Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

The Huge Manatee posted:

There aren't any titans for the first few minutes of each game, so running an anti-titan weapon out of the gate is pretty pointless.

On the other hand, zapping some poor pilot with the charge beam across half the map for the first kill of the game is hilarious.

Edit:. Anyway, how do people feel about the double take? Took it for a spin for a couple of games after the unlock and I don't hate it, but it really needs an amp. If you aren't a headshot machine it feels like the travel time and slower fire rate will get you killed if you're spotted.

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I have no issues finding games either but I worry that the playerbase will dry up in a couple months and I want Respawn to do well financially because they're an awesome studio.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Edit:. Anyway, how do people feel about the double take? Took it for a spin for a couple of games after the unlock and I don't hate it, but it really needs an amp. If you aren't a headshot machine it feels like the travel time and slower fire rate will get you killed if you're spotted.

Double Take is loving awesome. And that might be the lone endorsement you'll find for it in this thread.

I use variable zoom in this game though rarely use high zoom(mostly just for scouting)

And if I'm sniping I'm always running a sidearm.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

^burtle posted:

I saw a headline somewhere that COD sales were down 40% this year, which I'm hoping means Overwatch and TF2 cut into that. Everyone I've convinced to buy the game has been boomin on it, so once it goes on sale on PSN, I'm sure it'll build community and hype for 3.

Ya I've bought drat near every COD like an idiot. Not because I'm a diehard fan, but not much compares tbh. That said, I'm done with their price gouging, loot crates/pay-to-win, and season pass that I never get to use

Not that Overwatch is the first to do it, I just really like that free DLC model with cosmetic poo poo to buy. I'm no video game journalist, but I'd wager to guess that Overwatch is making more money with that rather than a season pass.

Knifegrab posted:

It does have DLC, in fact its going to have quite a bit, the catch is, its all free, so as not to fragment the player base.

Yeah I love this and all I just hope they don't abandon it too soon. Aside from the Angels City map in December, nothing has really been mentioned, and their Twitter is relatively dead (unless I'm missing something). No info from devs about new content, patches, tone nerfs. I mean why haven't they already released a bunch of gaudy cosmetic poo poo to cash in? Maybe they're waiting for Xmas. So while I really want this game to succeed, and I'm not saying it sold terribly, I'm worried they'll just wipe their hands with it and stop supporting it

Aside from the dew/doritos poo poo and laughable buffal Wild wings promo this game has no buzz and it doesn't seem like devs are trying to generate any by promoting, announcing, or talking about poo poo

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Nov 17, 2016

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I'm guessing you do a sidearm with quick swap to deal with close targets? Tried to hipfire in a jam earlier and some of the shots came out nearly perpendicular .

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Un-amped it feels like the worst of both worlds when compared to the Kraber and DMR but when you amp it it's pretty hilarious. DMR is honestly still better IMHO since it's hitscan with the same damage profile but I was getting quite a few kills with the Double Take even without amping it last night once I got into the groove of aiming it so it's fine if you want to use it.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
There's supposed to be a community update on every other Friday. The next scheduled one is tomorrow. Lookin' forward to it.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I'm guessing you do a sidearm with quick swap to deal with close targets? Tried to hipfire in a jam earlier and some of the shots came out nearly perpendicular .

Actually, I usually run the fast ads perk and faster cool down on kills perk. I feel pretty comfortable with my own awareness to not need to run quick swap. But honestly not having my death count visible in game makes me not give too much of a poo poo about dying.

I just typed "not" a lot.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Insert name here posted:

Un-amped it feels like the worst of both worlds when compared to the Kraber and DMR but when you amp it it's pretty hilarious. DMR is honestly still better IMHO since it's hitscan with the same damage profile but I was getting quite a few kills with the Double Take even without amping it last night once I got into the groove of aiming it so it's fine if you want to use it.

I didn't realize DMR was hitscan. I'll have to give it a fair shake once i unlock it again.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

There's supposed to be a community update on every other Friday. The next scheduled one is tomorrow. Lookin' forward to it.

What's this

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

At some point they said that there would be some kind of community update every other Friday.

Not literal game update, but just a post talkin' to the community.

Keep in mind that I am cursed in this thread and keep being wrong about everything.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
This game is pretty good, but its no Huniepop!

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008

explosivo posted:

Hooray! :toot:

Edit: I only asked because I'm at work and haven't booted it up yet. Glad to hear I don't have to worry about it.

Give it a few weeks. Once Christmas hits, you'll have a new battalion of twitchy teens ready to be rodeo'd.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Snuffman posted:

Level 11 means you've unlocked all the mods and scopes for a gun, everything past that is skins and banners until regen (20?), but as I understand it gun and titan regen doesn't re-lock anything, it just resets the counter.

Anti titan weapons, its level 6 or 7?

Never looked at pilot sidearms, not sure what the point is. Actually, can anyone enlighten me as to why I would use a sidearm in place of a anti-titan weapon? Are the grenade launchers in the primary category any good against Titans? I've seen people occasionally using the Mozambique, but I never see any other sidearms.

