Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Seltzer posted:

My friend just ran into Juve filming a Jeep commercial in Philly and got a pic with Chiellini.

I hope your friend did a pose where it looked like he was biting Chiellini's arm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I hope your friend did a pose where it looked like he was biting Chiellini's arm.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Chievo might not have to lie about their finances anymore, now that they're hosting Ronald's first Serie A appearance.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Gigi Galli posted:

The original Worlds Greatest Meltdown was over the hard games surrounding the CL matches so maybe then being easy is actually good. Reverse meltdown!!!

Facebook actually serving a purpose and reminding me today of when De Laurentiis melt down over players going to England and he said english women don't wash their genitals.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Robviously posted:

Facebook actually serving a purpose and reminding me today of when De Laurentiis melt down over players going to England and he said english women don't wash their genitals.

"To them, the bidet is a mystery", what a line

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Bidets own

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Wengy posted:

Bidets own

They're the greatest.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I prefer them.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
So I can't find my post, but I remember last year when I bought this av, I noted that the previous 2 avs I bought led to that player getting transferred out at the end of the season (Pogba and Lemina). And now, well...

Let's just say I won't be getting a Ronald or Dybala av once fatty Gonz is shipped out.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

So I can't find my post, but I remember last year when I bought this av, I noted that the previous 2 avs I bought led to that player getting transferred out at the end of the season (Pogba and Lemina). And now, well...

Let's just say I won't be getting a Ronald or Dybala av once fatty Gonz is shipped out.

You think he's gonna go to Milan? I keep reading that Milan are (wisely) holding out for Caldara. Then again

https://twitter.com/rossoneroanto/status/1022872003630563329

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

You think he's gonna go to Milan? I keep reading that Milan are (wisely) holding out for Caldara. Then again

https://twitter.com/rossoneroanto/status/1022872003630563329

Lol

I think it's a toss up between Milan and Chelsea right now. The Bonucci situation makes Milan a lot more likely than if he wasn't pushing for a return to Juve.

If Gonz leaves I do hope it's to Milan rather than Chelsea, would be a fun bit of drama for the league :)

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Apparently Milik managed to injure Zielinski in today's training by kicking a ball from under his foot, which caused his ankle to twist. He'll be out for two weeks. These two are like loving Laurel and Hardy. On the bright side, at least Milik finally managed to kick a ball.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
His curse is transferrable to others. That's terrifying.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Badelj is going to Lazio now?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Seltzer are you going to the Juve - Benfica friendly today?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

trem_two posted:

Seltzer are you going to the Juve - Benfica friendly today?

I am not. I actually discussed it with some friends but schedules didn't line up. You going?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Seltzer posted:

I am not. I actually discussed it with some friends but schedules didn't line up. You going?

No, I was just curious, since it isn't too far from home for you (I think?)

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

trem_two posted:

No, I was just curious, since it isn't too far from home for you (I think?)

Yeah, red bulls are my team and it's at redbull arena. Anyone in central NJ/northern NJ/NYC can get to redbull arena rather quickly. It's extremely accessible by rail and is one of the nicest soccer stadiums in the country. We're kind of spoiled in that way.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

So

loving

Triggered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7x0TaZWFvI

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Seltzer posted:

Yeah, red bulls are my team and it's at redbull arena. Anyone in central NJ/northern NJ/NYC can get to redbull arena rather quickly. It's extremely accessible by rail and is one of the nicest soccer stadiums in the country. We're kind of spoiled in that way.

I’ll be on the train in about 3 hours to head up for the Red Bulls game. Newark is going to be nuts with all of the Portuguese out in force to watch Benfica

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I think Cancelo is going to have a big impact on Juve. He's so much better than De Sciglio and the version of Lichtsteiner from the last 3 years. He's actually been really good as a forward in the two friendlies, I could totally see Allegri using him in that role, like he's done with Alex Sandro and Dani Alves.

I really do hope Alex Sandro stays, when Sandro and Cancelo are out there at the same time it should be a lot of fun.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
So many great memories. If you are new from the world cup or other leagues, don't think- watch :)

My prediction for this coming season is that Gattuso will not only be eating panettone, it will be made of Leonardo's rear end.
Looking forward to it all for the first time in years :)

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

loving lol that Conte banner

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Wengy posted:

That is a highlight lol

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Wengy posted:

What does it say?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
"Carnivale is over, take off your wig"

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Brony Car posted:

What does it say?

You don't need to speak Italian to figure out it says the carnival is over, take off your wig.

e: beaten like Szczęsny is going to be every weekend before they ship him off to Turkey in December

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/Pure_Milanista/status/1023928199615574017?s=19
:aaa:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

fake news

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

*In David Attenborough voice*
A Higuain in his natural habitat, a mcdonalds in Turin.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Matt_Santangelo/status/1023962402277261313

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AroundJFans/status/1024003186523348992

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

He even got hair implants.

The Pjaca/Fiorentina deal is back on, but it's quickly becoming comedic. Fiorentina want the loan with right to purchase, Juventus want the obligation. Then Juventus opens for the right to purchase, but only if Fiorentina also buys Sturaro outright :lol:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

canepazzo posted:

The shoulders are a bit of an odd spot to get hair implants.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

canepazzo posted:

The Pjaca/Fiorentina deal is back on, but it's quickly becoming comedic. Fiorentina want the loan with right to purchase, Juventus want the obligation. Then Juventus opens for the right to purchase, but only if Fiorentina also buys Sturaro outright :lol:

What the hell?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Tanc is saying Vidal loaned to Inter is likely to happen

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

canepazzo posted:

Cesena has been penalized 15 points for the incoming season (although they bankrupted and will start from amateur league so it's beside the point), while Chievo:

https://twitter.com/tutticonvocati/status/1022048300214755328

LMAO forever

"The FIGC tribunal has declared that the trial cannot go forward due to a procedural mistake. Prosecutors have appealed the decision"

UEFA: we are the worst governing body
TAS: hold my beer
FIGC: you are like little baby, watch this

Update on this:

The procedural mistake was that Campedelli (Chievo owner) protested that he wasn't audited prior to the indictment; thus, FIGC had to postpone the trial and had set up an audit for Campedelli today.

Campedelli sent a sick note and skipped.

So in short:

canepazzo posted:

LMAO forever

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jul 31, 2018

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

That is some Berlusconi levels of avoidance. You have to hand it to Campedelli for that excuse, it's brilliant.

I imagine it's too late to do anything now? The season has effectively started with Atalanta playing a European game and the first round of the Coppa Italia already done.

You could still give a points penalty I guess but a relegation has to be off.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

That is some Berlusconi levels of avoidance. You have to hand it to Campedelli for that excuse, it's brilliant.

I imagine it's too late to do anything now? The season has effectively started with Atalanta playing a European game and the first round of the Coppa Italia already done.

You could still give a points penalty I guess but a relegation has to be off.

I'm guessing any penalties (if any) would be applied to next season as this point (i.e. 2019/2020). It screws Crotone badly tho, who's announced an appeal; there's a chance we'll have a late Serie A start due to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

I'm guessing any penalties (if any) would be applied to next season as this point (i.e. 2019/2020). It screws Crotone badly tho, who's announced an appeal; there's a chance we'll have a late Serie A start due to that.

I was wondering if they were spending or otherwise planning to use tv money from promotion already. Given the parachute payments I would think they're ok either way; I can't see them winning an appeal over this since nothing was ever actually confirmed.

• Locked thread