Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Enfys posted:

Maybe cartoons should not be treated as if they provide a moral compass

Any piece of media provides a moral compass. Would you rather people be critical observers who can watch a character do good things, weigh it against their other actions, and come to the conclusion that they aren't a good person overall even if they did the right thing? Or would you rather have people passively believe that because they enjoy the antics of a character, then they're right to admire and emulate every lovely thing they do because they're the good guy at the end of the day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

there wolf posted:

Any piece of media provides a moral compass. Would you rather people be critical observers who can watch a character do good things, weigh it against their other actions, and come to the conclusion that they aren't a good person overall even if they did the right thing? Or would you rather have people passively believe that because they enjoy the antics of a character, then they're right to admire and emulate every lovely thing they do because they're the good guy at the end of the day?

I'd rather we not get into this derail and just do more IOSM, if it's all the same to y'all.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Gwaint posted:

I foolishly went to the videos comment section, naively expecting to see people calling her out for this.

This was not the case. :smith:

Reasonable people who think it's a good thing don't post in YouTube comments.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Puppy Time posted:

I'd rather we not get into this derail and just do more IOSM, if it's all the same to y'all.

oh, so YOU'RE the goon that hates derails

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

stdh.txt but beautiful nonetheless

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Who's the idiot supposed to be there?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Both of them, I guess. It's fair that she dumped him because he didn't do really anything with his life (even though that's clearly not actually why she did it) but she doesn't seem to get that his huge-rear end income from rent doesn't change that.

Edit: And the guy reposting and presumably idolising the guy in it, I guess.

maswastaken has a new favorite as of 19:59 on Jul 23, 2017

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

Anyone who reads all that poo poo?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I have green eyes and they turn pink when I do my magical girl transformation.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Push El Burrito posted:

I have green eyes and they turn pink when I do my magical girl transformation.

:eyepoop:

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Bombadilillo posted:

The guy who reposts the story on r/theredpill, counting the guy in the story as a great example of how to deal with "modern women".

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Am I the only one who thinks if you have a ton of money and yet still torrent poo poo because you're too drat cheap to buy it, that makes you a prick? Also it sounds like the chick dodged a bullet if what she wanted was someone really motivated and career-minded. Her ex just sounds like a lazy guy who gets away with it because he's sitting on a bunch of inherited wealth.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
She clearly indicated she wanted the career-mindedness of being able to buy a third house.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Potato soup and a torrented movie is a poo poo date. And he's just going to stay like that, so she was better off dumping him. Maybe he'll find a miser lady and they can live together in miser happiness not spending their money.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I have green eyes and it's not really that remarkable in that almost nobody ever remarks on them

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

You can spot the real life of the party when they've been drinking alone God only knows how long before showing up.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Strudel Man posted:

She clearly indicated she wanted the career-mindedness of being able to buy a third house.

Also marriage, kids, and other normal stuff. Maybe she is just a money-minded person or golddigger, and maybe dating a really frugal guy for months just put the pleasures of spending front of her mind the same way dating someone who only serves vegan food might make you start envying your friend's steak-dinner.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mak0rz posted:

Shared by the extremely crunchy girl I got my science degree with:

However, 90% of all main female characters in fantasy books have green eyes.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

there wolf posted:

Also marriage, kids, and other normal stuff. Maybe she is just a money-minded person or golddigger, and maybe dating a really frugal guy for months just put the pleasures of spending front of her mind the same way dating someone who only serves vegan food might make you start envying your friend's steak-dinner.

The important part for me is how she perceived him. She didn't know he was merely a frugal rich guy. He just seemed incredibly lazy and miserly, with no ambition to work or excel at life.

He sounds like a boring jerk.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I have green eyes, they seem to match the color of whatever green shirt I'm wearing, that's about it. It's probably an optical illusion.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

The important part for me is how she perceived him. She didn't know he was merely a frugal rich guy. He just seemed incredibly lazy and miserly, with no ambition to work or excel at life.

He sounds like a boring jerk.

Yea, and there was no indication of it being some sort of "secret test" like if she married him suddenly he'd open up his wallet and start spending like normal.