I use pistols in Pilot v Pilot

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Just bought this with a 47% off code from ps store.

Anything i should know before i jump in multi player wise.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

BlindSite posted:

Shoot mans.

Use Tone as soon as you unlock it.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Lumpy posted:

Use Tone as soon as you unlock it.

Until you get legion and then use that

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

ethanol posted:

Until you get legion and then use that

Yo I unlocked Legion and played 2 matches and he's super fun

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

teh_Broseph posted:

8 gigs DDR3-1333 (RIP other pair of 8), no other "applications" running and tried to overzealously kill a bunch of stuff off in task manager, turned every option in audio and video to off/lowest. Payin some more attention it doesn't sit at 100% the entire time, don't know what has to be happening to trigger it but seems looking out across with a good view of a map does it - thanks for the graph, mine prolly looks like that just shifted up so 45% is average and 100% is peak. On a good note, found out I can probably go up to 4.6 maybe 4.7ghz on my CPU to make me feel better about holdin off for the new chips.

Now I gotta make myself take off the troubleshooting hat and just play the drat game!

One thing I found really helped was setting an FPS limit usin nvinspect. Without it I was bouncing around between 100-144 FPS which was really loving with my mouse input. Give that a shot too, I set mine at 90 FPS and everything is super smooth.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Knifegrab posted:

This game is pretty good, but its no Huniepop!

I too, am incredibly upset about the lack of Blue Alien Women in Tit and Fall 2.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

BlindSite posted:

The campaign is good, and even playing a couple of chapters will get you familiar with the mechanics.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

lost a game of Bounty Hunt 4999 to 5000 tonight.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

This is why I deposit even when I have $5

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
In a round of Last Titan Standing I rushed ahead to grab a battery to drop in a beefy Titan and then rush in and nuclear eject as Ronin, but the beefy Titan walked into enemy fire as I was giving him the battery and I died.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is there a way to destroy a battery you've grabbed? It's pretty annoying that you usually just get killed and drop the battery to be picked right back up most of the time.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

since they reduced the bounty hunt count from 6k at the eleventh possible hour. it would be nice if they forced you to actually deposit to win. Feels scummy just beating up on a bounty titan and suddenly winning and have lost plenty of close matches to gunfire latency on a bounty titan

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

veni veni veni posted:

Ooof!

ethanol posted:

This is why I deposit even when I have $5

Yup!

Well, I mean, if I'm right there. I usually don't go out of my way.

... I still haven't learned this lesson :(

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Just bought this for xbox cause it was 30 bucks and it's pretty great. Finished the campaign and starting to dip into multiplayer. Everything seems pretty straightforward but what exactly do the factions do? Does it just change the voice over the comms in each match?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Pops Mgee posted:

Just bought this for xbox cause it was 30 bucks and it's pretty great. Finished the campaign and starting to dip into multiplayer. Everything seems pretty straightforward but what exactly do the factions do? Does it just change the voice over the comms in each match?

Yes. Different drop ship and announcer. Leveling them up gets you banners and gifts.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/save-on-titanfall-20161118
On sale at $33 for all platforms ($26 with GCU). First place I've seen the PC version get a discount that's not a key site. Physical version only so you'll have to wait a week or so to play.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
there are an awful lot of furries that play this game

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.
Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, I wonder where my boot will go?

https://clips.twitch.tv/kzuk/ComfortableBeeTriHard

New clip making doodad on twitch seems cool.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

chumbler posted:

Is there a way to destroy a battery you've grabbed? It's pretty annoying that you usually just get killed and drop the battery to be picked right back up most of the time.

No. But it's still worth it because it pretty much instantly fills up your titan meter and I think it still takes away more damage than it replenishes when they take it back.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Antoine Silvere posted:

there are an awful lot of furries that play this game

This game is anime as gently caress that's why.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

TG-Chrono posted:

This game is anime as gently caress that's why.

I'm starting to finally unlock more camos that arent lovely boring military camos and now im starting to see how doofy things are.

There are sweet anime babe nose arts you can get if you level a titan to infinity, Wish you could unlock advocate gift camos early with credits though, It might be 2 years before I earn Fishsticks randomly

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

I wish there were more paint jobs that weren't just different camouflage patterns. I want Ronin to have some racing stripes, dammit.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Pictured: anime:

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

Pictured: anime:

not my image but

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

zolthorg posted:

I'm starting to finally unlock more camos that arent lovely boring military camos and now im starting to see how doofy things are.

There are sweet anime babe nose arts you can get if you level a titan to infinity, Wish you could unlock advocate gift camos early with credits though, It might be 2 years before I earn Fishsticks randomly

I got fishsticks for my Kraber...

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
As a heads up, both versions of Titanfall 2 are on sale for $32, $28 with GCU at Best Buy. If you already own it, get some as Christmas gifts.