Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Nothing to see here, people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spoeank posted:

Roto is great if you want to have boring slog to see who can mine the most stolen bases off the waiver wire.

H2H may have bullshit losses but for someone those are bullshit victories. You have to measure success differently in H2H but it's way more fun.

It's just so much more brutal because you're literally managing your team every single day for months on end then whoops you got shelled this week even though you played the matchups as well as you can. GG

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I can live with that more than being a top-4 score in my football league but end up 5-8 because every week I get a dump truck of points dropped on me

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

gently caress pitching forever, but I have $500 riding on needing a slightly better batting day than my opponent and it's stressing me out :ohdear:

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite
I needed Shoemaker to have a bad start the other week to take 3rd place in my H2H and he got hit in the head.
I needed Carrasco to have a great start yesterday to make to the world series and he got hit in the hand.
gently caress pitching forever.
Peraza please steal 2 bases for me today.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I have leads of 7, 6, 5 and 1 in hits, rbi, runs and holds...if my opponent takes 1 or ties 2 I lose :riker: (couldn't find the nail bite one, so trying to channel my inner beard)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'm coming into today winning 9-3-0 after being tied and trading the lead practically daily for the past two weeks. Yogi quotes and all that, but I feel pretty good right now.

Of course if I do win, the championship is against the juggernaut team that picked up all of my mistake drops and all that.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I was winning my playoff matchup 8-1 last night, now it's 5-4. I've got steals, average, ERA, and WHIP locked up.

other dude has the tiebreaker. my team is 2/18 so far today. :ohdear:

tied in homers, down 1 in runs, down 2 in rbi, down 1 in wins, up 1 in saves. Ks are lost.

edit: down to whether Pedroia gets an rbi and if ottavino gets a save. either one and I lose.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 19, 2016

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
So, got second place and a first round bye in one of my leagues. The semifinals are wrapping up right now. I finished 2 RBI shy of tying that category up leading to a 5-4 win. Instead, my matchup finished 5-5...and the team I'm facing holds the regular season tiebreak over me. :suicide:

Thanks, Josh Donaldson injury!!!

I did move into a first-place tie in my roto league as of this morning, so that's cool.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

lost by 1 loving save. or 1 rbi. son of a bitch.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

lost by 1 loving save. or 1 rbi. son of a bitch.

:smith::hf::smith:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Hum, my Sunday was pretty relaxing.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Stumbled into the playoffs in 8th place and just won 9-4 :feelsgood:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Moneyball posted:

Hum, my Sunday was pretty relaxing.

rotoisbad.jpg

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Ahh, that was a nice relaxing bye week, let's see what happened with my team...

Oh, Carassco and Guerra are done for the year. :smithicide:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Made it to the second round in both leagues :toot:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

IcePhoenix posted:

:argh:

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
I just closed out the win in our two week championship, repeating as champion!

Pretty happy, was nervous as Hamels/Hernandez/darvish combined for like negative points in the matchup.

Realistically it was my justin upton pickup that made the difference. Funny, I always avoid him because he's so streaky, but I rode his hot streak to a title!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

on the plus side you're unlocked from trading now so you can go after Seager to your heart's content!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Lost by .058 batting average :gonk:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

:ohdear:

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

At least you guys aren't dealing with someone who is waking up at 3 a.m. to snipe the top streams.

Best of luck to the both of you on the other side of the bracket.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

5-6-1 :argh:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh hey that's my playoff result :( I lost when I benched Upton and he hit that 2 HR game. That was the 1 RBI I needed :(

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Cool, good job Thor.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

Rand alPaul posted:

Oh hey that's my playoff result :( I lost when I benched Upton and he hit that 2 HR game. That was the 1 RBI I needed :(

Why'd you bench Upton? He's been incredible this month. Yahoo player rater has him as the fifth best batter over the last 30 days (19 R, 30 RBI, 12 HR (!!), 1 sb, .286. BA). He's been one of the main reasons I'm in the semi finals in my h2h league.

Edit: unless you meant Melvin

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doghouse posted:

Why'd you bench Upton? He's been incredible this month. Yahoo player rater has him as the fifth best batter over the last 30 days (19 R, 30 RBI, 12 HR (!!), 1 sb, .286. BA). He's been one of the main reasons I'm in the semi finals in my h2h league.

Edit: unless you meant Melvin

I totally over thought it and shot myself in the foot. I was trailing in RBIs and looked at the matchups, and saw that Upton was 1-16 and missed a game with a strain calf, and I had to make the choice between starting him or Harper. I went with Harper only because he was playing against Atlanta and had Turner batting in front of him, where as Detroit had Miggy/Martinez/Martinez in front of Upton and they were all ice cold and playing against Cleveland, who dominated Detroit this season.

So yeah, baseball is hard to predict and I chose poorly. :qq:

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
You know, I figured Thor vs. the Braves would be a good start to the playoffs.

Turns out Jharel Cotton was actually a good pick up though.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mentholmoose posted:

You know, I figured Thor vs. the Braves would be a good start to the playoffs.

Down 2-9-1 after the first night over here!

(I know, it's just one night. But still!)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

You have so many pitchers.

Stop having so many pitchers.

Also I am mildly surprised that nobody picked up Felix.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

IcePhoenix posted:

A lot of mileage on that arm, no guarantee the Felix of old is coming back.

And tomorrow is against Toronto. Won't lie, I thought about it. But I will probably have to trade a pitcher at the end of the year.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah, I just didn't like any of the other options enough to not take a chance on him. I just figured that a bad team with a super low waiver would have grabbed him.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
As an aside, it feels good for Longoria to finally pay off after all of these years of holding on to him.

And Trevor Story is still a top 100 player on the season.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

My gast is thoroughly flabbered that Rick loving Porcello is actually going to have to be one of my keepers.

That is something I never in my life thought I would say.

e: I am going to have some really tough choices for keepers. I want to keep my entire team. :(

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

My gast is thoroughly flabbered that Rick loving Porcello is actually going to have to be one of my keepers.

e: I am going to have some really tough choices for keepers. I want to keep my entire team. :(

I can help you with your tough decisions by taking Bryant off your hands.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I was ready to drop my entire pitching staff at the end of the year save for Thor, but there are 4-5 guys there I can make a case for now.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Wrong thread, but are all four of the main season awards going to the Red Sox and Cubs? Mookie, Porcello, Bryant, Hendricks (Scherzer? Lester?)

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Moneyball posted:

Wrong thread, but are all four of the main season awards going to the Red Sox and Cubs? Mookie, Porcello, Bryant, Hendricks (Scherzer? Lester?)

Scherzer is getting the NL CY Young. NL MVP is going to Bryant just because he is on the Cubs though Arenado deserves it. The AL MVP is a 3 player race between Mookie, Altuve, and Trout with Mookie getting it because his team is contending. Cy Young is Porcello but I wish Verlander had more wins to be in contention. Awesome comeback.

ROY are Seager and Fulmer.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

jabro posted:

I can help you with your tough decisions by taking Bryant off your hands.

I will fight you.

I'm in the same boat. I don't know what kind of eligibility Myers will have next year. I don't think I can make him, Hanley and EE all work.

Trevor Story solved my SS and Tulo problem for next year though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
gently caress Troy Tulowitzki. I drafted him last year for $28 and then during this year's draft had to get him again because he was the only decent available SS at the time, cost me $24 this time. Fortunately, l I was finally able to snag a hot player in Jonathan Villar.

Speaking of Villar, how has his second half been? I pretty much stopped paying attention when I was out of playoff contention and football started up. I know I really shouldn't even be asking this until spring time, but think he'd be worth keeping for $10 in a H2H points league?

• Locked thread