Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Ineptitude posted:

What is that technic vehicle supposed to be?

Its like a spider mated with a scorpion, and their offspring had a baby with a wheel loader

It's a Volvo concept vehicle, of course it looks ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
The Volvo Station Wagon Loader Trailer.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bought two more blind bags today and finally got Harry!

...and another Fantastic Beasts pastry smuggler. :negative:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Ineptitude posted:

What is that technic vehicle supposed to be?

Its like a spider mated with a scorpion, and their offspring had a baby with a wheel loader

It’s a concept vehicle for a Volvo Wheel loader. This one is futures, with a survey drone, and is unmanned with a camera.

We just liked how it looked. :)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The Potter CMFs are the only line I’ve never gotten a duplicate in (so far), and I’m convinced it’s because I only have a passing interest in HP and I’m mostly just buying them for the weird new parts. If I’d been searching for a specific character I’m sure I’d have 15 pastry smugglers instead by now.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Well, gently caress.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No9X4eQhWDI

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

That really sucks. I never heard of followed the guy, but it's so violating to feel that someone has been in your house. loving they broke his car windows for no reason too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'd hope that if he can afford like 40 grand worth of Legos he'd have the sense to be paying a few bux a month for renters/homeowners insurance. Not that I don't feel for the guy that blows.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Welp that sucks.
Dude looks really heartbroken.
It looks like he is getting a lot of support in the comments though, even from Lego themselves, hopefully things will turn out ok.

I can see why someone would steal unopened sets, thats probably not very hard to unload, but why steal a MOC? The individual pieces are kinda worthless in that they will take ages to unload and the MOC itself is unique and no one would buy it.
Also how do you appraise a MOC?
The value of each individual piece? Which price, the cheapest on BL? Some sort of weighted average?
What about all the hours spent building it?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They'll dump it all in a tub and sell it per pound. When you're a thief everything you can make off with is 100% profit no matter what it sells for.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Yeah, it's like melting down a one of a kind piece of jewelry to just sell the gold. That's so hosed though, I can't imagine that poo poo.

I wonder what the chances are of the thieves getting caught.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yeah, it's like melting down a one of a kind piece of jewelry to just sell the gold. That's so hosed though, I can't imagine that poo poo.

I wonder what the chances are of the thieves getting caught.

unless he has cameras or there is footage of it, probably 0

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Even then honestly they don’t give a poo poo. I had video of my neighbor stealing a package off my porch (the BB8 set last year) and they were like ehhhh we will write a report.

Amazon nicely replaced it but man that was frustrating. What more do you need??

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Dogen posted:

Even then honestly they don’t give a poo poo. I had video of my neighbor stealing a package off my porch (the BB8 set last year) and they were like ehhhh we will write a report.

Amazon nicely replaced it but man that was frustrating. What more do you need??

Vigilante justice.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Yeah, it's time to break some knees.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Anyone place their Legos in a glass display case? If so which one did you use? I see one on Ikea's website, but it only has 4 shelves, I'm looking for like 5 and can fit the batmobile.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Re: Harry Potter minifig chat, I got the one girl carrying a hot dog. Is that a named character, or just random Hufflepuff #7?

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
That's Tina from Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Ah, still haven't read/watched that one.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3328496&pagenumber=1076&perpage=40#post488082521

Still have 5 left! The Creations For Charity store opens on the 15th, one week from now, and at that point, any remaining cars will be donated. Just wanted to give y'all one more chance here first!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Chairchucker posted:

Ah, still haven't read/watched that one.

And it you swap out her hat and put Harry Potter's hairpiece on her, you can create her character from "Alien: Covenant"

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1050068511509295104

Kinda underwhelmed on that build, TBH.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pretty good for that scale though. It's like a mixel build with guns.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I like the main trunk of the build but those arms are pretty :geno:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I like the fact I have no interest in it. The fewer sets I want. The more $$ in my pocket.

Or something like that.

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)
Hard to tell if it folds up into turret mode - seems like a bit of a missed opportunity if not. That's kind of Bastion's thing.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Big ol Me(c)h

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I saw the picture before reading it and didn't even recognize that as Bastion. lol

edit: Just saw the scale of it on the site, pretty off there.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That looks like it's got a boatload of miniballjoints, so it should be a pretty decent action figure all told.

But 25 bucks for 180ish mostly small pieces is a nope

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Captain Invictus posted:

That looks like it's got a boatload of miniballjoints, so it should be a pretty decent action figure all told.

But 25 bucks for 180ish mostly small pieces is a nope

There'll probably be a cheaper regular release.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Easy pass. Bring on the sets with minifigs!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Mei minifig or get out imo

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

There'll probably be a cheaper regular release.

I don't know if it'll be cheaper, but yeah, it's the coloration that's Blizzard exclusive.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
The lego ideas book set looks like a 10.26 release. Instagram has the box. Lego significantly improved it over the submission. At least the outside, hard to see the inside.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo2Lkqgg-Dr/?tagged=legoleaks

Instagram also has another of the overwatch minifigs.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
If anyone’s still looking for that giant Creator Ferris Wheel, you may want to check your local Targets. Mine had at least 4 on clearance for $140.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Big Mean Jerk posted:

If anyone’s still looking for that giant Creator Ferris Wheel, you may want to check your local Targets. Mine had at least 4 on clearance for $140.

Checked ours, no dice. Might need to be larger floor plan targets I don’t think either of ours stocked the giant sets that weren’t licensed.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

As much as I'd like to get into trains, I don't need another Lego vice and I don't have the space for it, so I think I'm just gonna throw my really lucky mega haul of tracks on Ebay. Just thought I'd mention here that I'd be into entertaining trades though before I list it, if anyone is interested PM me. Mostly looking for OT star Wars stuff I don't have, maybe Ninjago movie sets or Ideas sets.

Its about 110 pieces of straight and curved track, 2 switch tracks, a speed regulator, 2 power supplies, and 3 connectors.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Oct 14, 2018

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Was having a hard as hell time trying to figure out why the top part of the crane on set 8258 want working properly, and it's this one connection that's easily put wrong: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3490/3802198793_3e74815742_o.jpg

Get the yellow crankshaft bits 180 degrees out and it won't collapse properly.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Who was it here said the double VIP points are never coming? Because...

:siren: Double VIP Points October 15 - 31 :siren:

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...

The_Doctor posted:

Who was it here said the double VIP points are never coming? Because...

:siren: Double VIP Points October 15 - 31 :siren:

:toot:

Worst news ever. Just spent $200 at the store on Saturday.

Real question is if the black Star Wars VIP card is ever getting another sale.