thought the microaggression crowd said that counts?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Stinky_Pete posted:

I'm not sure how to interpret this post.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I'm not sure how to interpret this post.

I'm saying that's what I thought was micro, so what the hell is it really if verbally berating someone is already micro. They can't be in the same order of magnitude

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
If I rub my dick all over a womans purse while she's in the bathroom is that a microagression? Feels drat good I can tell you that much.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Jim Barris posted:

If I rub my dick all over a womans purse while she's in the bathroom is that a microagression? Feels drat good I can tell you that much.

Cumsharking isn't a microaggression but rather a crime against humanity.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Stinky_Pete posted:

Lol, I uh... I think you got it.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Jim Barris posted:

micro is definitely the prefix I would use to describe anything involving your penis yeah

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Microaggressions are a Dumb Word for any negative act that you can put towards a person without actually meaning to. Examples are holding a door for a woman, or also failing to do so

Accretionist posted:

Saw that at the store the other day. It's pretty expensive for water that isn't Fiji or Evian.

It's fancy Fiji-style water? I figured it was more so plastic bottles weren't generated.

Unless it is wax coated and non-recyclable, in which case lol

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Microagressions are just weak poo poo

if you don't like someone for any reason whatsoever you should just beat on 'em until they whup you or the cops pull you off

the way we demonize violence in this country is absurd

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Grand Prize Winner posted:

the way we demonize violence in this country is absurd

:mmmhmm: speaking truth to power

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how come cars and houses aren't priced so they can be afforded but almost literally everyone has to take out loans to own them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Groovelord Neato posted:

how come cars and houses aren't priced so they can be afforded but almost literally everyone has to take out loans to own them.

Because they cost a lot to design and manufacture. Not to mention the material cost.

• Locked thread