Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo

Libluini posted:

CCP plans a great rework of Faction Warfare, something about "narrative content".

Are there even any goons still around who are interested in LowSec and FW, or is this thread now NullSec/Wormholes only?

I know there was someone who posted a few months ago or something about the status of FW, so someone is doing it at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Andohz posted:

I know there was someone who posted a few months ago or something about the status of FW, so someone is doing it at least.

I probably won’t get into the FW stuff, but I did all 10 lvl 1 Enforcer (Calderi) missions on my new alt last night. I had done all the Exploration (Minmatar) stuff + the first mining mission while waiting on my application to go through back in May.

The rewards are great! The AIR stuff just throws isk and ships at you. My time in game has been focused so strictly on fleet PvP, it was a nice change of pace. One of the GMs (Icebrand?) sent me a Merlin & Venture so I’m going to try the industrial stuff today or tomorrow. The login rewards have also netted me a couple of frigates and a destroyer.

I can completely understand if you’ve been playing for a decade plus that this stuff won’t be interesting to you, but for a new player this stuff is a treat! I plan on doing at the very least all the different careers to level 1, and having money/referral SP available for skillbooks (plus the Merlin is a beast in missions tuned for a corvette lol) is almost like cheating.

I also did my first Tranquil Firestorm Abyssal last night in a gauss/armor Cormorant. I followed advice from a YouTuber (Firestorm is bad for shields so armored/armor repair is Godly) and I was done in seven minutes; would have been six but I was taking screenshots 🤓. Considering that more of my time in BattleTech (including tabletop in the 90s pre-clan) was spent designing ‘Mechs than playing I could probably waste a few days played just learning what works where and how. I can see how the “one more run” effect (Vampire Survivors, I’m looking at you!) can waste a weekend. I eventually plan on bringing my alt to Delve (haven’t looked up the process for adding a new Omega account, as opposed to just an alt) but for the next couple of weeks this is a novelty!

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Libluini posted:

CCP plans a great rework of Faction Warfare, something about "narrative content".

Are there even any goons still around who are interested in LowSec and FW, or is this thread now NullSec/Wormholes only?

there's one goon (armadillo?) in Local is Primary, which is the best organized alliance across all of FW but specifically fights in the Amarr/Min warzone. There is a "cross alliance" so you can fight for your empire's ally (Amarr<->Caldari, Gallente<->Minmatar) and so I know they spent some time last year in the other warzone when their content dried up. in its current iteration it's mostly a place for larger alliance people to stuff alts to do interesting pvp instead of smash 150 hacs into 150 other hacs.

if you want to give it a try, gal/cal warzone is more active. the issue with it used to be that you'd get squashed trying to do anything interesting because snuff and shadow cartel live there, but both are pretty afk presently. additionally, my dumbass alliance has moved into lantorn and is dropping on everything in sight so if you have the skill and people to counterdrop morons, then it could be fun, but if you're just a lonely goon trying to find their way in the universe and don't want 15 redeemers to appear out of thin air on your t1 frigate, avoid

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Mr. Grinch posted:

i would travel to the ends of the universe gathering all seven dragon balls up my own rear end in a top hat just to plead and beg with shenron to put a bullet in this game's head

I like this game.

Spaceships go whoosh. Missiles go boom. Lasers go bzzzzzt.

:)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

there's one goon (armadillo?) in Local is Primary, which is the best organized alliance across all of FW but specifically fights in the Amarr/Min warzone. There is a "cross alliance" so you can fight for your empire's ally (Amarr<->Caldari, Gallente<->Minmatar) and so I know they spent some time last year in the other warzone when their content dried up. in its current iteration it's mostly a place for larger alliance people to stuff alts to do interesting pvp instead of smash 150 hacs into 150 other hacs.

if you want to give it a try, gal/cal warzone is more active. the issue with it used to be that you'd get squashed trying to do anything interesting because snuff and shadow cartel live there, but both are pretty afk presently. additionally, my dumbass alliance has moved into lantorn and is dropping on everything in sight so if you have the skill and people to counterdrop morons, then it could be fun, but if you're just a lonely goon trying to find their way in the universe and don't want 15 redeemers to appear out of thin air on your t1 frigate, avoid

I've stopped playing the game back in February, after the Dr. Who crossover that really pissed me off for some reason. Funnily enough, I have a couple of alts stuffed into their own alt corp just for solo PvP (signed up for Gallente, for RP-reasons), and back then I'd sometimes abuse FW to force people into solo PvP, with mixed results. (Sometimes I had nice fights, sometimes I'd just hang around for hours, slowly collecting FW-points because no-one showed up, not even the usual tricked-out pirate faction frigates hunting for easy kill mails. Just no targets at all, it was mind-numbingly boring.)

I was mostly asking because I wanted to hear what people think about CCP now upending the entire table with the new changes.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

none of it exists yet and i'm unwilling to give ccp the benefit of the doubt and assume it will work as described so it'll be a bit

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

https://www.eveonline.com/news/view/uprising-a-major-new-expansion

I get more psyched for visual changes like this than any feature addition/change CCP implements.

(Because they usually don't gently caress up visual updates.)

Faction destroyers?? Faction dragoon??? Faction dragoon platoon????

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Rudeboy Detective posted:

https://www.eveonline.com/news/view/uprising-a-major-new-expansion

I get more psyched for visual changes like this than any feature addition/change CCP implements.

(Because they usually don't gently caress up visual updates.)

Faction destroyers?? Faction dragoon??? Faction dragoon platoon????

The article doesn't manage any of this, the word "destroyer" specifically is not mentioned a single time, so I would temper my expectations.

The closest I could find is the promise to put heraldry on your ships. Which is nice, I suppose. But also I don't care, so I'll continue to not play. :shrug:

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

I heard CCP is sending 100 billion isk to every omega sub and you can't tell me otherwise.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

The article does mention a "new suite of ships" which could very well be the navy destroyers that were leaked during a livestream a few months ago.

I didn't read it either so it's all cool.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Better FW or really anything that can get people to PvP without being attached to a giant player group would be good for the game, so I hope it works out.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

Hi

Yep, I'm in local is primary

I didn't realise you were in BigAb (Are you twisted?)

The amarr/minmil wz is good when it gets going as far as FW goes as we fight each other and don't get pestered by snuffed as mentioned

If you are a 5-10 man roaming crew, cal gal is the place for you

A lot of FW regulars are a bit anxious that FW is gonna be an isk tap and the null blocs are gonna take over
Also a lot of confusion over what they are gonna do with citadels too...

I'm hopeful the changes will mean blowing up ships

If you want to know more or get involved ask your questions and/or I'll hook you up with Amarr mil

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Will be interesting to see what they do with this FW revamp. If they do it well, it could be a good arena for people who want to fight a war where N+1 supercaps isn't the path to victory.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

So there's a freaking wizard in the trailer for that EVE update.

It's about time, CCP.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

It's about time, CCP.

But did he come from the Moon?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

angry armadillo posted:

(Are you twisted?)

how dare you

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
Ha ha, well if it makes you feel better I shot one of his nergals but then you all blew up our Tatara later that evening

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

https://zkillboard.com/kill/103277472/

pvp. eve online.

(this is not me, but is indicative of our """""content""""" deployment)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

It's about time, CCP.

that's not just a wizard, gently caress I thought you were joking, but that guy literally looks like Gandalf

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

https://zkillboard.com/kill/103277472/

pvp. eve online.

(this is not me, but is indicative of our """""content""""" deployment)
I heard the lamaa fight was very enjoyable - too late for me

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i left in the middle of it

RC won't come off their keepstar, we won't jump caps onto the keepstar. nothing is going to happen

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

goosefeet still a pile of poo poo why is that even a recommended corp to join in the OP? it's 31 people endlessly feeding just holy lol https://zkillboard.com/kill/103278056/

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

ok goon welcome to goosefeet, it's your first day in eve yeah? ok here's what you do. undock a 9 bil hauler in jita.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Love to obsessively check the killboard of my posting enemies to make sick burns about isk efficiency.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Love to obsessively check the killboard of my posting enemies to make sick burns about isk efficiency.

it's a funny killmail, op

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
lol was prob still expecting corp bm for the warp out

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo
CEO has threatened to dissolve the corp if our killboard leaves red... Sometimes extreme measures are needed for when we don't whelp enough.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

unironically dont get how a bc kills a blockade runner solo in high sec. not like 'oh my goodness gracious how did this happen' but like literally mechanically huh

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
you click on someone undocking and hover your finger over f1 and fire as soon as you hear the lock confirm sound. they can lock you in about 3-4 seconds, depending on server ticks

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

40 lbs to freedom posted:

unironically dont get how a bc kills a blockade runner solo in high sec. not like 'oh my goodness gracious how did this happen' but like literally mechanically huh

I've been one-shot by a tornado in Jita in a blockade runner before

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Blockade runners can’t be scanned so sometimes gankers just decide that it’s your turn to be the mystery piñata. If they want you dead in high sec then you dead and they will throw away a lot of isk on a chance of a big kill, although that time loot fairy went lol no.

Welcome to empire, it ain’t 1DQ.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

learnincurve posted:

Blockade runners can’t be scanned so sometimes gankers just decide that it’s your turn to be the mystery piñata. If they want you dead in high sec then you dead and they will throw away a lot of isk on a chance of a big kill, although that time loot fairy went lol no.

Welcome to empire, it ain’t 1DQ.

Really the fundamental lesson is: highsec is dangerous in ways nullsec isn't

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

lovely tuna snatch posted:

goosefeet still a pile of poo poo why is that even a recommended corp to join in the OP? it's 31 people endlessly feeding just holy lol https://zkillboard.com/kill/103278056/

:honk:

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I've been one-shot by a tornado in Jita in a blockade runner before

never would have guessed thanks. would have thought for sure concord would get to you first. tbh if i had 9bil and a blockade runner i would have undocked it

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Lmao

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

never would have guessed thanks. would have thought for sure concord would get to you first. tbh if i had 9bil and a blockade runner i would have undocked it

all I did was fly a blockade runner through Hek the other day and I got chased for 6-7 systems but it was slightly faster than they were in warp and they gave up.

blockade runners are not good in highsec lol.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lol federation navy webifier for 7 bil whhaaaaat

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Yeah join groon instead.

We killed a MTU AND a vexor this week.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

very good that the corp the ganker is in is "New Band of Brothers"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

there's a guy who posts her some times called "globby" that is very smart and good at eve and knows a lot about concord, we should all get a knowledge booster shot from him I think hehe