No, gently caress him and his miserly ways. You can't take it with you, so what's the point of living like a poor?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

WampaLord posted:

Yea, and there was no indication of it being some sort of "secret test" like if she married him suddenly he'd open up his wallet and start spending like normal.

No, gently caress him and his miserly ways. You can't take it with you, so what's the point of living like a poor?

Because you think that poor is cool?

ilmucche has a new favorite as of 21:37 on Jul 23, 2017

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

WampaLord posted:

It's really lovely that he dated her for months and was never honest with her.

But hey, gently caress those gold digging bitches.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Actually, I do know what that's like.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

kdrudy posted:

I have green eyes, they seem to match the color of whatever green shirt I'm wearing, that's about it. It's probably an optical illusion.

So it's atheist, vegan, crossfitter, gluten-free, and now green-eyed apparently? Brb gotta update my wordfilter extension

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I once dated a girl who insisted her eyes changed from green to blue when she was upset. IDGI, they always just looked blue to me.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

cptn_dr posted:

I once dated a girl who insisted her eyes changed from green to blue when she was upset. IDGI, they always just looked blue to me.

That's her secret: she's always upset.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

zoux posted:

However, 90% of all main female characters in fantasy books have green eyes.

On the other hand it's really hard to make brown eyes sound interesting.

"she had the most beautiful hazel eyes and her hair was golden chestnut color with dark-auburn streaks.

We already overused all the fancy words for brown.

Also brown is just a really terrible sounding word for a color that tend to mostly match bad things in our ordinary life.

WampaLord posted:

In 10.000 years when they invent resurrection you want some money in the bank waiting so you can buy all the cool future stuff and play future videogames.

As opposed to working a 20 hour day at future McDonalds (they found a cure for sleep along the way)

Catberry has a new favorite as of 22:27 on Jul 23, 2017

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

zoux posted:

Actually, I do know what that's like.

Isn't that a gimmick account?

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

WampaLord posted:

some people just have really simple tastes, and weeds cheap

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Jurgan posted:

That's her secret: she's always upset.

:thejoke:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
She just wishes she had the glorious green eyes. *rubs eyeballs*

So, this was a promoted tweet I keep seeing whenever I check my twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/TheEconomist/status/888428970621915136

Nothing unusual (besides really, really being focused on Amazon for some reason). But the comments have some interesting things there.

https://twitter.com/Mtch4u21H/status/888807527428882432

:allears: All his retweets are "I SUPPORT DONALD TRUMP RETWEET IF YOU AGREE".

https://twitter.com/Benjamin_Evans0/status/888878014452203520

Holy gently caress :stare:

https://twitter.com/deploJon/status/888902923060744192

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hanales posted:

Isn't that a gimmick account?

It's somewhere in the Andy Kaufman zone where no one is sure exactly how much she's kidding and how much is real.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Slugnoid posted:

some people just have really simple tastes, and weeds cheap

There's "simple tastes" and then there's "intentionally living like a miser." This dude definitely went too far down the miser hole.

I'm sure he'll find some women who's just as much of a miser as him and they'll be very happy, but gently caress, I just can't fathom that kind of mentality. I'm not saying to blow all of your money, but there's a healthy medium.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

I see a hammer and sickle. I'm game. Lets punch nazis like it's 1944.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

WampaLord posted:

There's "simple tastes" and then there's "intentionally living like a miser." This dude definitely went too far down the miser hole.

I'm sure he'll find some women who's just as much of a miser as him and they'll be very happy, but gently caress, I just can't fathom that kind of mentality. I'm not saying to blow all of your money, but there's a healthy medium.

Catberry posted:

I see a hammer and sickle

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Catberry posted:

I see a hammer and sickle. I'm game. Lets punch nazis like it's 1944.

They are not very good at convincing me to hate or fear the new world order.

I want a cool police gundam.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I dunno, can we teach that police gundam racial profiling ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

kdrudy posted:

I do, too (green with an outer brown rim), and yeah, pretty much that. They're actually rather colorless and will reflect ambient light and nearby colors sometimes, that's why they seem to match clothes and look clearer in daylight. Not at all like the "emerald green eyes" of many terrible (fan)fiction works out there. At least they give me a reason to wear clear, bright clothes :3: