Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well, poo poo. I didn't know you posted here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Time for that Minecraft RP video series.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Minecraft is probably the easiest answer, really. But probably not.

edit: It's probably not a sports game, and a series points it away from something you probably wouldn't be able to mine for content on for a long while like a call of duty or similar shooter. There's already a pokemon series going, too.

In order of likelihood: GTAV, Skyrim, Just Dance.

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 8, 2016

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Aww, it's not Plane Boys?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

flatluigi posted:

Just Dance.

Oh God please.

Please

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Babylonian posted:

I'll give you a hint: it involves one of the top 10 best selling games of the past 5 years. :3:

Hmmmmmmm
https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/795805239500632064

Spoiler tags don't work for tweets...

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 8, 2016

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

What's a popular game where you pick things up

edit: ^^^oh

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

FutonForensic posted:

What's a popular game where you pick things up

edit: ^^^oh

Banjo Kazooie Nuts n Bolts

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

That came out a decade ago!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Maybe the recent Monster Factory gave Griffin ideas, or maybe this happened and that's what inspired the Monster Factory.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Whatever it is, I'm sure they'll find a way to either A. break it or 2. make it far more interesting than it originally was

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Babylonian posted:

I'll give you a hint: it involves one of the top 10 best selling games of the past 5 years. :3:

Oh God, the Nick is coming from inside the thread!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I hope it's more wii funtimes, which will capture both the innocence of bygone days and the hilarious bullshit of using a Wii.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Babylonian posted:

I'm really psyched for you and griffin to play knack

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Gas Station Blanket

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So since I'm only like one episode away from being fully caught up now, are there any other podcasts out there like The Adventure Zone? I loved listening to the narrative mixed in with the comedy. I know they mentioned a few other D&D podcasts in an earlier episode but I think they said they were more serious by the books things.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Try Dragon Friends, a podcast by a bunch of Australian comedians. It's always recorded live, with a live band. They don't take anything very seriously and murder a whole bunch of people, which is really all you want.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Gluten Freeman posted:

Try Dragon Friends, a podcast by a bunch of Australian comedians. It's always recorded live, with a live band. They don't take anything very seriously and murder a whole bunch of people, which is really all you want.

I'll give it a shot, thanks. Not sure I'm a huge fan of live podcasts and all that but can't judge it until I try it and it's going to be a long time until this arc of adventure zone is done.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

Nuebot posted:

So since I'm only like one episode away from being fully caught up now, are there any other podcasts out there like The Adventure Zone? I loved listening to the narrative mixed in with the comedy. I know they mentioned a few other D&D podcasts in an earlier episode but I think they said they were more serious by the books things.

Try the Board With Life podcast - it's pretty similar to Adventure Zone. They also started with Lost Mines of Phandolin and then switched to a custom campaign, and they're a pretty good mix of story and jokes.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

All my adventure zone buddies are losing their minds over Critical Role, but I've never listened to it, so :shobon: don't blame me if it's bad.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Beekeeping and You posted:

All my adventure zone buddies are losing their minds over Critical Role, but I've never listened to it, so :shobon: don't blame me if it's bad.

It is far, far more casual than TAZ, and apparently can only be found in video form. It's pretty good, but the vibe is not at all the same as TAZ.

The jokes are much more on the level of the Switcheroo episode, and if you didn't like that, well...

Tom Funk
Feb 19, 2010
I like Hello from the Magic Tavern. It's not a D&D podcast, but it does fill the improv-in-a-fantasy-world void that I crave.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo that song at the end had me doubled over. I was carrying glasses at the time and I had to put them down because I thought I'd drop them.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Babylonian posted:

You know, I shouldn't be surprised that you're a goon, but I still am.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/DocCurm/status/795989769612365824

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Nick trolled us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Onzu_r-O7YA

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Happy birthday Travis, now please stop overenunciating everything and consider not wearing cowboy boots.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

You ask a fish not to swim.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Touch the Skyrim is the greatest name for a show ever.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The ending of this weeks podcast is the strongest joke they've done in a long long time.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The ending of this weeks podcast is the strongest joke they've done in a long long time.

Seriously. I don't usually relisten, but I'm going to have to go back and listen again because my insane laughter made it difficult to hear it all.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The actual best goof this week was the 5-year old at the restaurant seeing a fire truck

Tom Funk
Feb 19, 2010
Yea, that whole bit was one of my favorites in a while. Sooo good.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/796064088316985344

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

"Every episode we're going to add more mods until Skyrim ceases to function."

Well, I hope everybody enjoyed this, the penultimate episode of Touch the Skyrim.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm gonna put all of Jimmy Buffet's songs on a jump drive and then flush it

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Kinda surprised Griffin didn't go for the mod that replaces the two moons with Todd Howard and... I honestly can't remember who the second one is.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

the Godspeed You Black Emperor joke was very good in the Skyrim video

Reformed Pissboy fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 9, 2016

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

All those plays on Todd's name are quality goofs, they made me laugh real good.

I just found out about the McElroy empire recently after being introduced through car boys, and it's been a hell of a ride catching up with all of their Polygon video content before finding out about CGI and mbmbam. It's been a laugh filled few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

CainsDescendant posted:

All those plays on Todd's name are quality goofs, they made me laugh real good.

I just found out about the McElroy empire recently after being introduced through car boys, and it's been a hell of a ride catching up with all of their Polygon video content before finding out about CGI and mbmbam. It's been a laugh filled few weeks.

Check out the The Adventure Zone, once you finish mining that vein. It's got solid goofs plus McElroy Senior to bring it all into focus.